IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Money Saver Telecom
Views: 4,727
# 1
sez.
Old 11-10-2011, 9:33 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Question Money Saver Telecom

Has anyone heard of Money Saver Telecom and would anyonr rate them? I had someone knock on my door this evening, they claimto be 25% cheaper than BT and from the info they gave me it all sounds ok, but wandered if any one else has signed up with them before i sign on the dotted line!!
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
macman
Old 11-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Did you ask the minimum term, and the ETC if you want to leave before then?
No free lunch, and no free laptop
# 3
Ypaymore
Old 12-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Cant see anything ok about these terms and conditions ?

Rolling Contract term, minimum period of twenty four months.The Contract will automatically continue for subsequent periods of the same duration. Unless cancelled 28 days before contract expiry date.

In the event you seek to cancel the Contract before the term is up you will incur an early termination charge of the remaining contract months *8 (part month charged as full month) and a one off charge of 25 including VAT.

Monies taken in the first payment are non-refundable.

We shall be entitled to withdraw any Inclusive Calls at any time and in our absolute and sole discretion. Including calls to 0870 numbers.

If you are a Line Rental Services customer and elect to use another provider for some or all of your calls we may at our sole discretion decide to (i) bar your use of indirect access codes, (ii) charge you a higher fee for your use of the Line Rental Service or (iii) disconnect the Line Rental Services

Or the following ?

Expensive 0844 number 5p plus a minute for Customer Service.

No mention of there charges for call features eg caller display on site.

0845/0870 numbers are not included in inclusive minutes.

Phone packages are paid quarterly in advance by Direct Debit. No monthly option like BT.

www.moneysavertelecom.co.uk

Last edited by Ypaymore; 12-10-2011 at 12:53 AM.
# 4
macman
Old 12-10-2011, 8:05 AM

If you want '25% cheaper than BT', there are plenty of reputable firms who are both better and cheaper.
No free lunch, and no free laptop
# 5
Heinz
Old 13-10-2011, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sez. View Post
Has anyone heard of Money Saver Telecom and would anyonr rate them? I had someone knock on my door this evening, they claimto be 25% cheaper than BT and from the info they gave me it all sounds ok, but wandered if any one else has signed up with them before i sign on the dotted line!!
If their offer was any good, people would be hammering on their door to sign up and they wouldn't need to knock on doors annoying people.

IISTGTBT, IUI.
Much of the advice on residential telephony I have given over the past 9 years or so is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
I will continue to help with Orchid programming whenever possible.
# 6
MSE Andrea
Old 14-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Forum Editorial Liaison

Hi MoneySaver Telecom has asked us to post a response on its behalf. MSE doesn't endorse anything a company says on the Forum.

Hello, we wish to point out some incorrect information given by one of your posters.

.. "Expensive 0844 number 5p plus a minute for Customer Service":

The number quoted by the poster is actually our New Sales/Orders line. The Customer Service / Technical Faults number is actually 0845 026 7895

. "Phone packages are paid quarterly in advance by Direct Debit. No monthly option like BT": We do have monthly options - All our broadband and call packages are automatically on a monthly plan. On telephone call only packages, we can change the package to a monthly payment if you request it from us.

. "0845/0870 numbers are not included in inclusive minutes":

On our call package screen, it does state that 0845 and 0870 numbers are inclusive within a package. (More information is available within the small print.)

In regards to your comments about our terms and conditions, many companies, like BT and TalkTalk, for example, use similar renewing contracts and are subject to Ofcom guidance like ourselves. However, we thank you for your feedback and are currently taking steps to improve how we deliver information to our potential customers. If you wish to contact us about the issues above or have any queries, please email us at customerservices@moneysavertelecom.com or post in our new Facebook channel and we will answer your query promptly.

Follow @MSE_Forum on twitter
Join the MSE Forum
New forum user? Watch our New to the Forum? Youtube guide
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
# 7
Ypaymore
Old 14-10-2011, 6:41 PM

Re the above response from the company.

BT and TalkTalk certainly dont ask customers to sign a 24 month rolling contract.

If the customer service number is 0845 ( which is also expensive to ring unless its included in your inclusive minutes) why do they show an 0844 one on website.

See: http://www.moneysavertelecom.com/contact-us.html

On there call package page i can find no mention of 0845/0870 being inclusive despite what they say.

See: http://www.moneysavertelecom.com/call-packages.html all it talks about is free calls to UK Landlines. Which are not in fact free as you pay for them in the package.They are inclusive.

They dont deny there is no mention of there charges for call features eg caller display on site, which could increase your rental depending on the charges..

Last edited by Ypaymore; 14-10-2011 at 6:55 PM.
# 8
TalkTalk Company Representative
Old 17-10-2011, 1:22 PM
Awaiting Authorisation
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hi All,

I can confirm TalkTalk do not operate a 24 month rolling contract that automatically renews.

We offer 12 18 and 24 months contracts depending the services taken. This is a minimum terms only. Following the completion of the minimum term there is no obligation to renew and contract terms do not automatically renew, rather they revert to a 28 day rolling notice period.

Regards

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Executive
Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
# 9
brightonman123
Old 29-10-2011, 3:46 PM

see here- http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...+plus&page=112

and my recent thread, just posted today. I didnt think to see what MSE thought of them first.!
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...php?p=48083029
What does the Scroll Lock button do, exactly..?

Last edited by brightonman123; 29-10-2011 at 3:49 PM.
# 10
jhp
Old 29-10-2011, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonman123 View Post
see here- http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...+plus&page=112

and my recent thread, just posted today. I didnt think to see what MSE thought of them first.!
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...php?p=48083029

What has UW / Telecom Plus got to do with thread ? which is about moneysavertelecom is it not ?
# 11
brightonman123
Old 31-10-2011, 11:57 PM

i feel 24 month contracts are unfair, and does not allow customers to shop around for any better deals which (any) company may be offering subsequent new customers..?
What does the Scroll Lock button do, exactly..?
# 12
Mark_In_Hampshire
Old 01-11-2011, 2:07 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonman123 View Post
i feel 24 month contracts are unfair, and does not allow customers to shop around for any better deals which (any) company may be offering subsequent new customers..?
I don't have a problem with two year contracts, buyer beware, though I'm not keen on the automatic renewal for the same period. I thought the regulator had ruled that these had to be phased out anyway.

The two year contracts seem to be an issue with mobiles, where people look at their mate's new iPhone and see they can have it for thirty quid a month. The issue occurs when said mate gets a newer iPhone and they're stuck on the contract that they voluntarily agreed to now. Nobody forced them. More fool them.

But then since people are wising up to the fact that a material changes to Ts and Cs enables escape from even long running contracts, the customer can play the provider at their own game. It's a contract in both directions.
# 13
pejero
Old 16-02-2012, 4:41 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I signed up with Moneysaver Telecom last year I wish I had never heard of them their customer services is a disgrace their faults department are usless.

Their sales patter was good until you find out that when you have signed up for quarterly billing you dont actually get quarterly billing as soon as you phone a telephone number I.E Mobile number thats not in the package that you signed up for you automaticalliy go onto monthly billing.

My phone line was of due to a fault on the line it was off for 12 days I asked to be compensated for loss of service I got offered 3.96.

I have now moved my service back to BT last week I have at least 4 calls a day from the demanding money from me 216.00 for breaking my 24mth contract with them and they are very rude on the phone to you

I would re name the company to Money Ripoff Telecom
# 14
kasman
Old 18-05-2013, 11:18 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Who are these people !!

My mother did the silly thing by agreeing to MST over the phone , as usual they promised the moon and delivered nothing . Can't even reach them on their customer service . Due to the fact I will be seeking legal advice and cancelling the DD. They promised to pay any outstanding balance due on my mothers remaining contract with Talk Talk . I have yet to see proof of this . Checked their facebook page , not one comment . lol. Says a lot about this mickey mouse company !!!