Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • elona
    • By elona 14th Mar 05, 4:57 PM
    • 10,160 Posts
    • 49,186 Thanks
    elona
    • 14th Mar 05, 4:57 PM
    • 14th Mar 05, 4:57 PM
    I think that the postage goes on the weight of the package so if you ask what the charges are for different weights then you could work it out from there.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • kingshir
    • 14th Mar 05, 5:00 PM
    • 14th Mar 05, 5:00 PM
    Thanks for responding Elona.
    • SnowyOwl
    • By SnowyOwl 14th Mar 05, 6:14 PM
    • 5,098 Posts
    • 14,774 Thanks
    SnowyOwl
    • 14th Mar 05, 6:14 PM
    • 14th Mar 05, 6:14 PM
    Hi there

I get quite a few bits and pieces from GB through the mail, prices don't seem too exhorbitant!

If you have a look at www.royalmail.com there are sections on there which cover sending parcels. Over a certain weight it'll go by ParcelForce (the same as Royal Mail only different :rolleyes: ), or if smaller, lighter packets then 2nd class would be the cheapest. I think usually it's more economical to send one big parcel rather than a number of smaller ones.

HTH

SnowyOwl

• Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 14th Mar 05, 6:31 PM
    • 36,224 Posts
    • 32,390 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 14th Mar 05, 6:31 PM
    • 14th Mar 05, 6:31 PM
    You will sometimes find that the PO are more helpful if you take in a parcel and ask about the cheapest way to send it. But then again, some POs are a lot more friendly and helpful than others, so sometimes it pays to find a good one and go there if it's not too difficult! Although sometimes just finding one which hasn't been shut is hard enough!
    I'm a Board Guide on the Cutting Tax; Charities; Small Biz & Charity Organisers; and Silver Savers boards, which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. However, do remember, Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts.

Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com

New to the Forum? Why not watch the Guide?

Still knitting! Aiming to finish this cardigan before I get my bus pass!
    • arkonite_babe
    • By arkonite_babe 18th Mar 05, 11:57 PM
    • 7,256 Posts
    • 8,306 Thanks
    arkonite_babe
    • 18th Mar 05, 11:57 PM
    • 18th Mar 05, 11:57 PM
    For goodness sake, whatever you do, don't send your parcel with a mainland courier to hand over to Famac! They are so bad, your recipients will be lucky if the parcels arrive in 6 weeks! To give you an idea of user dissatisfaction, have a look at THIS THREAD
  • doelani
    • 19th Mar 05, 8:33 AM
    • 19th Mar 05, 8:33 AM
    send them through royal mail, no different to sending from say london to scotland . Northern Ireland is still withing the UK. I send parcels from N Ireland to England all the time as I am selling a lot on ebay and prices for postage can be found on www.postoffice.co.uk
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,632Posts Today

7,040Users online

Martin's Twitter