Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Techie Stuff > Tiscali/TalkTalk mail not working (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Tiscali/TalkTalk mail not working
Closed Thread
Views: 2,634
# 1
iltisman
Old 26-09-2011, 9:34 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Tiscali/TalkTalk mail not working

I doubt it is just me Tiscali/TalkTalk mail server seems to have fallen over.
# 2
Torry Quine
Old 26-09-2011, 9:35 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Me too. When it does work e-mails go into the wrong folder.
"How many times I have desired to gather your children as a hen that gathers her chicks and you were not willing!” Luke 13:34

"When the day shall come, that we do part," he said softly, and turned to look at me, "if my last words are not 'I love you'--- ye'll ken it was because I didna have time." (Diana Gabaldon- Fiery Cross)
# 3
elsien
Old 26-09-2011, 9:36 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Yep, can't get into my webmail at the moment either. It was working ok earlier though.
# 4
flashg67
Old 26-09-2011, 9:39 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Yep,me too!
# 5
SimBall
Old 27-09-2011, 6:59 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Same here

It's been off since yesterday. Is it affecting all parts of the UK? I'm in Soith Wales? On the service status page it says there's been multiple alarms in the Southern region and that's it.
# 6
scheming_gypsy
Old 27-09-2011, 7:33 AM
PPR

I've still had nothing through on my BlackBerry - not had chance to check Outlook and can't get webmail at work... So it does seem to be affecting all regions as I'm up North. Although as it's mail servers it shouldn't be regional
# 7
tranmererovers
Old 27-09-2011, 8:26 AM

Still not working for me today
It's easier to get forgiveness than to ask permission
# 8
iltisman
Old 27-09-2011, 8:43 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I am fed up with this is, are there any downsides to having multiple GMAIL acounts.
# 9
scheming_gypsy
Old 27-09-2011, 8:49 AM
PPR

it doesn't matter who provides your email, they've all got the same chance of having issues.
# 10
TalkTalk Company Representative
Old 28-09-2011, 3:10 PM
Awaiting Authorisation
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hi All,

We were aware of an outage affecting @tiscali.co.uk addresses on the TalkTalk platform.

This is in the process of being resolved and customer shave reported restoration of emails.

If customers are still experiencing issues I welcome you to join the TalkTalk members Forum and we can investigate into these for you.

Regards

Mark
“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
# 11
debitcardmayhem
Old 28-09-2011, 3:55 PM

Location: Depriving a village of an Idiot, whilst waiting for a call from Heaven or Hell re my future

Oh dear , I am just about to sign up for TT , still isp mail really is not my thing, GMX/Google/Yahoo/Live and my own Domain
Be careful what you wish for -
I thought
Quote:
I could do with a stroke of luck so I can stop working
So I had a stroke and have not worked since. Lucky? , you figure

# 12
Old 29-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Awaiting Authorisation
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hi Debitcard,

Just to clarify the mail server affected is only for @tiscali.co.uk email addresses. These are no longer issued to customers singing up to TalkTalk as it is only relevant to customers who have migrated from tiscali as part of the Tiscali integration, but were able to retain the @tiscali.co.uk address.

We are looking at migrating the @tiscali.co.uk email addresses to the same platform as the @talktalk.net addresses but new connections would be automatically on the @talktalk.net mail servers therefore unaffected by the below issues.

Regards

Mark
I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
# 13
Old 30-09-2011, 4:04 PM
Awaiting Authorisation
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hi All,

As requested if affected customers wish to join the Members Forum we have more information, in a notification, on the Members Site.

We are aware that the current mail issues are still ongoing intermittently when accessing via mail clients. In the meantime you can access your emails via the Webmail platform on the TT site.

Regards

Mark
# 14
scheming_gypsy
Old 30-09-2011, 6:54 PM
PPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkTalk Company Representative View Post

We are looking at migrating the @tiscali.co.uk email addresses to the same platform as the @talktalk.net addresses but new connections would be automatically on the @talktalk.net mail servers therefore unaffected by the below issues.

Regards

Mark

does that mean you're just migrating server or we'd end up with @talktalk.net email addresses rather than @tiscali.co.uk?
I'd prefer to keep a .co.uk email address rather than a .net address, .net and other crappy extensions just sound like they're being ran by a crazy man in his shed.
# 15
elsien
Old 30-09-2011, 9:00 PM

I'm having a problem with accessing the tiscali webmail - it's crashing internet explorer every time I go into it on my laptop. Anyone else having a problem?
# 16
Old 04-10-2011, 1:46 PM
Awaiting Authorisation
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hi Screaming Gypsy,

We do not have specific confirmation at present if the intention is to retain the @tiscali.co.uk suffix. However it is likely that this will be the case as I anticipate not all current @tiscali email address can be migrated to an exact match @talktalk.net (for example common names such as Dave will likely already be taken on @talktalk.net addresses, as such retaing the @tiscali.co.uk address would be easier).

I will look to obtain some confirmation on this to advise.

Elsien - If you join the TalkTalk Members Forum we can assist you further with any issues your having. We are aware of issues accessing @tiscali mail via Mail Clients but accessing via Webmail should be ok so this warrents further investigation.

Regards

Mark
# 17
Ivalore
Old 04-10-2011, 3:53 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I have a tiscali mail address, but luckily and currently I'm not effected.

Talk Talk are great broadband provider and the service is great.
Closed Thread