Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MikeR71
    • By MikeR71 19th Nov 11, 8:37 AM
    • 3,706Posts
    • 4,366Thanks
    MikeR71
    Appen Butler-Hill
    • 19th Nov 11, 8:37 AM
    Appen Butler-Hill 19th Nov 11 at 8:37 AM
    A while back I signed up to Butler Hill for possible internet work with them. They have just contacted me with an offer for crowd-sourcing job and want my details including bank details for the HR department.

I know I signed up and all that but my question is is this safe? Shall I give them my details? Has anyone any experience with them?

Thanks
Page 63
    • pliusas
    • By pliusas 27th Feb 16, 12:55 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    pliusas
    wow, lucky u! Probably the need new people, I didnt get any invitation
    • sillymeme
    • By sillymeme 28th Feb 16, 7:39 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 86 Thanks
    sillymeme
    I've been offered a job today. Not sure if I can manage 4 hours a day Mon-Fri though. Was hoping I could do some of it at weekends.
    Originally posted by stueybuk
    I work on a project described as 4hr per day (M-F), but do do work at weekend. Project im on is far more flexible than first one i applied to, so might be worth checking if theres flexibility in the hours (mine has a daily range, and weekend can be used to get total hours in). If youre still undecided and want to PM me the project I can tell you if its either of the two i know anything about!

Hi

Just wondered if anyone else is still working with Appen in the GB market at the moment and if maybe your in the same project as me?

Might be best to PM due to the NDA.

Thanks
    Originally posted by katrina72
    I work in GB.......though its now several weeks after you asked so probably too late to help!
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 1st Aug 17, 2:39 PM
    • 395 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    MallRat
    Just to let everyone know that Appen are currently recruiting for a one-off phone conversation task paying £45. You must be from England and have both a mobile and landline phone, and the task will take approx 2-3 hours of your time.

I had to post my main thread here due to the fact I'm acting as a referrer, so that's where you can see the full details.
    • leviatan_velvet
    • By leviatan_velvet 6th Sep 17, 9:30 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    leviatan_velvet
    Any insights about what is the social media evaluator position? Is it worth it?
    • wesleyad
    • By wesleyad 6th Sep 17, 12:21 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    wesleyad
    I've never done the social media project but have done 3 projects in the past and am currently 3 years into my 4th, and if anything like these then yes, it's definitely worth it if you have the time and if you manage to pass the screening. For most projects they pay in dollars so the Brexit has made a huge difference to an already good wage. I think they also have spots open for standard web search evaluation.
    • leviatan_velvet
    • By leviatan_velvet 6th Sep 17, 8:15 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    leviatan_velvet
    Thanks for your reply! The issue is that I´ve been working for 2 years as a standard web search evaluator for another company, so I think I´m unable to do this kind of project with Appen or one of the others. That´s the reason I´m looking for other positions
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 7th Sep 17, 5:36 PM
    • 395 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    MallRat
    The one-off phone project I mentioned a few posts ago still needs 180 participants. At this stage, you must be male, aged 18-30 and from the Midlands or South of England to take part. Payment is £45 for approx 2 hours work. This is a great task, but finding it very hard to recruit participants over on the Referrers board. Thread is here.

Also, if you're an UK Android user and would like to make an easy £9, could I also draw your attention to this thread? Not allowed to mention the name of the company running the task for some reason on this one, but the fact I've posted it here may give you a clue.
    Last edited by MallRat; 07-09-2017 at 5:43 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,337Posts Today

7,310Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin