Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tony H
    • By Tony H 10th Mar 05, 1:12 PM
    • 2,482Posts
    • 420Thanks
    Tony H
    CALCS: PRO RATA Online Calculator (Test Version)
    • 10th Mar 05, 1:12 PM
    CALCS: PRO RATA Online Calculator (Test Version) 10th Mar 05 at 1:12 PM
    As there seem's to be a demand I have created this solution **URL Removed** It is rough & ready, but it works ..o0(I hope).

NOTE - This is designed to assist you in making calculations and should not be used soley without following the advice given in your threads asking for help.

I would be grateful if you could take the time to offer feedback and way's in which it could be improved, mainly relating to ease of use.

Regards
    Tony H
    Last edited by Tony_H; 01-04-2005 at 1:15 PM.
Page 1
    • Tony H
    • By Tony H 10th Mar 05, 2:42 PM
    • 2,482 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    Tony H
    • 10th Mar 05, 2:42 PM
    • 10th Mar 05, 2:42 PM
    If you have used the calculator & would like to offer feedback via PM please feel free.
  • suetmc03
    • 10th Mar 05, 10:25 PM
    Fab
    • 10th Mar 05, 10:25 PM
    What a superb idea Tony...very easy to use and great that you have made the effort.

Thank you

Sue
  • Malestrom
    • 10th Mar 05, 10:49 PM
    • 10th Mar 05, 10:49 PM
    Excellent work! The only thing I would say, is that ten creditor entries may not be enough for some people.

Good Job!
    He huihuinga taangata he pukenga whakaaro – A meeting of people; a wellspring of ideas (Maori proverb)
    • Tony H
    • By Tony H 11th Mar 05, 3:52 AM
    • 2,482 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    Tony H
    • 11th Mar 05, 3:52 AM
    • 11th Mar 05, 3:52 AM
    Thank-you for the feedback, I have added simple instructions & 5 additional rows giving a total of 15.
  • mattp
    • 11th Mar 05, 11:49 AM
    • 11th Mar 05, 11:49 AM
    That might still not be enough!

I have dealt with cases before where a single person has had 35 credit cards totalling £155,000!!

You might need a second page!
    • Tony H
    • By Tony H 11th Mar 05, 12:32 PM
    • 2,482 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    Tony H
    • 11th Mar 05, 12:32 PM
    • 11th Mar 05, 12:32 PM
    I appreciate that there must be some exceptional cases, I guess the aim is to cater for the majority at this time. Am I right in assuming that 15 enteries is suitable for testing purposes, or does the figure really need to be higher.

On an "IMHO Note" I would have thought that between 7 & 10 would have been typical or am I alittle on the naive side!!
    • Judi
    • By Judi 11th Mar 05, 8:19 PM
    • 13,380 Posts
    • 52,547 Thanks
    Judi
    • 11th Mar 05, 8:19 PM
    • 11th Mar 05, 8:19 PM
    Tony thats a very good idea, but you could also do the same thing for savings accounts/assets.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
  • Malestrom
    • 12th Mar 05, 3:33 PM
    • 12th Mar 05, 3:33 PM
    15 should be fine Tony. As you say, its unlikely that people will need this many but it was the only vaguely useful thing I could come up with
    He huihuinga taangata he pukenga whakaaro – A meeting of people; a wellspring of ideas (Maori proverb)
    • Tony H
    • By Tony H 16th Mar 05, 11:26 PM
    • 2,482 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    Tony H
    Shall I leave this here a little longer, or shall I pull the link!!
    • Tony H
    • By Tony H 26th Mar 05, 4:16 PM
    • 2,482 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    Tony H
    I shall remove the link at the end of the month!!
    • Tony H
    • By Tony H 8th Dec 05, 7:26 PM
    • 2,482 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    Tony H
    Click Here if you wish to utilise this ProRata calculator. Please feel free to add comments & questions
  • Me Myself
    Seems fantastic.
    Things can only get better.
  • zeddy
    Hi,

That is very good and easy to use. I wasn't exactly sure what the purpose of the calc was. But I like to know things like, if I pay back this much each month, how long will it be until the debt is clear? That sort of thing.

Very useful though.
    • Tony H
    • By Tony H 9th Dec 05, 1:25 PM
    • 2,482 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    Tony H
    All this does is calculate how much you have to pay each creditor, so that ALL creditors are paid off at the same time.
  • learning_to_drive
    The link now inactive?

• ripulhanda
    What is the URL for this calculator
    Hi,

Can you please provide me the link to use this calculator.

Thanks

Rip
  • shabbychicfan
    bump

Is there a calculator on here that can be used to work out pro-rata offers of payments to creditors please? Or does anyone know where I could find one that works with "Microsoft Works" (don't have excel :rolleyes: )

Many thanks x
    • Clariman
    • By Clariman 26th Dec 08, 8:10 PM
    • 1,447 Posts
    • 740 Thanks
    Clariman
    bump

Is there a calculator on here that can be used to work out pro-rata offers of payments to creditors please? Or does anyone know where I could find one that works with "Microsoft Works" (don't have excel :rolleyes: )

Many thanks x
    Originally posted by shabbychicfan
    I'm planning to add that function into the SOA Calculator at makesenseofcards. I may try to get that done over the festive period.

Clariman
    Co-author/owner of the official stoozing website
    (site sponsored and supported by Martin Lewis & MSE)
    Creator of the SOA & Snowball calculators at MSOC
    • fermi
    • By fermi 26th Dec 08, 8:30 PM
    • 39,030 Posts
    • 46,819 Thanks
    fermi
    Hi.

It's very easy to work out what to offer each creditor.

Simply:

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

98Posts Today

2,134Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • If you know you're bust you must declare it asap. So no firm ever says "yes we plan to go insolvent". So you never? https://t.co/w8aIKOqHzq

• Some people misreading... it's NOT the rumours of insolvency of the Monarchy! Its Monarch airlines (again tho I've no idea of its validity)

• Also re #monarchinsolvency rumours it's important to state Monarch are firmly denying it... https://t.co/N27MENRjY9

• Follow Martin