Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • meritaten
    • By meritaten 15th Nov 11, 11:05 PM
    • 23,097 Posts
    • 60,746 Thanks
    meritaten
    • 15th Nov 11, 11:05 PM
    • 15th Nov 11, 11:05 PM
    a turkey crown which serves only 3 - 4? why not buy a chicken?
    so Bernard Mathews are now killing baby turkeys? oh dear - they are really struggling arent they?
    There sure are a lot of laws in this country - but there aint much Justice!!!
    (Dean Koontz - One Door Away From Heaven)

I will now refer to 'so called IS, ISIS, or ISIL' as 'Daesh'. if its good enough for the KURDS, its good enough for me!
    • geordie joe
    • By geordie joe 15th Nov 11, 11:37 PM
    • 8,399 Posts
    • 8,454 Thanks
    geordie joe
    • 15th Nov 11, 11:37 PM
    • 15th Nov 11, 11:37 PM
    a turkey crown which serves only 3 - 4? why not buy a chicken?

Because chickens don't taste like turkey

so Bernard Mathews are now killing baby turkeys? oh dear - they are really struggling arent they?
    Originally posted by meritaten
    No, they are just giving the people what they want, a turkey that doesn't cost the earth and won't last until easter.

I don't like, or eat turkey, and have no opinion of bernard mattews one way or another. but this forum is full of people complaining that turkeys are too big for small families and single people. and complaining in general that shops are forcing us to buy far too much by having BOGOF's etc.

So Bernard brings out something people want, a smaller, cheaper turkey and you just say that.

Have you ever tried thinking?
  • bcl999
    • 16th Nov 11, 10:37 AM
    • 16th Nov 11, 10:37 AM
    What surpises me is that they say "serves 3 to 4". For a 1.5kg crown, either it has helluva heavy bones or there is a lot of added water.
    Last edited by bcl999; 16-11-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

703Posts Today

4,195Users online

Martin's Twitter