Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    scooter_aust
    BT Complaints & Escalation
    • 27th Sep 11, 4:30 PM
    BT Complaints & Escalation 27th Sep 11 at 4:30 PM
    I am currently having what I would call an "experiance" in the worst possible customer service and total lack of ownership I have ever experianced with BT.

Does anyone know how to get complaints resolved?

I am owed over £300 due to incorrect billing and after speaking to 7 differnet people at an average of 30-40 mins each over the last month I am no nearer getting things resolved.

any help would be appreciated.

Money SavingExpert Insert

If you're having trouble complaining Resolver might help you.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 13-10-2016 at 2:44 PM.
Page 52
    • lucifee
    • By lucifee 12th Feb 17, 12:24 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    lucifee
    Anyone having issues with BT phone/broadband can cancel the contract because of the price rises coming in April.

Please note, BT have now agreed to repay unused line rental saver, and confirmed you do not need to send back equipment if you are leaving because of the price rise.
    Originally posted by boatman
    Thanks boatman

Thats really helpful info, I may be using that very soon

I will still have to get them to find payments before they can return them, and find what the past 3 monthly fees were for as they were way higher than they should have been, but thats great news that as soon as i can sort that i should be able to get out without the cancellation fee which was an added worry.
    • sharpshot
    • By sharpshot 12th Feb 17, 4:42 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    sharpshot
    BT have been charging me line rental since May last year even though I paid upfront. Have to contact them every month to get my bill corrected. Decided to leave when they raised prices. I go an email telling me that I had to pay £65.00 for broadband equipment charges and that I couldn't get back any of my line rental payment. After speaking to them on the phone, I wont have to pay the £65 and I will get back some of the line rental.

Will be great to finally be rid of them and not have to waste my time contacting them every month. I have never experienced this before, they seem totally incapable of fixing things when they go wrong.
    • Yogi2000
    • By Yogi2000 20th Feb 17, 10:33 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Yogi2000
    10 months in and still waiting for my broadband Installation - am I the longest?

I contracted to BT for my broadband in May 2016 (note I have now to start putting which year on) installed was planned for June 2016.

For the last 9 months I have been billed for calls even though I am on an anytime call plan - apparently this does not work until my broadband is installed so every month I have to phone and ask for a credit, thankfully this just got solved just my CLI now going astray.

Can anybody help me where do I go to get some action, I have talked to many BT , Openreach and Openreach contractors all of whom have been very nice people and are happy to blame people above them for total incompetent way this installation has been handled and grumbles by contractors who are replacing perfectly good poles, added metal stays etc.

All well and good but I want my BROADBAND INSTALLED PLEASE

Can anyone help?
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 20th Feb 17, 12:10 PM
    • 9,370 Posts
    • 3,824 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Its BT you deal with not OR .
    Have you used your BT Members forum ??
    Found via BT Help .
    • JohnHL
    • By JohnHL 23rd Mar 17, 7:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JohnHL
    Where can you move to?
    The problem we face is that BT owns such a high proportion of broadband service providers, certainly including EE & Plusnet; but I do not know how many more.
    Last year BT made a pre-tax profit of nearly £3.5 billion - that's right: billion, not million. The tax the government collects from that, means that they will allow BT to more or less treat their customers as they please.
    • Sen Kelly
    • By Sen Kelly 21st Apr 17, 2:27 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sen Kelly
    I have had COUNTLESS issues with BT. My home account with BT is in my husbands name because that is the name they decided to put on the account. Despite the fact that the bills come out of a joint account and I deal with all the finances.

Last November we took out mobile phones with BT under a deal where we got a £150 Amazon voucher as part of the deal. We were asked to wait for 30 days for the voucher to be issues. Guess what, go on... you'll never guess...... we never received the voucher.

I called to discuss it with them (it was me who took out the mobile phones, not my husband) and they told me what they would not discuss it with me as I was not the account holder. The reason however, that I had been allowed to take out 2 mobile phones on the account was that my husband had a time period to cancel had it been fraudulent..... wow!

