Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ebe Scrooge
    • By Ebe Scrooge 30th Nov 11, 9:09 AM
    • 3,037Posts
    • 2,411Thanks
    Ebe Scrooge
    OnePoll
    • 30th Nov 11, 9:09 AM
    OnePoll 30th Nov 11 at 9:09 AM
    Those of you who are a member of OnePoll have probably noticed that as you approach the £40 payout threshold, surveys seem to mysteriously become rather thin on the ground. Yesterday I've had proof that this is deliberate. I was on £38.90, logged on and there were 6 surveys waiting for me. "Great", I thought, "Maybe I'll hit £40 by the end of today". I did the first survey for 20p ( which took my balance to £39.10 ), returned to the home screen and all the remaining surveys had suddenly disappeared !

Now, I realise that this is free money, and OnePoll are one of the better paying survey sites, so I guess we shouldn't really complain. But does anyone else think these are rather underhand tactics ?
Page 2
    • jaygray
    • By jaygray 9th Dec 11, 3:11 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    jaygray
    I realise this might not be the right place to post this entry, but - on the subject of 'dubious practices'...

I finally got to the £40 payout and requested payment on 14th November. In the past, I have always received the £40 within just a few days. I'm now at 25 days after my request, and am a bit concerned. Has anyone else noticed them being very slow to pay at the moment?

Thanks.
    A million thanks to everyone who posts
  • OnePoll Admin
    Payment
    Hi there - we strive to make £40 payments as soon as possible and we state clearly on payment confirmation e-mails that payment can take 'up to 28 days'.

Whilst we always try to pay our panelists as soon as possible, please allow up to 28 days.

With thanks,
    OnePoll
    • jaygray
    • By jaygray 9th Dec 11, 3:31 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    jaygray
    Thanks for your response. I now have my fingers crossed that I will receive my payment by the end of next Monday, which will be the full 28 days since my request.
  • sambucaman
    I've always been a bit dubious about these payment scheme, topic makes interesting reading, things to be aware of when starting. Thanks guys.
    • miamoo
    • By miamoo 9th Dec 11, 6:13 PM
    • 1,652 Posts
    • 2,174 Thanks
    miamoo
    Just a quick update, I received 3 surveys in the last couple of hours and have now hit the £40 mark, so have claimed my money via bank transfer YAY! I think it said allow upto 28days, so I'll pop back and let you know how I get on
    For any new users, I find onepoll to be one of the best survey site, and I do a few. I know the surveys are low paid, but they are quick, easy and I hardly ever get screened out of them like other sites. I generally do find them interesting aswell
    £100 - £10,000
    • elliesmemory1
    • By elliesmemory1 10th Dec 11, 9:10 AM
    • 1,118 Posts
    • 673 Thanks
    elliesmemory1
    Hi there - we strive to make £40 payments as soon as possible and we state clearly on payment confirmation e-mails that payment can take 'up to 28 days'.

Whilst we always try to pay our panelists as soon as possible, please allow up to 28 days.

With thanks,
    OnePoll
    Originally posted by OnePoll Admin

Hello, Nice to see someone from one poll on here at last!!
    Maybe you could answer a couple of questions please.

First why is that once you get to £39 the surveys almost stop and it can take weeks to get to payout when before getting close to payout limit there are several surveys every day, once you get to last pound or so you get hardley any?

Have you a date for payout cut off ie a set date when you stop payouts for that month? I ask this as it seems some people get paid within days yet others wait a month?

Why do you never reply to emails?

Also I have heard recently that one poll has cash flow problems, if this is not true with holding payment for as long as possible etc will only encourage the rumors a d make people wary of doing surveys.
    So come on one poll get your act together!! you used to be so much better than this.

Thanks it would be really good if you can answer these questions please.
    Last edited by elliesmemory1; 10-12-2011 at 10:26 AM.
    • geordie joe
    • By geordie joe 12th Dec 11, 3:05 PM
    • 8,399 Posts
    • 8,454 Thanks
    geordie joe
    First why is that once you get to £39 the surveys almost stop and it can take weeks to get to payout when before getting close to payout limit there are several surveys every day, once you get to last pound or so you get hardley any?
    Originally posted by Hardupandfedup
    I had £38.80 on Thursady night, at the end of Friday I had £39.95. I was a bit disappointed as I got screened out of a 10p one just when I was sure I was going to hit the £40 mark.

Did a 10p one today and claimed my £40 with no problems.

There was no slow down of surveys for me.
  • woohoo_postingid
    Also, what's the score with the iPhone app ? Any plans to actually use it at any point ??
    • elliesmemory1
    • By elliesmemory1 12th Dec 11, 5:26 PM
    • 1,118 Posts
    • 673 Thanks
    elliesmemory1
    I had £38.80 on Thursady night, at the end of Friday I had £39.95. I was a bit disappointed as I got screened out of a 10p one just when I was sure I was going to hit the £40 mark.

Did a 10p one today and claimed my £40 with no problems.

There was no slow down of surveys for me.
    Originally posted by geordie joe

You must be lucky then! if you read the one poll face book page there are loads of people all having the same problem.
    Also seems payment taking much longer now too.
    • geordie joe
    • By geordie joe 12th Dec 11, 5:56 PM
    • 8,399 Posts
    • 8,454 Thanks
    geordie joe
    You must be lucky then! if you read the one poll face book page there are loads of people all having the same problem.
    I did read the page, but didn't see "loads", very few actually, compared to the number of posters.
    • jaygray
    • By jaygray 12th Dec 11, 8:56 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    jaygray

With thanks,
    OnePoll
    Originally posted by OnePoll Admin
    Well, I waited for 'up to 28 days', but sadly it's 28 days and counting now. I'm really disappointed.
    • elliesmemory1
    • By elliesmemory1 13th Dec 11, 6:46 AM
    • 1,118 Posts
    • 673 Thanks
    elliesmemory1
    Was it bacs or paypal? I have heard paypal can take much longer.
    I got to my third payout 8 days ago, not payed yet.
    I didnt have to wait long for payout before and the surveys didnt stop when you get to 39 like they did this time.
    I hope things improve.
    • jaygray
    • By jaygray 13th Dec 11, 10:25 AM
    • 549 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    jaygray
    Was it bacs or paypal? I have heard paypal can take much longer.
    I got to my third payout 8 days ago, not payed yet.
    I didnt have to wait long for payout before and the surveys didnt stop when you get to 39 like they did this time.
    I hope things improve.
    It was paypal, which is what I always request, and in the past it has only taken about three to five days to receive my payment. I had an email from OnePoll this morning to tell me that they are experiencing problems with making payments because they have had so many new members recently, that they are working through the backlog, and will try to get the payments made as quickly as they can. Sorry, OnePoll, but this simply isn't good enough.
    • elliesmemory1
    • By elliesmemory1 14th Dec 11, 6:52 AM
    • 1,118 Posts
    • 673 Thanks
    elliesmemory1
    They seem to have a very odd way of paying people, on their face book page it seems some people are getting paid within a couple of days, but a lot more are waiting a month or more.
    Im still waiting after nearly two weeks.
    Dont know whats going on with them, no reply from emails or one poll peson on here either.
    • jaygray
    • By jaygray 14th Dec 11, 9:18 AM
    • 549 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    jaygray
    They seem to have a very odd way of paying people, on their face book page it seems some people are getting paid within a couple of days, but a lot more are waiting a month or more.
    Im still waiting after nearly two weeks.
    Dont know whats going on with them, no reply from emails or one poll peson on here either.
    Have you tried emailing them via members@onepoll.com? I did, and got a fairly standard reply, but persevered and finally got paid yesterday.
    • elliesmemory1
    • By elliesmemory1 15th Dec 11, 4:06 PM
    • 1,118 Posts
    • 673 Thanks
    elliesmemory1
    thanks ive emailed them and had same reply as you did by the sound of it, still no payment from them. Dont know whats going on with them but it puts me off doing any more surveys untill i know I will get paid for for all the time and effort.
    • jaygray
    • By jaygray 15th Dec 11, 8:57 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    jaygray
    thanks ive emailed them and had same reply as you did by the sound of it, still no payment from them. Dont know whats going on with them but it puts me off doing any more surveys untill i know I will get paid for for all the time and effort.
    I know how you feel - even though I've been paid now, and had already started building up a new balance, I really don't feel like filling out any more of their surveys until I hear some positive news about the way things are going with them. It's such a shame, because in the past I've always found them to be very reliable.
    • miamoo
    • By miamoo 15th Dec 11, 9:06 PM
    • 1,652 Posts
    • 2,174 Thanks
    miamoo
    To be fair to One poll, it does say on the website that payment takes 28 days, I know you said it used to be a couple of days, but there sucess has obviously made that impossible now. I would wait the 28days, and if you dont hear anything by then, message them. I applied for my cash back earlier this week, so I'm expecting it last week in January, if I get it any earlier then its a bonus
    £100 - £10,000
    • elliesmemory1
    • By elliesmemory1 16th Dec 11, 8:13 AM
    • 1,118 Posts
    • 673 Thanks
    elliesmemory1
    To be fair to One poll, it does say on the website that payment takes 28 days, I know you said it used to be a couple of days, but there sucess has obviously made that impossible now. I would wait the 28days, and if you dont hear anything by then, message them. I applied for my cash back earlier this week, so I'm expecting it last week in January, if I get it any earlier then its a bonus
    Originally posted by miamoo

yes I do understand that they say it can take up to 28 days. my issues are that the surveys almost stop when you get near payout. They didnt do that before.
    Also when you read the one poll facebook page there are people that are beig paid within a few days and yet others that are waiting for over a month. hows that work?
    another thing is that they rarely answer emails and when they do the are just waffle, not really answerig anything.
    Also the competition surverys, winners have not been updated since the summer and no one seems to win them.
    It does take a long time to reach payout with them, the least they can do is play fair to people that bother. After all without people filling in their surveys they have no business
  • palmersperry
    I honestly don't think they do ... And that's not just a feeling, because I've plotted a graph of my OnePoll balance against time and it doesn't flatten out when my balance has gotten close to £40. It's not a straight linear line from £0 to £40 obviously, but there's no step change in gradient near £40 either.

Of course, there are times when OnePoll has fewer surveys than it does at other times and also times when OnePoll has plenty of surveys for which you don't qualify. If either of these was to coincide with your balance being close to £40 then that could affect your perception.

... and perception is what it is for most people IMHO. They don't really pay attention to their balance until it gets close to £40, and then it seems like it's taking ages to get to £40. "A watched kettle never boils" and such like.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,786Posts Today

5,426Users online

Martin's Twitter