IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
OnePoll
Views: 11,320
# 21
jaygray
Old 09-12-2011, 3:11 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I realise this might not be the right place to post this entry, but - on the subject of 'dubious practices'...

I finally got to the 40 payout and requested payment on 14th November. In the past, I have always received the 40 within just a few days. I'm now at 25 days after my request, and am a bit concerned. Has anyone else noticed them being very slow to pay at the moment?

Thanks.
A million thanks to everyone who posts
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 22
OnePoll Admin
Old 09-12-2011, 3:21 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Payment

Hi there - we strive to make 40 payments as soon as possible and we state clearly on payment confirmation e-mails that payment can take 'up to 28 days'.

Whilst we always try to pay our panelists as soon as possible, please allow up to 28 days.

With thanks,
OnePoll
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OnePoll Admin For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 23
jaygray
Old 09-12-2011, 3:31 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Thanks for your response. I now have my fingers crossed that I will receive my payment by the end of next Monday, which will be the full 28 days since my request.
# 24
sambucaman
Old 09-12-2011, 4:14 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I've always been a bit dubious about these payment scheme, topic makes interesting reading, things to be aware of when starting. Thanks guys.
# 25
miamoo
Old 09-12-2011, 6:13 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Just a quick update, I received 3 surveys in the last couple of hours and have now hit the 40 mark, so have claimed my money via bank transfer YAY! I think it said allow upto 28days, so I'll pop back and let you know how I get on
For any new users, I find onepoll to be one of the best survey site, and I do a few. I know the surveys are low paid, but they are quick, easy and I hardly ever get screened out of them like other sites. I generally do find them interesting aswell
100 - 10,000
# 26
Hardupandfedup
Old 10-12-2011, 9:10 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePoll Admin View Post
Hi there - we strive to make 40 payments as soon as possible and we state clearly on payment confirmation e-mails that payment can take 'up to 28 days'.

Whilst we always try to pay our panelists as soon as possible, please allow up to 28 days.

With thanks,
OnePoll

Hello, Nice to see someone from one poll on here at last!!
Maybe you could answer a couple of questions please.

First why is that once you get to 39 the surveys almost stop and it can take weeks to get to payout when before getting close to payout limit there are several surveys every day, once you get to last pound or so you get hardley any?

Have you a date for payout cut off ie a set date when you stop payouts for that month? I ask this as it seems some people get paid within days yet others wait a month?

Why do you never reply to emails?

Also I have heard recently that one poll has cash flow problems, if this is not true with holding payment for as long as possible etc will only encourage the rumors a d make people wary of doing surveys.
So come on one poll get your act together!! you used to be so much better than this.

Thanks it would be really good if you can answer these questions please.

Last edited by Hardupandfedup; 10-12-2011 at 10:26 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hardupandfedup For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 27
geordie joe
Old 12-12-2011, 3:05 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardupandfedup View Post
First why is that once you get to 39 the surveys almost stop and it can take weeks to get to payout when before getting close to payout limit there are several surveys every day, once you get to last pound or so you get hardley any?
I had 38.80 on Thursady night, at the end of Friday I had 39.95. I was a bit disappointed as I got screened out of a 10p one just when I was sure I was going to hit the 40 mark.

Did a 10p one today and claimed my 40 with no problems.

There was no slow down of surveys for me.
# 28
woohoo_postingid
Old 12-12-2011, 3:10 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Also, what's the score with the iPhone app ? Any plans to actually use it at any point ??
# 29
Hardupandfedup
Old 12-12-2011, 5:26 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordie joe View Post
I had 38.80 on Thursady night, at the end of Friday I had 39.95. I was a bit disappointed as I got screened out of a 10p one just when I was sure I was going to hit the 40 mark.

Did a 10p one today and claimed my 40 with no problems.

There was no slow down of surveys for me.

