Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cruzy
    • By Cruzy 29th Nov 11, 2:17 PM
    • 63Posts
    • 671Thanks
    Cruzy
    0 WOW
    Alba Science Home Testing New Trial
    • 29th Nov 11, 2:17 PM
    0 WOW
    Alba Science Home Testing New Trial 29th Nov 11 at 2:17 PM
    MoneySavingExpert.com Insert

Alba is discussed in our Product testing panels guide. Read about others in there too.

Back to the original post..

---------

Just received this email;

Dear Home Tester,

We are currently recruiting female volunteers, aged between 18 and 60 who have dry skin to test a Body Butter Moisturiser Product for 2 weeks.
    If you would like to find out more about this study, or would like to apply to take part, please visit our application form (sorry can't post link as am new user)

This study is limited to the first 130 successful applicants.

Best regards,

The Alba Home Testing Team
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 14-06-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Page 9
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 14th Feb 16, 12:21 PM
    • 7,277 Posts
    • 10,711 Thanks
    surfsister
    I was paid a tener once for a trial they were in a hurry for!
    • gingaldo
    • By gingaldo 26th Feb 16, 11:06 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    gingaldo
    Just received another email regarding a new home trial (unable to post URLs, so have removed this below):

Dear Volunteer,

We have new home user trials that we are currently recruiting for.

The trials are using hair products for 2 Weeks.

We need to recruit onto the following trials:

!!!8226; Bamboo Oil Strengthening Hair Product Range
    !!!8226; Charcoal Hair Product Range
    !!!8226; Kalahari Melon Hair Product Range

We are looking for subjects who fit into the following criteria:

!!!8226; Females
    !!!8226; Ages 18-40
    !!!8226; Have frizzy hair
    !!!8226; Have unmanageable hair
    !!!8226; Some trials require colour treated hair

If you are interested please Click Here to visit our website and apply for trials.

We hope that you enjoy trialling products with Alba Science. We are always looking for new volunteers to take part in our studies. If you know anyone who would be interested in volunteering with Alba Science please ask them to register their details using the link below.

URL Removed

Kind Regards

Home Testing Team
    Last edited by gingaldo; 26-02-2016 at 11:11 AM.
    • DizeyM
    • By DizeyM 29th Mar 16, 2:03 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    DizeyM
    Refer a Friend
    Just received this email.. As well as getting to trial new products, you can also win a voucher with the refer a friend scheme.

(New user so link had to be removed, but I've checked and it's on the Alba Volunteers website)

Thank you for your continued interest in our trials and we appreciate your continued participating in our trials.

As you may be aware Alba Science Home Testing throughout the year run a series of competitions to give our loyal volunteers the chance to receive a gift/prize in our prize draws or refer a friend draws.

We ran a prize draw throughout January 2016 to celebrate our 10th Birthday. We again are running a refer a friend draw please see the details below:

Throughout the year we will be looking to increase our panel and on this particular occasion are offering a chance to be entered into a prize draw when you refer a friend to take part in Alba Science’s home user trials. We are looking on this occasion specifically for Females aged 18-25 years old. Every person who refers someone within this category will be entered into our prize draw along with the newly registered volunteer. The more people that you refer the better chance of winning! We have 3 pairs of £20 Amazon Vouchers up for grab, £20 for you and £20 for the volunteer you refer. The draw will be made at the end of April 2016. Please ask your friends to register via the below link only, at the end of the questionnaire they will be asked to enter your full name, email address and telephone number.

We are always looking for more people to join our panel so if you know anyone irrelevant of age or gender who may be interested in taking part please also forward on the link below (please note no refer prize is being offered for anyone who is not female ages 18-25):

We hope that you enjoy trialling products with Alba Science. We are always looking for new volunteers to take part in our studies. If you know anyone who would be interested in volunteering with Alba Science please ask them to register their details using the link below.

Thank you for your registration.

Home Testing Team
    • BIG MOC
    • By BIG MOC 14th Sep 16, 1:17 AM
    • 540 Posts
    • 7,746 Thanks
    BIG MOC
    Hi

Is anyone doing the body scrub?
    Green scrub with a beigey lid. Have you worked out what it is yet?

Hope so
    Pobody's-Nerfect
    • Tia192
    • By Tia192 20th Jan 18, 8:39 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tia192
    Hi I would like to take part in this please
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 20th Jan 18, 8:57 PM
    • 12,906 Posts
    • 40,765 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Hi I would like to take part in this please
    Originally posted by Tia192
    You need to click the link in post 2 and apply.

Welcome to MSE
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • theediscerning
    • By theediscerning 7th Feb 18, 3:05 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    theediscerning
    I would ask anybody thinking of joining Alba to seriously think again, based on our experience.

We had something as innocuous as loo roll to test - four rolls of Andrex, that were of two slightly different kinds, to trial for a week each. I'll ignore all the facts about the invites to submit our data coming after 9 days and not 14, so you panic as you don't have the data and worry about missing the deadline, it's what happened afterwards that worried us.

Basically, one of the rolls blocked our loo.

Har-hardy-har, you think, except my partner is of an age and a slightly limited mobility that she NEEDS an upstairs loo to be working 24/7, so we had to have an emergency plumber out, who took our £90 and said yes, posh quilted loo roll is notorious for blocking things up.

We went to Alba. And their response? "Um, yes, we looked at your case, but Andrex is on the market (even ones under test??!!) and as you were the only one complaining we won't refund you."

I might be losing all rights to stay with Alba by posting this, but in five years we had the glory of shower gel that smelled of Dettol, eye-bag remover from Primark, and Andrex that put us £90 out of pocket. But it's their comment that hit us hardest.

Just think of those words when you put some make-up near your eyes, and you're the only one it affects...
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 7th Feb 18, 9:44 PM
    • 1,723 Posts
    • 665 Thanks
    paul2louise
    I remember testing some loo rolls too that were very thick. As my son likes to use a lot of paper i made sure that i only tried it in our upstairs bathroom which he is less likely to use. I have had a few occasions where our downstairs loo gets blocked but i have been able to unblock it. Very unfortunate for you and yes thats not a very sympathetic reply. Do they have a facebook page. I find that posting on facebook gets a better repsonse.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,045Posts Today

9,129Users online

Martin's Twitter