Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Slinky_Malinky
    Any tips to freshen up 2nd hand clothes?
    • 27th Oct 11, 6:18 PM
    Any tips to freshen up 2nd hand clothes? 27th Oct 11 at 6:18 PM
    Hi all,

I was desperate for some new clothes, but as I am hoping to lose weight I thought I would be MSE and pick up some things from ebay to tide me over until I can fit into my existing too small clothes. I have bought items from several different sellers, the thing is I find they smell a bit sweaty I have tried rubbing a good squeeze of Stardrops into the armpits before washing, but there is still a rather heavy smell about them. I need to wear these to work but cannot go into the office smelling bad. Being a plus sized lady I am already paranoid about keeping myself clean and fresh. I won`t make this mistake again - I would have been better off just buying a couple of brand news tops rather than the several smelly 2nd hand ones. All the sellers have good feedback, I am sure they must just not notice their own smell iykwim.

Please can anyone suggest a way to get rid of the smell? If I can`t then I have wasted a fair chunk of dosh.

Thanks,
    SM
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,488Posts Today

9,199Users online

Martin's Twitter