Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

white van man Mattress Scam
    • 12th Oct 11, 6:10 PM
    white van man Mattress Scam 12th Oct 11 at 6:10 PM
    Whilst walking home today just before 5:00pm a white van with shop livery drove up to me and the driver asked if I was interested in buying a memory foam mattress. Being aware of scams like this I politely refused and walked on.

A few minutes later the same van was parked up ahead of me and the man was in conversation with a woman with the side door of the van open.

By the time I got to where they were, he was on the phone with his back to me. I hastily took a picture of the van on my mobile phone but it is a little shaky - the Reg number is clear as well as the livery, but the mobile number is half missed !!!

As I went passed the woman I whispered to her that it was a scam and to be aware.

I carried on walking. A few minutes later the van pulled up alongside me and asked me what I said to the woman. i replied that it was worth checking the internet prices first. He drove off.

I went back to the woman who explained that he had tried to sell her a '600' mattress for 'just 200' and that she had refused him.

VAN REG : KT08 KNC

Livery on the van : Continental Mattresses and beds with a picture of a sleeping woman on the van side door.

it's a London Address but I can't quite make it out from the picture

Hope this avoids someone being scammed. This was in North Birmingham but I guess it could happen anywhere
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,876Posts Today

6,039Users online

Martin's Twitter