Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 27
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 10th Mar 17, 2:14 PM
    • 18,650 Posts
    • 15,550 Thanks
    wealdroam
    Hi All
    Does a cancelled repair visit qualify?
    I took today off work to await a Bosch engineer to fix a vacuum cleaner, any time between 8am and 6pm. Got a phone call this morning to say the engineer was ill and couldn't make it. I have had to take another day off later this month for a re-arranged appointment.
    Do I have any grounds to claim?
    TIA

R
    Originally posted by Riggsy1367
    Yes, in he same way that you can claim if a delivery fails to turn up.
    The principle is exactly the same.

You will have read that you haven't actually suffered a loss yet as you were planning to take today off. But you can claim for your losses due to a second visit becoming necessary.

You might like to advise them that you will be claiming, and thus give them the opportunity to visit when you are 'freely' available, e.g. evening or weekend?
    • effingpot
    • By effingpot 27th Mar 17, 2:35 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    effingpot
    Moonpig's "Guaranteed Mothers' Day delivery" still not arrived
    I'm trying to work out how to complain and what to ask for from Moonpig who snatched a Mothers' Day order away from our local florist, from us boys based on a slick ad campaign, nice flowers and a "guarantee" of delivery yesterday. Of course that never happened and now we have one upset mother and three angry sons. Calling Moonpig on their help line gets you onto (chargeable) hold for so long you hang up - there are no clues how long you'll wait. They do not respond to emails, their customer service form or feedback.

Getting the money refunded doesn't really do it. The point of the gift was to delight our Mum as their lovely ads point out, on the day! Though we didn't incur additional costs, more the upset. The tracking system suggests they have been at some "hub" for two days and are still there. So the update email saying they will be delivered today also looks like rubbish.

We can still write a letter to them, or carry on holding (we waited 30 mins yesterday and today with no answer). That cost another few quid!

Suggestions other than what's in the article welcome if anyone has dealt with Moonpig before. It's our last time with them, that's for sure!
    thanks, Mike.
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 27th Mar 17, 2:51 PM
    • 11,392 Posts
    • 8,559 Thanks
    unholyangel
    I'm trying to work out how to complain and what to ask for from Moonpig who snatched a Mothers' Day order away from our local florist, from us boys based on a slick ad campaign, nice flowers and a "guarantee" of delivery yesterday. Of course that never happened and now we have one upset mother and three angry sons. Calling Moonpig on their help line gets you onto (chargeable) hold for so long you hang up - there are no clues how long you'll wait. They do not respond to emails, their customer service form or feedback.

Getting the money refunded doesn't really do it. The point of the gift was to delight our Mum as their lovely ads point out, on the day! Though we didn't incur additional costs, more the upset. The tracking system suggests they have been at some "hub" for two days and are still there. So the update email saying they will be delivered today also looks like rubbish.

We can still write a letter to them, or carry on holding (we waited 30 mins yesterday and today with no answer). That cost another few quid!

Suggestions other than what's in the article welcome if anyone has dealt with Moonpig before. It's our last time with them, that's for sure!
    thanks, Mike.
    Originally posted by effingpot
    They're active on twitter (12 mins ago) - maybe try there?
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 27th Mar 17, 4:31 PM
    • 9,734 Posts
    • 7,759 Thanks
    lincroft1710

Getting the money refunded doesn't really do it. The point of the gift was to delight our Mum as their lovely ads point out, on the day!
    Originally posted by effingpot
    What would "do it"? Mother's Day has passed, they can't re-create the delight your mum would have experienced as she has already been disappointed. If they offer some form of compensation in addition to a refund it won't alter the way your mother felt on the day.
    • effingpot
    • By effingpot 27th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    effingpot
    Twitter worked - they seem to respond to that quicker than their customer support routes. They refunded the money and might send my Mum something extra to say sorry (my suggestion to them based on the comment above).
    thanks for the pointers :-)
    • Crunch5
    • By Crunch5 2nd May 17, 12:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Crunch5
    Hi all.

I'm going through a current court reclamation process as I had 6 missed deliveries (all on different days).

The online retailer is hiding behind their standard T&Cs which state that delivery is approximate. However, if their delivery agent confirms that delivery will occur on a fixed date (e.g. 2 May), I'm assuming that this then moves the whole contractual side away from estimated deliveries?

Any thoughts welcome especially how best to word my claim document to the court...

Many thanks
    • Checkerr
    • By Checkerr 5th Jun 17, 2:17 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Checkerr
    I ordered a bicycle tracker from integrated trackers website and I haven't heard anything yet........ not even an acknowledgement that my order was received. It's almost 2 weeks since I paid online now.

The payment was PayPal and I used my credit card. PayPal gave me a receipt and that is all. Nothing from the company. I have emailed them with my receipt number but no response. I de used to call the number today and it tells me the number is wrong. I am beginning to wonder if I will see the tracker or get my money back.

Any thoughts as to what I do next? Can the credit card company refund me ? Was this a scam?
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 5th Jun 17, 2:47 PM
    • 18,650 Posts
    • 15,550 Thanks
    wealdroam
    I ordered a bicycle tracker from integrated trackers website and I haven't heard anything yet........ not even an acknowledgement that my order was received. It's almost 2 weeks since I paid online now.

The payment was PayPal and I used my credit card. PayPal gave me a receipt and that is all. Nothing from the company. I have emailed them with my receipt number but no response. I de used to call the number today and it tells me the number is wrong. I am beginning to wonder if I will see the tracker or get my money back.

Any thoughts as to what I do next? Can the credit card company refund me ? Was this a scam?
    Originally posted by Checkerr
    What number did you call them on?

The number on their 'contact us' webpage is 020 7127 5082.

Use Paypal's Buyer Protection Scheme if you are looking for a refund.
    • vaderag
    • By vaderag 6th Oct 17, 1:58 PM
    • 257 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    vaderag
    Do these rules apply to service supply?

I have taken the day off today to await a broadband engineer to switch my broadband to BT. I received nothing to the contrary that it would be between 8 and 1pm, but calling BT they are saying that (for some reason) the order has been cancelled with the wholesaler...

What are my rights here as I am almost certainly going to need to take an extra day off for this
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,993Posts Today

6,456Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin