Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • BoGoF
    • 8th Dec 11, 5:37 PM
    • 8th Dec 11, 5:37 PM
    Seems to be a common question about now, used to be the case that they were issued automatically.

Can I ask why you need proof?
  • osian
    • 8th Dec 11, 5:39 PM
    • 8th Dec 11, 5:39 PM
    Thanks, I need to fill in a tax return and I need to calculate the interest.
    • jennifernil
    • By jennifernil 8th Dec 11, 5:51 PM
    • 4,842 Posts
    • 1,991 Thanks
    jennifernil
    • 8th Dec 11, 5:51 PM
    • 8th Dec 11, 5:51 PM
    Ours were sent automatically, but you can work it out by adding up the amounts for each month as shown on your statements.
  • BoGoF
    • 8th Dec 11, 5:53 PM
    • 8th Dec 11, 5:53 PM
    Thanks, I need to fill in a tax return and I need to calculate the interest.
    Originally posted by osian
    If you know the net amounts then gross up by 100/80 and the difference is the tax.

For example you received £80 net interest 80 x 100/80 = £100. So your tax is £20 (20%)
  • BoGoF
    • 8th Dec 11, 5:59 PM
    • 8th Dec 11, 5:59 PM
    Anyhow, the tax return asks for the net amount to be entered, you don't need to enter the tax deducted.
    • jennifernil
    • By jennifernil 8th Dec 11, 6:01 PM
    • 4,842 Posts
    • 1,991 Thanks
    jennifernil
    • 8th Dec 11, 6:01 PM
    • 8th Dec 11, 6:01 PM
    Is there anywhere on the Lloyds website that I can order a tax certificate for the Lloyds Vantage account, for the the proof of interest earned for last tax year?

I had a look earlier and I can't seem to see it.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by osian
    Just had a look at the website......

Before you log on there is a panel on the right called "Help & Assistance"

Select "Self Service"

Then "current accounts"

Then " order a certificate of interest"
  • osian
    • 8th Dec 11, 6:09 PM
    • 8th Dec 11, 6:09 PM
    Thank you that's brilliant jennifer, I was looking for it when I was actually viewing the accounts, I didn't think to look before that web page.

I like to keep a paper copy filed just for records, just in case.

Thanks both!
  • notuptoyou
    • 6th Nov 12, 7:32 PM
    • 6th Nov 12, 7:32 PM
    I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to say thank you too! My local branch had no idea what I was on about!! You've saved me a lot of time and hassle!
  • flicka
    Really glad I looked on here. A retrospective thanks, Jennifer; you've saved me the hassle of having to phone LTSB - which I try my best to avoid.
  • harj1185
    Just a bump for this, needed a tax cert and found this via google, saves me having to call them up and/or write to them, let's hope it works!

Thanks!
    • msauk
    • By msauk 24th May 14, 9:20 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    msauk
    Thanks for the bump!

Wonder how long it will be before Lloyds make available certificates of interest for the financial year ending April 2014...
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 24th May 14, 10:03 PM
    • 3,483 Posts
    • 4,258 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    Thanks for the bump!

Wonder how long it will be before Lloyds make available certificates of interest for the financial year ending April 2014...
    Originally posted by msauk

My first Halifax one has arrived. I'm due a few more though.
    • Eco Miser
    • By Eco Miser 25th May 14, 12:42 AM
    • 1,764 Posts
    • 1,744 Thanks
    Eco Miser
    I've got the one for the account I upgraded to Club Lloyds, still waiting for the still Vantage one though.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
    • bowlhead99
    • By bowlhead99 25th May 14, 1:00 PM
    • 3,800 Posts
    • 6,662 Thanks
    bowlhead99
    I'm not sure why people are whooping with joy that having a facility to order and wait for a piece of paper in the post has saved so much time of phoning or writing to the bank...

Surely we all have internet access to our Vantage accounts, and the account has a search facility covering a date range of 3 months at a time, going back 10 years plus. So in no more than 4 searches you have your figure for what you got in whatever tax year. This will get you the answer in 5 minutes, rather than waiting a week for Lloyds and your postman to arrange an old duplicate certificate for you, (or waiting a month for the 2013/14 certificate to become available, then ordering it, then waiting delivery).

If you need a paper record of this for some reason, rather than just having the data electronically, you can hit print, or simply write the number down on a piece of paper to put in your cupboard ?
    • bob792
    • By bob792 25th May 14, 2:46 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    bob792
    Surely we all have internet access to our Vantage accounts, and the account has a search facility covering a date range of 3 months at a time, going back 10 years plus. So in no more than 4 searches you have your figure for what you got in whatever tax year. This will get you the answer in 5 minutes
    Originally posted by bowlhead99
    It takes more than 5 minutes to go through each account with 4 searches to extract 12 numbers and add them up. I have 3 Lloyds accounts, 3 BoS and 5 TSB and many here have more than this. At least with paper statements, if you can wait long enough before completing the tax return, you get a total per account on a statement eventually, but you don't have this option with TSB as this is a feature that you can't get with online statements.

It would be really useful if LBG could introduce a feature for showing annual interest online like Nationwide. Come on Lloyds, how about it?
    • Yorkie1
    • By Yorkie1 25th May 14, 7:20 PM
    • 10,947 Posts
    • 20,153 Thanks
    Yorkie1
    Thanks for the bump!

For accounts with paper statements, I think it comes in the statement automatically - so if you're on quarterly interest, you may have to wait a couple of months.

I've just had it through on 1 of my 3 accounts.
    • matty_art
    • By matty_art 4th Jun 14, 10:49 AM
    • 107 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    matty_art
    Has the way of ordering an annual interest summary now changed? Can't find it on my Club Lloyds online account.
    • noh
    • By noh 4th Jun 14, 11:07 AM
    • 4,985 Posts
    • 3,306 Thanks
    noh
    Has the way of ordering an annual interest summary now changed? Can't find it on my Club Lloyds online account.
    Originally posted by matty_art
    It is there although it is somewhat buried in the menu structure.

Here is a direct link to the form that you use.

https://secure.lloydsbank.com/online_forms/contact_us/enquiry/form.asp
    Last edited by noh; 04-06-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    • matty_art
    • By matty_art 5th Jun 14, 8:42 AM
    • 107 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    matty_art
    It is there although it is somewhat buried in the menu structure.

Here is a direct link to the form that you use.

https://secure.lloydsbank.com/online_forms/contact_us/enquiry/form.asp
    Originally posted by noh
    Great, thanks for that. No option to request one for 2013/14 yet incidentally.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,486Posts Today

6,974Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • British Gas 5% gas only price cut's paltry, like the rest, typically youll still be RIPPED OFF £300/yr. Check now https://t.co/4z6ZQAFv5T RT

• Trust me reading about it isn't as bad as experiencing it https://t.co/c4GAjeuxcU

• Just got into an empty lift at Itv. And quite clearly there's been a very recent very farty previous resident!

• Follow Martin