Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    harry6854
    Santander are now refunding interest payments on Cahoot flexible loan's
    • 29th Oct 11, 9:14 AM
    Santander are now refunding interest payments on Cahoot flexible loan's 29th Oct 11 at 9:14 AM
    This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

Back to original post, and a big thank you to Harry for this (as we've said in the story above).

Santander are now refuding past interest paid on Cahoot flexible loans!!

Myself and a number of others have secured thousands of pounds in refunds - I had my interest recalculated from 2006 to present day at 6% and was given a £8000 refund!! This is not a joke - it would appear someone has had success with a Financial Ombudsman claim and now there are paying out.

I have been contacted by other's who state that this also works for closed account's.

The best way to complain is by contacting the CEO office at the email the ceo's office
    (ceo@santander.co.uk)

Spread the word!!! Any issues private message me
    Last edited by MSE Guy; 21-02-2012 at 4:18 PM.
Page 3
    • Kira000
    • By Kira000 19th Nov 11, 3:26 PM
    • 1,979 Posts
    • 8,037 Thanks
    Kira000
    Just wondering- i opened my loan in about 2001- i think the interest rate then was about 7.9%. I have seen reference to 2006 as the cut off. Does anyone know if they will take into account the period upto 2006, or ignore it as being too long ago?
    Married 13/03/10 #1 DD born 13/01/12!!

Newborn Thread Founder
  • Im78
    My loan was from 2002 and was successful so worth a go
    • happy_bunny
    • By happy_bunny 19th Nov 11, 5:05 PM
    • 4,480 Posts
    • 1,759 Thanks
    happy_bunny
    Just wondering- i opened my loan in about 2001- i think the interest rate then was about 7.9%. I have seen reference to 2006 as the cut off. Does anyone know if they will take into account the period upto 2006, or ignore it as being too long ago?
    Originally posted by Kira000
    I was refunded from 2003 to 2011, my OH from 2001-2011.

I think there are limits to complain to the FOS, i.e. what you are complaining about has to have happened in the last 6 years.

I think you will be fine.
  • mattr1125
    Just PM you regarding the letter - please could you forward a copy of your letter. Thank you again.
    • happy_bunny
    • By happy_bunny 21st Nov 11, 12:46 PM
    • 4,480 Posts
    • 1,759 Thanks
    happy_bunny
    Just PM you regarding the letter - please could you forward a copy of your letter. Thank you again.
    Originally posted by mattr1125
    Will do this evening
  • wanchai
    I emailed my letter to cahoot but they have told me to ring Santander. Does anyone have an email address or postal address for whoever deals with this in Santander?

I had my loan from 2003-2006, can I claim?

Thanks xx
    • Fortuna1
    • By Fortuna1 21st Nov 11, 4:05 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    Fortuna1
    I'm also in the same boat with my Cahoot loan that started in 2001 with an interest rate of less than 10%. By the time Santander took it over it had been hiked to 20% and that's now where it's stuck. That now means that out of a repayment of 90 quid, they add back nearly £60 in interest!!!
    happy-bunny - Could I also trouble you for a copy of your complaint letter please?
    • happy_bunny
    • By happy_bunny 21st Nov 11, 4:10 PM
    • 4,480 Posts
    • 1,759 Thanks
    happy_bunny
    I emailed my letter to cahoot but they have told me to ring Santander. Does anyone have an email address or postal address for whoever deals with this in Santander?

I had my loan from 2003-2006, can I claim?

Thanks xx
    Originally posted by wanchai
    http://www.santander.co.uk/csgs/Satellite?appID=abbey.internet.Abbeycom&c=Page&can al=CABBEYCOM&cid=1210607166846&empr=Abbeycom&leng= en_GB&pagename=Abbeycom%2FPage%2FWC_ACOM_TemplateA 2

Has to go to Santander. Use the email here, it works, I used it.
    • happy_bunny
    • By happy_bunny 21st Nov 11, 4:11 PM
    • 4,480 Posts
    • 1,759 Thanks
    happy_bunny
    I'm also in the same boat with my Cahoot loan that started in 2001 with an interest rate of less than 10%. By the time Santander took it over it had been hiked to 20% and that's now where it's stuck. That now means that out of a repayment of 90 quid, they add back nearly £60 in interest!!!
    happy-bunny - Could I also trouble you for a copy of your complaint letter please?
    Originally posted by Fortuna1
    Will do when I get home.
  • wanchai
    Thanks a mill for your help (again) xx
    • anniemudge
    • By anniemudge 22nd Nov 11, 2:24 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    anniemudge
    Cahoot interest claim
    I want to claim the PPI on my Cahoot loan - can I claim the interest back at the same time. Has anyone done this?
    • happy_bunny
    • By happy_bunny 22nd Nov 11, 3:05 PM
    • 4,480 Posts
    • 1,759 Thanks
    happy_bunny
    I would submit 2 separate complaints, as one may get rejected or move at a different pace. The process for PPI might also be different, no idea, never done it. See the reclaiming forum for that bit:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=169

No harm in mentioning in each letter that's what you are doing, as if they get refunded to your loan account that has a balance on, it might get confusing should they be resolved close together.

