IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Delivery rights: Tesco
Views: 9,575
# 1
Former MSE Rose
Old 25-11-2011, 5:04 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Delivery rights: Tesco

Hi all, this discussion thread's part of the Delivery Rights guide, specifically for if you've complained to Tesco about delivery problems using the techniques in the guide.

Please tell us how you got on - we want to know if you were awarded any compensation from Tesco, and if so, how much? Just let us know the amount and reason below; to add more general feedback on the guide, pop over to the main Delivery Rights discussion thread.

Thanks
for your help,

MSE Rose

Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
dilly1234
Old 19-12-2011, 10:34 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Well well well. I'm having a real problem with Tesco "Indirect". Basically, ordered wine for my son's 21st - didn't arrive on time. Phoned Tesco, they said they'd tried to deliver but couldn't find the address! (They could have phoned ebay, amazon, debenhams, cath Kidston - they've all managed to find me) Tried to ring to cancel order - left hanging on phone for 20 mins and gave up. Order arrived 3 days too late, driver showed me the address he'd been given, it was incomplete, even tho i'd given full adress, directions and mobile number. Sent him away with the wine, complained on twitter, was promised a refund, only got one third of money back,(do they think every little helps?) now they don't answer phone or emails. Wouldn't use Tesco Direct again if they were the last store on earth. Where is my full refund I wonder? Utterly dissatisfied.
# 3
jamesp1
Old 28-12-2011, 4:16 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

can eny 1 advise me a placed order from tesco 7th 0ctober to be delivered at 9pm 10pm a was called from driver that the van had broken down and he was 2hundred yards away could i come get order i was away so girlfriend and 2 sons at house 1 and 6 so no way she was leaving them a told him this a asked well could u get it still when replacment van comes for you he said no he finished at 10pm so fine was that then had a call from tesco to say driver broken down a said yes i know drivers called they said they would deliver 1st thing in morning a said no just cancel this a was not wanting goods just and same goods given to me in morning so they still take cash out my account now this is 2 months still no refund all a get is we are trying to contact u can u send bank statments why should i need to send statment surely they have all this on record??
# 4
BoGoF
Old 28-12-2011, 4:18 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesp1 View Post
can eny 1 advise me a placed order from tesco 7th 0ctober to be delivered at 9pm 10pm a was called from driver that the van had broken down and he was 2hundred yards away could i come get order i was away so girlfriend and 2 sons at house 1 and 6 so no way she was leaving them a told him this a asked well could u get it still when replacment van comes for you he said no he finished at 10pm so fine was that then had a call from tesco to say driver broken down a said yes i know drivers called they said they would deliver 1st thing in morning a said no just cancel this a was not wanting goods just and same goods given to me in morning so they still take cash out my account now this is 2 months still no refund all a get is we are trying to contact u can u send bank statments why should i need to send statment surely they have all this on record??
Well said..............lose the text speak and people might make an effort to read it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BoGoF For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
wealdroam
Old 28-12-2011, 4:33 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Jamesp1, have you noticed your fullstop and shift keys are not working?

Would be easier to read if you could get round that somehow.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wealdroam For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
arcon5
Old 28-12-2011, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilly1234 View Post
Well well well. I'm having a real problem with Tesco "Indirect". Basically, ordered wine for my son's 21st - didn't arrive on time. Phoned Tesco, they said they'd tried to deliver but couldn't find the address! (They could have phoned ebay, amazon, debenhams, cath Kidston - they've all managed to find me) .
Why would Tesco phone other companies to get details of your address and how would they know who you have previously purchased from

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilly1234 View Post
Tried to ring to cancel order - left hanging on phone for 20 mins and gave up. Order arrived 3 days too late, driver showed me the address he'd been given, it was incomplete, even tho i'd given full adress, directions and mobile number. Sent him away with the wine, complained on twitter, was promised a refund, only got one third of money back,(do they think every little helps?) now they don't answer phone or emails. Wouldn't use Tesco Direct again if they were the last store on earth. Where is my full refund I wonder? Utterly dissatisfied.
So you didn't actually cancel the order? Just rejected delivery. They are entitled to make a deduction to cover their direct costs of returning the goods to them. What amount have they not refunded?

Straight forward case of an order delayed in transit due to an issue with the address, not a biggie/
The Following User Says Thank You to arcon5 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
arcon5
Old 28-12-2011, 8:32 PM

Quote:
can anybody advise me, I placed an order with Tesco 7th 0ctober to be delivered at 9pm-10pm, I was called from the driver, the van had broken down and he was 2hundred yards away could i come get order.

Iwas away so girlfriend and 2 sons at house 1 and 6 so no way she was leaving them a told him this a asked well could u get it still when replacment van comes for you he said no he finished at 10pm, so fine was that then had a call from tesco to say driver broken down a said yes i know drivers called they said they would deliver 1st thing in morning a said no just cancel this a was not wanting goods just and same goods given to me in morning so they still take cash out my account now this is 2 months still no refund all a get is we are trying to contact u can u send bank statments why should i need to send statment surely they have all this on record??
The payment would have been taken the same day the goods were to be delivered, not after the vehicle broke down.

Send them a bank statement as they obviously cannot find the payment. Surely that would be one step closer to resolving it?

Or look into the chargeback system most debit cards have to recover money.
# 8
maggimae
Old 19-01-2012, 8:50 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default tesco

Im so fed up with tesco home deliveries cancelling my orders, this is 3rd time since mid december. But my bank account isnt re-credited for 4 working days!! so I have basically paid for shopping I dont have. No more I say! Its time now for this to be brought to the attention of people who supposedly run Tesco.Im sick of being fobbed off.
# 9
Moneysava_wannaB
Old 07-04-2012, 12:20 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Thanks!

Used template letter to complain after failed delivery and got a 20 gift card.

also got 5 delivery charge refunded and 15 refund for small amout of damage to one item.
# 10
noonkey
Old 15-05-2012, 5:08 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile

Quote:
It's the same with most places... DPA most places can only keep details on the account up to 6 weeks. Even the order dates will be taken off.
# 11
noonkey
Old 15-05-2012, 5:14 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggimae View Post
Im so fed up with tesco home deliveries cancelling my orders, this is 3rd time since mid december. But my bank account isnt re-credited for 4 working days!! so I have basically paid for shopping I dont have. No more I say! Its time now for this to be brought to the attention of people who supposedly run Tesco.Im sick of being fobbed off.
I know it's a pain I've had two cancelled. But with mine they had system issues and a break down (not sure what yours was) . When I called up, they did point out the t&c we sign up to when clicking confirm order that anything out of theire control they can't garuntee the order.
The payment I also found out is the actuall banks the refund is done straight away and it then takes 3-5 working days to go in to the bank (spoke to my bank and they confirmed )

Hope you don't have any other problems x
# 12
wealdroam
Old 15-05-2012, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonkey View Post
It's the same with most places... DPA most places can only keep details on the account up to 6 weeks. Even the order dates will be taken off.
Data Protection Act allows for data to be kept as long as is necessary.
# 13
sgtbush
Old 16-05-2012, 11:05 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:

AND BREATH!!!!!!!!!
# 14
ellay864
Old 17-05-2012, 11:52 PM

I've been lucky with my problems! Each time I've had my text it's confirmed I'd get my delivery in the first hour of the 2 hour slot I booked. On 3 occasions it came early - I was at home but working and had to break off teleconferences to take the delivery. I rung them about it, they refunded my delivery charge and gave me additional voucher to use off my next shop. They also did assure me that if I'd actually been out when the driver arrived early, he would have waited...not planning on putting that to the test if I can help it though!
Married 15 Oct 2011 at Chester Zoo

Caution...weight loss in progress. May cause mood swings!!
# 15
avfc2k
Old 20-04-2013, 12:14 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default del slots

i work as a delivery driver for dot.com and we have the 2 hour del slots but we also have a time slot within the 2 hours . if early we are supposed to wait . personally i always wait and if im within time slot and theres no answer i will ring house phone and or mobile number but remember we have timed deliveries and cannot wait for long 5 mins after del was due would make us late for every other delivery after that.
and for the driver who was 200 yards away it would not have killed him to walk with his barrow to do the delivery if he was stuck there broken down anyway .
we drivers always get in in the neck for delivery problems even if they are sometimes of the customers making.you wouldnt believe some of the addresses and delivery notes customers put on their orders .
there are bad drivers who make things hard and awkward for us good drivers .personally i have never missed a delivery unless customer wasnt in even when snow was down i managed all orders.
# 16
Valli
Old 20-04-2013, 12:20 PM

Location: In a little cloud of optimism, playing the 'Glad Game' - Feel free to join in!

*finds it somewhat amusing that a delivery driver has responded to some of the issues raised in the thread - almost 11 months after the last post therein!*
Make two - and freeze one!
Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!

Roadkill Rebel #97 - April 10p May 5p June 25p July 5 Euro note and then some!
# 17
Money-Saving-King
Old 20-04-2013, 1:00 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valli View Post
*finds it somewhat amusing that a delivery driver has responded to some of the issues raised in the thread - almost 11 months after the last post therein!*
I don't. He's just either typed something in on Google and this has come up or did a similar thing with forum search.