Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    harry6854
    Santander are now refunding interest payments on Cahoot flexible loan's
    • 29th Oct 11, 9:14 AM
    Santander are now refunding interest payments on Cahoot flexible loan's 29th Oct 11 at 9:14 AM
    This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

Back to original post, and a big thank you to Harry for this (as we've said in the story above).

Santander are now refuding past interest paid on Cahoot flexible loans!!

Myself and a number of others have secured thousands of pounds in refunds - I had my interest recalculated from 2006 to present day at 6% and was given a £8000 refund!! This is not a joke - it would appear someone has had success with a Financial Ombudsman claim and now there are paying out.

I have been contacted by other's who state that this also works for closed account's.

The best way to complain is by contacting the CEO office at the email the ceo's office
    (ceo@santander.co.uk)

Spread the word!!! Any issues private message me
    Last edited by MSE Guy; 21-02-2012 at 4:18 PM.
Page 98
    • dom100
    • By dom100 2nd Mar 16, 4:47 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dom100
    Cahoot flexi loan rate hike complaint, Feb 2016
    Just got a letter back from the Executive team at Santander saying that they were within their rights to hike the rate from under 10% to way over 20% ... together with a bundle of documentation to support this.

Does anyone know of something that can be done or is this the end of the line? What was different about the complaints that were made in 2010 as opposed to those that are made now, and what type of complaint was upheld?

Thanks for any help!
    • Alex444
    • By Alex444 10th Mar 16, 10:45 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Alex444
    If you stopped paying your Cahoot Flexiloan, please check your Credit Report as Santander are supplying incorrect data.
    I stopped paying them in December 2009 and as such should have disappeared from my CRA file, but Santander did not lodge the default until July 2011 and the balance had increased from £9K to £12K.
    I have asked them twice to amend the entry, but they have refused, I have now passed it to the Information Commissioner for adjudication as it is contrary to their recommended industry standards:-

4. If you fall into arrears on your account, or you do not keep to the revised terms of an arrangement, a default may be recorded to
    show that the relationship has broken down.

As a general guide, this may occur when you are 3 months in arrears, and normally by the time you are 6 months in arrears.

There are exceptions to this which may result in a default being recorded at a later stage,such as secured or long term loans e.g. mortgages, or if the product operates in a more flexible way e.g. current accounts, student loans, home credit.
    • Annie021063
    • By Annie021063 28th Jul 16, 12:01 PM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 7,976 Thanks
    Annie021063
    Are there any updates on Santander? Found some old paperwork relating to an old unsuccessful claim 4 years ago!
    Be Fab not Fat in 15 - 100.5 lbs lost to date

Stitching - 4 owls, New York, World, historical costume,
    Bedtime Reading-The Journey(21) (Cynthia Harrod Eagles)
    Miles run in June - 74.52
    Miles run in July - 83.54
    • Debster64
    • By Debster64 16th Aug 16, 4:25 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Debster64
    Hi there, is anyone willing to share an example of a successful complaint letter - started my flexi loan in 2005 and now determined to get a refund. Thanks
    • crapouillette
    • By crapouillette 23rd Aug 16, 10:30 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    crapouillette
    Cahoot flexi-loan interests refunded by Santander
    Bonjour, I am going though my finances to sort out all potential refunds. English is not my 1st language, so I would appreciate if someone was willing to share a template letter, please. Many thanks :-) Merci beaucoup
    • liz holmes
    • By liz holmes 13th Sep 16, 6:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    liz holmes
    Cahoot Flexiloan
    Hi Would it possible for you to send us a copy of the letter.

Regard

Liz
    • Anty_P
    • By Anty_P 10th Oct 16, 1:22 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Anty_P
    Interest payments on Cahoot flexible loan's
    Could you possible send me a copy of the template too? Thanks
    • tallen121
    • By tallen121 18th Oct 16, 3:30 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tallen121
    And me too please?
    • Anfield01
    • By Anfield01 24th Oct 16, 8:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Anfield01
    Am i eligible for a refund
    Can anyone help.

I had a a historic Cahoot flexi loan back in 2004 and it moved to Santander about 2006. The loan was paid off in 2010. The initial interest rate was 6.9% with Cahoot and then it was increased to 16.9% by Santander !

I also had PPI applied to the loan at a cost of approx £35.00 per month, not sure how ppi was added and cant recall whether i applied for the loan over the internet or over the phone.

So my question is..... what are my chances of getting refunds on the loan interest rate hile and the ppi ???

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
    • Michelleconnelly
    • By Michelleconnelly 15th Nov 16, 8:38 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Michelleconnelly
    miss michelle connelly
    Hi Happy Bunny, i had this type of loan, would it be possible to sent me a copy of your complaints letter

Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,082Posts Today

8,474Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @itvMLshow: Tonight #MartinLewis looks into our family finances; Marriage tax allowance, student loans and child tax credit, 8pm on @ITV?

• Don't forget 8pm tonight ITV - should be a good show. As always my aim is to, in effect, pay you to watch #martinlewis money show

• RT @bbc5live: After midday, money-saving @MartinSLewis will be here to answer your financial questions ????https://t.co/UQMSd5TKbb https://t.?

• Follow Martin