Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 27th Sep 11, 10:30 AM
    • 6,389Posts
    • 19,292Thanks
    Doc N
    Solar energy - e.on (and other) Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?
    • 27th Sep 11, 10:30 AM
    Solar energy - e.on (and other) Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences? 27th Sep 11 at 10:30 AM
    Most people who've installed solar panels in the last 18 months or so will be claiming Feed-in tariff payments from electricity suppliers.

Some suppliers are paying fairly quickly after the claim goes in - but some aren't. E.on, for example, used to pay within a few days but are now delaying payments for up to a month.

Great for companies' cashflow - but not for the individuals claiming.

Experiences with various companies shared here would be useful in helping people to decide which company to go with - and whether to switch away from companies that delay payments due.
    Last edited by Doc N; 16-07-2012 at 7:25 PM.
Page 57
    • legoman62
    • By legoman62 21st Feb 17, 3:46 PM
    • 2,176 Posts
    • 11,016 Thanks
    legoman62
    Sent my FIT reading in on Tues evening, money in the bank this morning

Four working days! Nice work E.ON
    E Coast. 16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch.
    Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. N.E Lincs Coast. Hybrid car
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON FIT Payments
    Sent my FIT reading in on Tues evening, money in the bank this morning

Four working days! Nice work E.ON
    Originally posted by legoman62
    Nice one legoman62. Glad the payment came through so quickly.

Thanks for posting.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Rheumatoid
    • By Rheumatoid 22nd Feb 17, 12:23 PM
    • 374 Posts
    • 1,141 Thanks
    Rheumatoid
    Nice one legoman62. Glad the payment came through so quickly.

Thanks for posting.

Malc
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    How easy is it to change FiT supplier
    16 Panel (250W JASolar) 4kWp, facing 170 degrees, 40 degree slope, Solis Inverter, Geo Solo II Monitor. Installed 29/9/2015 - £4700 (Norfolk Solar Together Scheme)
    Year target (PVGIS-CMSAF) = 3880kWh - Installer estimate 3452 kWh; Year 1 Actual = 4152kWh; Year 2 Actual =4169
    E.ON Feed in Tariffs
    How easy is it to change FiT supplier
    Originally posted by Rheumatoid
    Hello Rheumatoid and can't speak for other suppliers but, with us, FIT applications take about 8 weeks to go through. Applications can be made through our website where there's a form to fill in and a lot more information about what's involved.

We do, though, only accept applications from existing E.ON customers unless the current supplier isn't a mandatory FIT Licensee or if the customer isn't connected to the national grid.

After some initial checks and if all's okay, we'll ask for a reading for the day we received the application. Once we have this, we'll register the details and send our FIT welcome pack. This includes the FIT acceptance plan and T&C's. These need signing and returning within 10 days by either post or email.

Hope this is of interest Rheumatoid. For more information, we've dedicated FIT teams available from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and between 8am and 4pm Saturdays.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • nobby1963
    • By nobby1963 2nd Mar 17, 6:37 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 337 Thanks
    nobby1963
    EDF Super Fast again ..
    Hi All,

I submitted my latest FIT meter reading yesterday 1st March and this afternoon I have had my email from EDF notifying me of my BACS payment.

Credit where credit is due, they really have got their FIT payment process sorted and can't see how they can be beaten. This is not a one off either, as I have posted each quarter now for some years they are very consistent.

Well done EDF and stroll on the summer and some decent sunshine !

Nobby.
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 4th May 17, 8:21 AM
    • 559 Posts
    • 1,447 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Prompt payment by EDF again; submitted reading on 1st May, BACS notification on 2nd May & payment in account overnight last night available today!
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30° pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    + Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    • legoman62
    • By legoman62 19th May 17, 7:51 PM
    • 2,176 Posts
    • 11,016 Thanks
    legoman62
    Well done E.ON FIT payment in my bank in 4 working days
    Poor quarter, but over £500.00 back on my initial outlay
    E Coast. 16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch.
    Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. N.E Lincs Coast. Hybrid car
    E.ON FIT Payments
    Well done E.ON FIT payment in my bank in 4 working days
    Poor quarter, but over £500.00 back on my initial outlay
    Originally posted by legoman62
    Nice one legoman62. Glad it all went through without delay.

Malc
    • nobby1963
    • By nobby1963 22nd Jun 17, 3:16 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 337 Thanks
    nobby1963
    Edf
    Hi All,
    Bit behind in posting due to a scorchio 3 week holiday in Crete .....

Submitted my FIT reading on 1st June to EDF and received the BACS email back on the 5th ( the 1st was a Thursday and 5th the following Monday ).

£636 this quarter, the lowest compared to the same quarter in each of the last 6 years.

Hopefully this quarter will make it better .....

Cheers

Nobby.
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
    • manda1205
    • By manda1205 22nd Jun 17, 3:37 PM
    • 2,330 Posts
    • 6,489 Thanks
    manda1205
    Submitted reading on 16th June, payment into bank 22nd June. That's with eon.
    E.ON FIT Readings
    Submitted reading on 16th June, payment into bank 22nd June. That's with eon.
    Originally posted by manda1205
    Great stuff manda1205. Glad you've received your payment and thanks for posting.

