Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Discount Codes 'n Vouchers > can you use other peoples' tesco vouchers?? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
can you use other peoples' tesco vouchers??
Closed Thread
Views: 5,685
# 1
WOW Factor 0
leachy
Old 28-01-2007, 7:31 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default can you use other peoples' tesco vouchers??

Is it possible to use other peoples vouchers, as I know a few people who get them and just use them against there food shop.THey are willing for me to give them the cash equivalent so I can use them on the deals.cheers for any help on this matter.
# 2
Deedee73
Old 28-01-2007, 7:57 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Send a message via AIM to Deedee73

Bumperoo, as I want to know this as well!
Sig ah Sig Ahhh

April GC £250/£208.92
May £250
# 3
Jakejakejake
Old 28-01-2007, 9:14 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Yes, if its a named points coupon then you can. But make sure you either give them your clubcard before they scan your shopping, or give them your keyfob one. This is so they don't check the name.

Jake
The Following User Says Thank You to Jakejakejake For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
weaver
Old 28-01-2007, 10:56 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leachy
Is it possible to use other peoples vouchers, as I know a few people who get them and just use them against there food shop.THey are willing for me to give them the cash equivalent so I can use them on the deals.cheers for any help on this matter.

If you are using them on deals the way to do this is -

Get the person to order the deal for you - as deals can only be send to the clubcard holder.
They give you the deal token & you pay them cash for the tokens.

sounds complex but its really easy

This is how it works if you buy them off ebay. You win the auction the buyer then sends for the deal you ask them for, and they post the actual deal tokens out to you.
Thanks to everyone who posts comps
# 5
zippybungle
Old 28-01-2007, 11:00 AM

Smile

You aren't supposed to, BUT...My DP has a different Clubcard (we have different surnames). When the Clubcard vouchers arrive I turn them into 'Deals' vouchers (on line) the Deals vouchers them arrive with MY name on.

Zippy x
Busy working Mum of 3
# 6
oliveoyl
Old 28-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

if you mean converting their clubcard points from the mailing statements, it depends. on some deals you can (restaurants), on some you can't - (holidays, airmiles), there'll be a thread on here somewhere.

also, they have to convert them for you - if you try to do it tesco can just cancel the vouchers and add the points back on to the original recipient's account.
# 7
zippybungle
Old 28-01-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver
If you are using them on deals the way to do this is -

Get the person to order the deal for you - as deals can only be send to the clubcard holder.
They give you the deal token & you pay them cash for the tokens.

sounds complex but its really easy

This is how it works if you buy them off ebay. You win the auction the buyer then sends for the deal you ask them for, and they post the actual deal tokens out to you.
It is better if all the Deals vouchers have the same surname on though.
If the OP turns the Clubcard vouchers into Deals vouchers herself then the Deals vouchers would arrive with Her name on.
Busy working Mum of 3
# 8
weaver
Old 28-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Zippybungle I dont think the OP can do this.

Ive in the past had to send my clubcard vouchers in to redeam them for the deal vouchers. The clubcard deal tokens are sent only to the original person. I have then given the tokens to a friend and she paid me for the clubcard vouchers I redeemed

so even if OP sends in the clubcard voucher the actual deal token will get sent to the person whose name is on the clubcard.

As already stated by oliveoyl this is fine for days out/meal tokens etc but I dont know if the name is actually on the deal token for larger things, so not sure if you can redeal somebody elses tokens for larger items like - MFI, holidays,car hire/hotels

Anyone confirm names are on deal tokens for larger things ??????
Thanks to everyone who posts comps
# 9
lulu650
Old 28-01-2007, 12:49 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

My local MFI told me that they were not concerned with whose name was on the vouchers. Although I havent tried this with a different surname only my own family ie different forenames.
Saving money right, left and centre
# 10
topbanana2803
Old 28-01-2007, 3:15 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

quote [Ive in the past had to send my clubcard vouchers in to redeam them for the deal vouchers. The clubcard deal tokens are sent only to the original person. I have then given the tokens to a friend and she paid me for the clubcard vouchers I redeemed]

You don't need to send them in if you do it on-line, each voucher should have a code on it and you key in the code and then throw the voucher away. I've never had to wait more than 3 days for deals tokens when I've done it on-line.
# 11
wokkies
Old 28-01-2007, 3:18 PM

thanks for clearing that up, I have been looking on ebay at the price the clubcard points are going for and the nectar adams vouchers and they are going for more than their face value if you use tesco vouchers for shopping but I always thought you had to hand your clubcard in when cashing them in
Closed Thread