HTH
  • wanchai
    I emailed Santander yesterday afternoon. I always email companies, where possible - using their own web forms means that you have NO proof of sending your correspondence and no copy of it.

They have sent me an email acknowledging receipt of my email... how long should they take to get to me about it?
    • happy_bunny
    • By happy_bunny 22nd Nov 11, 3:28 PM
    • 4,480 Posts
    • 1,759 Thanks
    happy_bunny
    I emailed Santander yesterday afternoon. I always email companies, where possible - using their own web forms means that you have NO proof of sending your correspondence and no copy of it.

They have sent me an email acknowledging receipt of my email... how long should they take to get to me about it?
    Depends. With my OH, they sent the auto receipt you have, then an email saying we are looking into it then after that they wrote letters rather than emails.

They have 8 weeks max, but from what others have been saying i would be surprised if you didn't get some reply within 14 days.
  • wanchai
    That's fine. I don't mind whether it's letters or emails, as long as everything is recorded!!!

I'm getting married in 2012 so a rebate of some of my loan interest would come in VERY handy!!!
    • finley909
    • By finley909 23rd Nov 11, 9:46 AM
    • 78 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    finley909
    I submitted a complaint a week ago re my cahoot loan. My email was replied to by the CEO office the next day but was advised that the complaint would be forwarded to the executive complaints dept and someone would telephone me to discuss the complaint. I emailed back requesting that everything is dealt with ny emaol or post but haven't heard anything back yet. Has anyone else had a similar experience so far?
    Barclaycard - £1251 reclaimed
    Time for GE Money
    • XXSCOTSLASSXX
    • By XXSCOTSLASSXX 23rd Nov 11, 11:09 AM
    • 407 Posts
    • 575 Thanks
    XXSCOTSLASSXX
    Just an update I have now received the refund to loan account after emailing ceo address... so this clears the loan they are however also looking into questions I had re the calculations made, as they stated in original letter they were refunding at 12.8% the original interest rate..... the original interest rate was 6.9% tho so have still to hear back re this..fingers crossed it will come back in my favour ... either way tho am more than happy loan is gone x
    Last edited by XXSCOTSLASSXX; 23-11-2011 at 11:13 AM.
  • wanchai
    I've had nothing yet!

My loan was for £8,000 (took it out in January 2003) and the initial interest rate was very low, can't remember exactly how low but it went up quite quickly after that. I cleared it in 2006 - was so fed up of the interest payments increasing. I wonder how much I should be getting back?

Never had another loan or overdraft since.
    • XXSCOTSLASSXX
    • By XXSCOTSLASSXX 23rd Nov 11, 12:17 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 575 Thanks
    XXSCOTSLASSXX
    I've had nothing yet!

My loan was for £8,000 (took it out in January 2003) and the initial interest rate was very low, can't remember exactly how low but it went up quite quickly after that. I cleared it in 2006 - was so fed up of the interest payments increasing. I wonder how much I should be getting back?

Never had another loan or overdraft since.
    My complaint was with them since 15th September, I notice from your prev post you sent email monday of this week Id give it some time not sure is it makes a difference but I had thot the basis of these complaints and refunds was that when Santander took over the loan 2009/2010 they escalated the interest rate?? not sure where you would stand to be honest when paid off in 2006 and wasnt taken over by Santander... good luck
    • arbroath lass
    • By arbroath lass 23rd Nov 11, 1:02 PM
    • 1,566 Posts
    • 3,829 Thanks
    arbroath lass
    I submitted a complaint a week ago re my cahoot loan. My email was replied to by the CEO office the next day but was advised that the complaint would be forwarded to the executive complaints dept and someone would telephone me to discuss the complaint. I emailed back requesting that everything is dealt with ny emaol or post but haven't heard anything back yet. Has anyone else had a similar experience so far?
    Originally posted by finley909
    This is what happened to me. As you will see from earlier I was refunded within 2 weeks so I guess you'd be a bit longer if you want it all in writing.

I only had 2 phone calls. One to say they were waiting for information from Cahoot to calculate the difference and another (about a week later) to tell me how much they were refunding.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,804Posts Today

6,675Users online

Martin's Twitter