Malc
    • warrenb
    • By warrenb 1st Jul 17, 9:25 AM
    • 123 Posts
    • 351 Thanks
    warrenb
    Good Energy getting worse
    Submitted my fit reading 19th June.
    Received an email saying reading not submitted as seemed to low and to send new reading before end of June as reading taken in July cannot be submitted.
    My panels face ese so are always slightly lower.
    The other problem is I received this email this morning on the 1St July.
    Living in supposedly sunny Kent
    14*285 JA Solar Percium Panels
    Solis 4kw inverter
    ESE facing with a 40 degree slope
    • orrery
    • By orrery 1st Jul 17, 12:07 PM
    • 527 Posts
    • 445 Thanks
    orrery
    Submitted my fit reading 19th June.
    Received an email saying reading not submitted as seemed to low and to send new reading before end of June as reading taken in July cannot be submitted.
    My panels face ese so are always slightly lower.
    The other problem is I received this email this morning on the 1St July.
    Originally posted by warrenb
    Who is this with?

Always photograph the meter when you take the reading - I had the problem of my reading being questioned in the early days and I always forwarded the photograph and that was fine.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TL, SolarImmersion
    Nissan Leaf, TADO Central Heating control
    • pinnks
    • By pinnks 1st Jul 17, 7:00 PM
    • 533 Posts
    • 1,181 Thanks
    pinnks
    E.On have done a good one again Submitted reading very late on 25 June and money in the bank on 30 June . Seems very reasonable to me.
    Wiltshire - 5.25kWp
    3.5kWp: 14 x Phono Solar 250 Onyx, Sunny Boy 4000TL, WSW 40 degrees, June 2013
    1.75kWp: 7 x Phono Solar 250 Onyx, Sunny Boy 1600TL, SSE 45 degrees, March 2014
    E.ON FIT Payments
    E.On have done a good one again Submitted reading very late on 25 June and money in the bank on 30 June . Seems very reasonable to me.
    Originally posted by pinnks
    Nice one pinnks. Glad we're looking after you.

Malc
    • michaels
    • By michaels 6th Jul 17, 12:33 PM
    • 19,745 Posts
    • 90,184 Thanks
    michaels
    Hi Malc

Eon have just said they will have to change my usage not generation meter as it is old - will this impact on my PV payments in any way (disclaimer First Utility make my fit payments not EON but eon are my current supplier)

Thanks

Follow up question - if Eon fit a smart meter will this support a switch to E7 if I decide that works better financially or does this still require a different meter again?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • theboylard
    • By theboylard 6th Jul 17, 1:56 PM
    • 1,131 Posts
    • 2,759 Thanks
    theboylard
    Hi Malc

Eon have just said they will have to change my usage not generation meter as it is old - will this impact on my PV payments in any way (disclaimer First Utility make my fit payments not EON but eon are my current supplier)
    Originally posted by michaels
    No effect at all - 2 very different things and "should" have no bearing on each other.
    Follow up question - if Eon fit a smart meter will this support a switch to E7 if I decide that works better financially or does this still require a different meter again?
    They'll fit like for like meter - if you want E7 meter then you'll have to specify and change to an E7 plan, as most companies cannot cope with an E7 split reading meter on a normal plan.

Source: personal experience of useless companies saying one thing and then not being able to do it - could have got very expensive and was stressfully unneccessary.
    4kWp, SSE, 16 x 250w EcoFuture BoB with retro-fitted SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 6th Jul 17, 2:12 PM
    • 19,745 Posts
    • 90,184 Thanks
    michaels
    Thanks TBL
    Cool heads and compromise
    E.ON Meters
    Hi Malc

Thanks

Originally posted by michaels
    Hello michaels and to confirm theboylard's excellent advice, changing your import meter will have no impact on your PV payments. The import meter only measures the amount of electricity taken from the Grid.

Also agree with theboylard, the meter will be changed on a like for like basis unless you tell us differently. At the moment, not all homes are suitable for smart meters but, if yours is, we'll let you know. Smart meters are optional and you can turn any offer down. If you do, we'll fit a conventional meter.

Smart meters come as either a single rate or Economy 7. With us, if you have Economy 7, you can still go on a single rate tariff. No need to change the meter. We add the day and night usage together and charge it all at the one price. Not all suppliers do this and, if you later decide to switch, some will ask to change the meter before letting you go on a single rate tariff with an Economy 7 meter.

Hope this explains michaels. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    E.ON Meters
    No effect at all - 2 very different things and "should" have no bearing on each other.
    They'll fit like for like meter - if you want E7 meter then you'll have to specify and change to an E7 plan, as most companies cannot cope with an E7 split reading meter on a normal plan.

Source: personal experience of useless companies saying one thing and then not being able to do it - could have got very expensive and was stressfully unneccessary.
    Originally posted by theboylard
    Excellent advice theboylard. Thank you. Just to let you know, with us, customers can have single rate tariffs even if they've an Economy 7 meter. As above, we add the day and night usage together and charge it all at the one price. No need to change the meter. If registered with our website, they can do these switches online in only a few 'clicks.'

As I mentioned above, not all suppliers do this and some ask to change the meter first.

Hope this is of interest theboylard.

Malc
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,193Posts Today

6,565Users online

Martin's Twitter