Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    scooter_aust
    BT Complaints & Escalation
    • 27th Sep 11, 4:30 PM
    BT Complaints & Escalation 27th Sep 11 at 4:30 PM
    I am currently having what I would call an "experiance" in the worst possible customer service and total lack of ownership I have ever experianced with BT.

Does anyone know how to get complaints resolved?

I am owed over £300 due to incorrect billing and after speaking to 7 differnet people at an average of 30-40 mins each over the last month I am no nearer getting things resolved.

any help would be appreciated.

Money SavingExpert Insert

If you're having trouble complaining Resolver might help you.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 13-10-2016 at 2:44 PM.
Page 54
    • boatman
    • By boatman 4th Jan 18, 12:10 PM
    • 3,704 Posts
    • 2,604 Thanks
    boatman
    I left BT on 6/12/17 as prices were going up. After speaking to someone at BT before leaving I was Reassured (& as stated on Martin Lewis website) that the line rental saver pro rata would be refunded automatically because I was leaving due to BT putting up their prices (This amounted to over £100).

After 5 phone calls, false promises of BT phoning me/emailing me & assurances of the refund nothing has happened.

So no refund has been received and we keep being fobbed of.

I have been left feeling angry and frustrated at the injustice and poor customer service.
    Originally posted by Chezza66
    Email a complaint in with this link:
    https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/5642,5676
    Last edited by boatman; 04-01-2018 at 12:11 PM. Reason: ii
    • bispet182
    • By bispet182 6th Feb 18, 11:05 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bispet182
    I have spent many years (and hours on the phone) complaining to BT about their service They were the only company we could use for many years but with competition they became more competitive and we returned to them a year ago (almost). Very stupidly I misunderstood the billing and cancelled before the end of the contract. I have to accept my error and so I lose the last month of my Line Rental Saver (no refund) and the Broadband for a month but I have also been charged £55.00 for the router which I neither needed nor wanted. The router is still sealed in the package it arrived in and BT are now asking me to send it back!
    • Lyptus
    • By Lyptus 6th Feb 18, 7:24 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lyptus
    BT final account problem
    Have had a whole catalogue of errors by BT relating to closure of account when I switched to Plusnet following BT's price rises.
    - incorrect charge for early termination
    - billed for forward line rental & BB for the month after the termination date
    - submitted direct debit to my bank despite it having been cancelled on BT instruction

Currently, 2.5 weeks after switch and after multiple phone calls, my online account shows a credit, but then large red warnings -"Bill Overdue ..... We will pass your bill to a debt collection agency..."

On the phone they insist they cannot manually intervene into the account to correct it. I actually owe them for the last month's calls, which I am happy to pay, but only when they correct the account
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,994Posts Today

9,836Users online

Martin's Twitter