Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Strapped
    "Complete Savings" scheme
    • 19th Nov 11, 11:39 PM
    "Complete Savings" scheme 19th Nov 11 at 11:39 PM
    I just purchased something from TheHut.com and was then asked whether I wanted to join the "Complete Savings" scheme. I've never heard of them before.

So claim all your Complete Savings benefits... plus get your £15 cash back voucher! To get your £15 cash back voucher just make a purchase at thehut.com in the next 3 months. See full instructions on the next page to redeem your voucher and how to access your site and start saving today! Plus we'll send your Membership Pack email to you at your email address. Try all the benefits for the next 30 days FREE and see how much you save! There's no obligation to continue. If you are completely satisfied, do nothing and you'll be able to enjoy ongoing savings for only £10 a month and of course you have our Guarantee as described in the Offer and Billing Details! Retailers and discounts are updated often, so visit the Complete Savings website regularly to get the most out of your membership. You can save up to £100 every month!
    It also says in the fine print that Complete Savings is owned and operated by the Webloyalty group of companies.

I was briefly tempted to do the sign up and cancel before the 30 days is up, but reading the fine print, it seems a faff to actually claim the cash back (sending off a sales receipt) and so like most cash back schemes, doubtful as to whether you actually get the cash back. So I decided not to risk it, as sometimes these things can be difficult to cancel and enough people already have my card details!

Has anyone else heard of this scheme? Reading t'internet they seem to have some bad press, but it is mostly in the States. Scam? Genuine cashback scheme?

MoneySavingExpert.com insert

Complete Savings is part of the Webloyalty group. See our previous news story that relates to other companies in the group:

Beware costly subscriptions when shopping online
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 14-02-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
Page 10
    • stemcgoo
    • By stemcgoo 28th Sep 17, 6:44 AM
    • 73 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    stemcgoo
    Out of curiosity - how would your cashback compare if you, say, used TopCashBack (which is free)?
    Originally posted by stevenhp1987
    I am signed up to TCB and Quidco too, so i pick and choose which site i use for referrals based on best %, so my Complete savings are in addition to TCB and Quidco.

TCB/Quidco tend to be better with Insurance/Utilities/Mobiles/Broadband/betting shops type contract referrals as they operate cash levels based on switching contracts, but on shopping their cashback is usually a lot lower, 1-4% while Complete Savings are consistently at 10% cashback. Its a big difference for a holiday booking or say a new TV or Fridge from Currys or Argos. Quidco also does the in-store cashback and ClickSnap for supermarkets which is worthwile.

Another issue is failed cashback, TCB and Quidco decline more than they approve, usual BS that ‘the retailer has not paid them’ and they dont fight for you the customer. I rarely have declined cashback with CS.
    To put that in context in the last 12 months these are my cashbacks by site. I think quidco/tcb as sole options would have meant me having about a tenth of this and that doesnt include the 20% giftcard saving every month.

ShopperDiscountsandRewards/Complete Savimgs
    £558.67
    Topcashback
    £91.84 (£70 was Ladbrokes rewards for signing up ahead of the Grand National)
    Quidco
    Confirmed £8.24, £60 still pending since July (insurance) and £21.59 of declined cashback
    • durgaprasadzone
    • By durgaprasadzone 12th Oct 17, 5:36 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    durgaprasadzone
    thanks infi
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

314Posts Today

3,846Users online

Martin's Twitter