Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Danni-R
    • By Danni-R 6th Oct 11, 3:39 PM
    • 594Posts
    • 935Thanks
    Danni-R
    Danni R's little road to riches?
    • 6th Oct 11, 3:39 PM
    Danni R's little road to riches? 6th Oct 11 at 3:39 PM
    Hello,

I figured its time I jumped on the band wagon as well.

I'm 28 and 1/12 and I have had my mortgage since april 2011.

Its for £105k over 30 years. Its just little old me and I really want to pay it off as soon as I can (who doesnt?!).

I got a nice sized deposit from my parents to buy it and things have changed recently so I'd like to either be able to start paying them back or hit the mortgage with such force that I could remortgage in 3 years and release some equity to pay them back some.

Its not what they want but the situation has changed and I'd like to be able to help them out.

I've never op'd before and I think with NW i can do it by 10% a year fee free.

I'm geting a lodger in at the end of the month. short term to begin with. Now unfortunately I'm going to need this money to clear my od with HSBC but once thats gone I'll be able to get to the mortgage.

I have my little e-bay empire. Just selling stuff from around the house and that I think brings in about £80 a month. but I just spent half of that on new glasses.

I tend to batch cook at the start of the month when I have money so I can eat at the end of the month!

So please join me in my little journey. I need all the motivation and encouragement I can get!
    £2200 £1950£1850 £1600 on my credit card
    £5000 £6000 Savings
    £40 fund for holiday
Page 5
    • Danni-R
    • By Danni-R 23rd May 13, 5:09 PM
    • 594 Posts
    • 935 Thanks
    Danni-R
    Hole----leee !!!!!

Took my eye off the ball on this bad boy.

Did a snow ball calculator and it'll take me 16 Months to pay off my debts (not including my mortgage)

How the bejesus did that happen?!

So I will have to finish the decorating and then I can get a lodger. That will help.

I'm an idiot.
    £5000 £6000 Savings
    £40 fund for holiday
    • Danni-R
    • By Danni-R 28th Jan 14, 3:48 PM
    • 594 Posts
    • 935 Thanks
    Danni-R
    Well I'm back firmly on the band wagon.

Having a bit of a blue day. Things are just going wrong. I'm grumpy and sad and just want to get away from it all.

I'm thinking about getting a new job which I think will help solve 80% of my issues. But I want to go further away which means leaving the flat and renting out my room as well :-(

Still have my Credit card to clear which is a pain and to get some savings first.

Had a big de-clutter the other week and got rid of 5 black bin bags of rubbish which should have made me feel better but it really didnt.

Nothing does at the moment which is a horrible feeling. I think I've got a case of the grim so should probably go get it sorted but then I never feel that the doctor takes it seriously.

Like I said, I'm moany and grumpy and feeling blurg.

If anyone has any cheesy jokes, please feel free to post them. Could do with a giggle.
    £5000 £6000 Savings
    £40 fund for holiday
    • Danni-R
    • By Danni-R 1st Mar 17, 5:32 PM
    • 594 Posts
    • 935 Thanks
    Danni-R
    It's really weird reading back my posts.
    I'm still not doing great with the OP's.
    Turns out the Grim I mentioned in my last post lasted for about 2 and a bit years and involved therapists etc. Still don't think my doctor took me seriously!

My credit card is now sub £2k which is amazing for me! I don't have 'savings' as such but I have money put aside. I'm managing to not spank all my money each month.
    I also don't have takeaways once or twice a week.
    I do still pay for the gym.
    I don't have a contract phone
    I don't have sky for tv and have negotiated a better deal for the internet and land line.
    My car passed it's MOT
    I did not settle down and have babies with my ex.

Life sometimes isn't too bad.
    £5000 £6000 Savings
    £40 fund for holiday
    • Danni-R
    • By Danni-R 17th Mar 17, 1:47 PM
    • 594 Posts
    • 935 Thanks
    Danni-R
    So Natwest don't make it easy but once they've agreed to it I've asked to also over pay by £20 a month every time they take my mortgage payment.

It's not much but it looks like they also will allow me to make one off payments. Capped at 10% each year but if I even get close to that I'd be amazed.
    £20 a month over payment reduces my term by 2 years and saves me over £3k in interest. How mental is that? For the sake of probably less than a take away a month.

Back to paying council tax this month. Thats a bit annoying.
    £5000 £6000 Savings
    £40 fund for holiday
    • Danni-R
    • By Danni-R 27th Mar 17, 11:29 AM
    • 594 Posts
    • 935 Thanks
    Danni-R
    So NW have agreed in writing to the extra £20 a month. I can't help but feel that the hassle that I had to go through was pretty off putting but it's done now.

It's only taken me how many years.....
    £5000 £6000 Savings
    £40 fund for holiday
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,159Posts Today

8,509Users online

Martin's Twitter