You must be lucky then! if you read the one poll face book page there are loads of people all having the same problem.
Also seems payment taking much longer now too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hardupandfedup For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 30
geordie joe
Old 12-12-2011, 5:56 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
You must be lucky then! if you read the one poll face book page there are loads of people all having the same problem.
I did read the page, but didn't see "loads", very few actually, compared to the number of posters.
# 31
jaygray
Old 12-12-2011, 8:56 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePoll Admin View Post

With thanks,
OnePoll
Well, I waited for 'up to 28 days', but sadly it's 28 days and counting now. I'm really disappointed.
# 32
Hardupandfedup
Old 13-12-2011, 6:46 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Was it bacs or paypal? I have heard paypal can take much longer.
I got to my third payout 8 days ago, not payed yet.
I didnt have to wait long for payout before and the surveys didnt stop when you get to 39 like they did this time.
I hope things improve.
# 33
jaygray
Old 13-12-2011, 10:25 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Was it bacs or paypal? I have heard paypal can take much longer.
I got to my third payout 8 days ago, not payed yet.
I didnt have to wait long for payout before and the surveys didnt stop when you get to 39 like they did this time.
I hope things improve.
It was paypal, which is what I always request, and in the past it has only taken about three to five days to receive my payment. I had an email from OnePoll this morning to tell me that they are experiencing problems with making payments because they have had so many new members recently, that they are working through the backlog, and will try to get the payments made as quickly as they can. Sorry, OnePoll, but this simply isn't good enough.
# 34
Hardupandfedup
Old 14-12-2011, 6:52 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

They seem to have a very odd way of paying people, on their face book page it seems some people are getting paid within a couple of days, but a lot more are waiting a month or more.
Im still waiting after nearly two weeks.
Dont know whats going on with them, no reply from emails or one poll peson on here either.
# 35
jaygray
Old 14-12-2011, 9:18 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
They seem to have a very odd way of paying people, on their face book page it seems some people are getting paid within a couple of days, but a lot more are waiting a month or more.
Im still waiting after nearly two weeks.
Dont know whats going on with them, no reply from emails or one poll peson on here either.
Have you tried emailing them via members@onepoll.com? I did, and got a fairly standard reply, but persevered and finally got paid yesterday.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaygray For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 36
Hardupandfedup
Old 15-12-2011, 4:06 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

thanks ive emailed them and had same reply as you did by the sound of it, still no payment from them. Dont know whats going on with them but it puts me off doing any more surveys untill i know I will get paid for for all the time and effort.
# 37
jaygray
Old 15-12-2011, 8:57 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
thanks ive emailed them and had same reply as you did by the sound of it, still no payment from them. Dont know whats going on with them but it puts me off doing any more surveys untill i know I will get paid for for all the time and effort.
I know how you feel - even though I've been paid now, and had already started building up a new balance, I really don't feel like filling out any more of their surveys until I hear some positive news about the way things are going with them. It's such a shame, because in the past I've always found them to be very reliable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaygray For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 38
miamoo
Old 15-12-2011, 9:06 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

To be fair to One poll, it does say on the website that payment takes 28 days, I know you said it used to be a couple of days, but there sucess has obviously made that impossible now. I would wait the 28days, and if you dont hear anything by then, message them. I applied for my cash back earlier this week, so I'm expecting it last week in January, if I get it any earlier then its a bonus
100 - 10,000
# 39
Hardupandfedup
Old 16-12-2011, 8:13 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamoo View Post
To be fair to One poll, it does say on the website that payment takes 28 days, I know you said it used to be a couple of days, but there sucess has obviously made that impossible now. I would wait the 28days, and if you dont hear anything by then, message them. I applied for my cash back earlier this week, so I'm expecting it last week in January, if I get it any earlier then its a bonus

yes I do understand that they say it can take up to 28 days. my issues are that the surveys almost stop when you get near payout. They didnt do that before.
Also when you read the one poll facebook page there are people that are beig paid within a few days and yet others that are waiting for over a month. hows that work?
another thing is that they rarely answer emails and when they do the are just waffle, not really answerig anything.
Also the competition surverys, winners have not been updated since the summer and no one seems to win them.
It does take a long time to reach payout with them, the least they can do is play fair to people that bother. After all without people filling in their surveys they have no business
# 40
palmersperry
Old 18-12-2011, 2:51 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
I honestly don't think they do ... And that's not just a feeling, because I've plotted a graph of my OnePoll balance against time and it doesn't flatten out when my balance has gotten close to 40. It's not a straight linear line from 0 to 40 obviously, but there's no step change in gradient near 40 either.

Of course, there are times when OnePoll has fewer surveys than it does at other times and also times when OnePoll has plenty of surveys for which you don't qualify. If either of these was to coincide with your balance being close to 40 then that could affect your perception.

... and perception is what it is for most people IMHO. They don't really pay attention to their balance until it gets close to 40, and then it seems like it's taking ages to get to 40. "A watched kettle never boils" and such like.