I have called and called and to no avail. I then asked them if they wouldn't speak to me, to call my husband, despite the fact that this is very difficult because he has 2 toddlers with him during the day while I work which is why I deal with everything. I am more free to discuss these things. They apparently tried to call, despite my husband receiving no calls. He finally did speak to someone when he called in and they said they would refer it to their 'mis-selling department' (it speaks volumes that this company needs a whole department for this!) and they would be in touch. Guess what - they never got in touch.

We then got a letter from a guy called David saying as we had not been in touch, he would hold the complaint for a further 2 weeks and then close it as resolved if we made no contact. We have tried to call this person time and again and it goes straight to voicemail. We leave messages and guess what, they never call back!

Sick to death of BT being so wilfully obstinate. I am tempted to just stop paying the bills and see how quickly they get in touch then. I have never come across such poor communication from a communications company.

We are still no further to having it resolved almost 5 months on. Watchdog will be my next course of action probably if I don't get a response to this post. I have tried everything else!
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 21st Apr 17, 6:38 PM
    • 9,370 Posts
    • 3,824 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    (I am tempted to just stop paying the bills and see how quickly they get in touch then.)

Question is how quickly will they pass the outstanding amount to debt collectors .

BT don't respond on here .
    Have you been through your members account help pages .
    Contact us/ Complaint or the BT Users forum .
    • Godiva500
    • By Godiva500 17th May 17, 9:53 AM
    • 418 Posts
    • 838 Thanks
    Godiva500
    Contravening disability act by BT
    BT have made a clear breach of the disability discrimination act in my case, after taking advice from the necessary authorities to confirm this. I took my case to the Ombudsman, who were extremely rude and aggressive, who found in their favour. What a surprise, when they are funded by BT, and must have hundreds of complaints to deal with against BT, on a daily basis. I am now taking it further.
    Over the last 2 years, BT have told endless lies, not provided any email service, failed to rectify any shortcomings of their service etc, and the Ombudsman thought that £50 and an apology as a gesture of good will, was enough. NO WAY!
    • Lapua65
    • By Lapua65 16th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lapua65
    Seriously unbelievable
    I can't actually believe I am in the situation I am in. I cancelled vodafone because when I signed up my mobile was vodafone and it was a good deal. As most of the Tennis seemed to be on BT sport I decided to switch to BT. VF were okay, but BT worked as cheaper option. Placed the order and was told I would be up and running by the 25th of April. Engineer called and connected me up (not sure why as VF use the same network as BT). Two days later the router arrived. Installed it and it was not working. Booked a call and 2 days later a chap arrived informing me they had connected me to the wrong cabinet and he would have to cease and re issue the routing. Since then I have callled and called and been told I had been escalated to Tier 3 who would give me a daily update. Well they called once and I have called then since.
    Since that point I have paid via DD £49. for nothing. I have no service and I have spent nearly £200 on sim cards so my daughter who is in the middle of her GCSEs and revises on online groups and uses these for video content. I work from home (this was a residential order) and have had to tether my phone using my mobile data. On the 9th of June I was called to say, all is well and I will be working no later than the 15th of June. I received a request in the post on the 15th asking for my equipment back (sorry but I have only received a router). Called the Tier 3 people today (these are the same people who are supposed to be calling me back daily for a progress update) to be told my account has been cancelled and I will have to place a new order. The earliest that will be active is the 23rd of June. When I asked to cancel I was told "no problem but that will be £122 cancellation fee and to be honest I would have paid that happily and avoided the cost of the mobile cards I have had to buy.

I am now beyond angry and have no option but to wait. By a country mile this is the worst experience I have ever had with a utility service and it had truly cost me hundreds of pounds

Does anyone know where you escalate to from the tier 3 team?
    • PeterR291
    • By PeterR291 20th Jun 17, 4:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PeterR291
    Bad broadband in the evening
    Having worked for a supplier of broadband modems , one problem like this we came across in the evenings was due to wiring inside the house. In one case the the phone line ran down the wall close to a dimmer switch - in the evening the dimmer switch was on. It works by turning the current to the light on and off very rapidly and creates interference on the phone line which the modem can't cope with. So no broadband - however this may not be exactly your problem, but I would suspect a problem with wiring in the house. Hope this helps.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,218Posts Today

9,180Users online

Martin's Twitter