Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 6
  • totem
    Citymain administer
    Thanks a million for the info on this SCAM
    I was just checking my bank account and found that
    CITYMAIN ADMINISTER had taken £6.99 from my account
    I couldn't think who this Company was
    I put it in Google and up came martin's site and found it was for MOBILE INSURANCE and read some of the many
    complaints about them

right away I cancelled the DD with my bank and thanks to your very helpful info on sending them a text I did just that and got an answer right away to say it was cancelled
    I am so livid that they did this 9 Mths after the cancellation
    they just take the money and then you have to deal with them to get it back BAD COMPANY !!!!
    I've had my phone a year and had cancelled the insurance before the 3 free months ended and was pleased to find the letter to prove the cancellation
    I will be ringing them first thing Monday to ask for my money back
    thanks again
  • stroppymare
    got me too
    I did take out the insurance but have now found out, rather late down the line, that they have been taking it out twice a month. so I have been paying double. Can I get this money back?
  • littleinholmes
    Recent Contact
    I have just phoned them on 01983 618300 to make a claim and they directed me to the SPB insurance website.

Has anyone made a successful claim from them before?
  • Joni73
    I was looking through my bank statements yesterday, regarding a separate issue, and I noticed this citymain administr A1ins direct debit was taking £5.99 a month for about a year from 2007-2008. I think I cancelled the DD in 2008 because I didn't know what it was. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I sent a message via the SPB website yesterday to say that I did not ask for this insurance and they have already responded to say they are giving me a full refund (which I was surprised by, given that it was 6-7 years ago that I had the insurance!).
  • flipdazed
    I had payments of 14.99 going to CITYMAIN which started 20th February and were recurring on the 20th of each month.

I caught the payment on April 23rd and cancelled it before it went out.

I rang Natwest bank up on their freephone alternative number (141 0800 200400) and went through to the charges team.

I told them that I believed the charges to be unwarranted and they refunded me the full 29.98 that I had historically paid and are currently doing an investigation into the company that charged me.
  • tmarriott
    A different company signed me up in smallprint
    i took out a mobile contract with the company called mobilephonesdirect provided through EE's network and somehow got into this BS city admin insurance despite clicking that i did not want insurance on my device, left me 30 pound out of pocket and extremely dissappointed in mobilephonesdirect for associating themselves with such a low thieving company like city admin
  • Jimmy Regan
    Phone Insurance
    I don't agree with the majority of these posts ! I too found this item on my bank statement and didn't recognise. When I contacted them through the 01983618300 number I found the lady to be very polite and helpful. She was able to demonstrate that I had actually taken out an insurance that I had forgotten about, but in any case, if I wanted to cancel, this would be done immediately with NO DRAMA - I suspect others may have forgotten too and I do not believe Citymain have acted dishonestly !
    • Immersion
    • By Immersion 26th Aug 16, 2:04 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Immersion
    30 minutes later? No reply at all to mine.
    • Yogibear76
    • By Yogibear76 31st May 17, 6:47 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Yogibear76
    Thanks for the information
    Hey, Thanks a lot for their info. It seems this is a common thing. I just called them and the number has changed to 08445762300.. which i have just called and the number is now changed to 03339997920
    Last edited by Yogibear76; 31-05-2017 at 6:50 PM. Reason: additional information relevant to the post
    • Walbs92
    • By Walbs92 17th Jul 17, 3:45 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Walbs92
    I've been making payments for years now.. so forgetful and it kept slipping my mind to find out what it was £6.99 a month for about 4 years they got about £335 out of me. Won't make this mistake again
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

42Posts Today

3,649Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin