Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • pboae
    • By pboae 19th Jan 07, 1:53 AM
    • 2,672 Posts
    • 3,407 Thanks
    pboae
    • 19th Jan 07, 1:53 AM
    • 19th Jan 07, 1:53 AM
    Kleenex Balsam (balsalm??), I keep trying other brands, but nothing comes close to those ones. They are worth the extra pennies.

Also look out for a product called 'happinose' it's like vaseline/chapstick for your nose. I am addicted to it!
    • Nile
    • By Nile 19th Jan 07, 12:55 PM
    • 13,988 Posts
    • 13,820 Thanks
    Nile
    • 19th Jan 07, 12:55 PM
    • 19th Jan 07, 12:55 PM
    Kleenex Balsam (balsalm??), I keep trying other brands, but nothing comes close to those ones. They are worth the extra pennies.

Also look out for a product called 'happinose' it's like vaseline/chapstick for your nose. I am addicted to it!
    by pboae
    Hello KizzyK

I agree with pboae, the Kleenex Balsam tissues are fabulous. Even if you start using them after developing a sore/red nose.............they work fast to restore your nose to normal.

I haven't tried them myself but a money saving option is the cheaper Asda version of these tissues. The prices in Asda are:

Kleenex Balsam regular tissues 90s are £1.75
    Asda Ultra Soft & Strong balm tissues regular 90s are £1.00

Regards

Nile
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Watch the New to Forum? Guide

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 19th Jan 07, 9:46 PM
    • 36,114 Posts
    • 32,265 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 19th Jan 07, 9:46 PM
    • 19th Jan 07, 9:46 PM
    While you're waiting to nip out and buy the Balsam tissues (which I also recommend!) try using kitchen towel - it's better than 'normal' tissues I find.

Also a dab of Vaseline round your nostrils can help. Greasy but effective!
    I'm a Board Guide on the Cutting Tax; Charities; Small Biz & Charity Organisers; and Silver Savers boards, which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. However, do remember, Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts.

Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com

New to the Forum? Why not watch the Guide?

Still knitting! Aiming to finish this cardigan before I get my bus pass!
  • KizzyK
    • 20th Jan 07, 12:28 AM
    • 20th Jan 07, 12:28 AM
    Thanks everyone - my nose is feeling better already
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 20th Jan 07, 1:50 AM
    • 1,527 Posts
    • 2,501 Thanks
    LouLou
    • 20th Jan 07, 1:50 AM
    • 20th Jan 07, 1:50 AM
    I'm sure these are just as good..

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1002411&classificati onid=1024482

(Buy one, get one free)

Get well soon
  • krishna
    • 24th Jan 07, 2:12 AM
    • 24th Jan 07, 2:12 AM
    handkerchief or piece of soft rag will work better than any tissue. And cheaper too.
  • slinks
    • 24th Jan 07, 3:12 AM
    • 24th Jan 07, 3:12 AM
    after years of colds giving me dry-flaky-nose-syndrome i tried something so obvious... every time before i blew my nose i smothered my nose in moisturiser and then again after i blew it! i don't know if it's the one i use (simple) but it works a treat
    • newcook
    • By newcook 24th Jan 07, 3:34 PM
    • 4,829 Posts
    • 8,150 Thanks
    newcook
    • 24th Jan 07, 3:34 PM
    • 24th Jan 07, 3:34 PM
    I love Happynose! its a lovely menthol soothing balm you apply after you have blown your nose - it lasts ages - I bought mine about 2 years ago and I still have loads left (I suppose I should throw it out though due to expiry dates etc...:confused: )
    • Penny Watcher
    • By Penny Watcher 24th Jan 07, 4:02 PM
    • 3,412 Posts
    • 5,824 Thanks
    Penny Watcher
    Another vote for Happinose here .

We keep it in the fridge :confused: . It's soooo soothing if you have a sore nose.

You cannot live as I have lived an not end up like me.

Oi you lot - please GIVE BLOOD - you never know when you and yours might need it back! 52 pints so far.
  • Girl least likely to
    I normally use any value brand tissues on a daily basis but when I have a cold I treat myself to one of the balsam boxes. Doesn't matter which one, any I've tried has stopped my nose from getting sore.

Hope OP feels better soon
  • astonsmummy
    I use baby wipes to wipe DS nose when it's runny, he doesnt get sore but does if i use tissue, although i doubt it's easy lugging baby wipes about unless you have a child in tow which usually comes with a bag of some sort!
    Baby boy Number 2, arrived 12th April 2009!
    • tanith
    • By tanith 24th Jan 07, 8:41 PM
    • 7,925 Posts
    • 8,486 Thanks
    tanith
    Definately Kleenex Balsam...... no sore nose anymore
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,800Posts Today

7,197Users online

Martin's Twitter