Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lillibet dripping
    • By lillibet dripping 19th Oct 11, 5:36 PM
    • 1,616Posts
    • 12,474Thanks
    lillibet dripping
    Nigella's Butterscotch Layer Cake
    • 19th Oct 11, 5:36 PM
    Nigella's Butterscotch Layer Cake 19th Oct 11 at 5:36 PM
    Hello lovely ladies (and gentlepeeps!)
    A few days ago (on one of the 'Tough threads) somebody mentioned Nigella's Butterscotch Layer Cake.
    I dug out my copy of Domestic Goddess and bought the ingredients.

I think I have a disaster - or maybe it's meant to be like this.....

I have the two sandwich bases in the oven as we speak. However, the caramel bit looks and tastes awful.

I know she says be brave because caramel has to be burnt to be caramel, but having tasted mine, it tastes bitter and burnt. I haven't added the cream cheese yet. Will this save it?

WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG?

Lilli
    [DFW Nerd club #1142Proud to be dealing with my debtDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862April 2013 = £20414 April 2014 = £11000 April 2015 = £9500 April 2016 = £7200
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

132Posts Today

1,524Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin