Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • iltisman
    • By iltisman 26th Sep 11, 9:34 PM
    • 1,894Posts
    • 1,949Thanks
    iltisman
    Tiscali/TalkTalk mail not working
    • 26th Sep 11, 9:34 PM
    Tiscali/TalkTalk mail not working 26th Sep 11 at 9:34 PM
    I doubt it is just me Tiscali/TalkTalk mail server seems to have fallen over.
Page 1
    • Torry Quine
    • By Torry Quine 26th Sep 11, 9:35 PM
    • 15,833 Posts
    • 23,567 Thanks
    Torry Quine
    • 26th Sep 11, 9:35 PM
    • 26th Sep 11, 9:35 PM
    Me too. When it does work e-mails go into the wrong folder.
    A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out, till he has brought justice through to victory.

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving . Albert Einstein.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 26th Sep 11, 9:36 PM
    • 12,440 Posts
    • 29,479 Thanks
    elsien
    • 26th Sep 11, 9:36 PM
    • 26th Sep 11, 9:36 PM
    Yep, can't get into my webmail at the moment either. It was working ok earlier though.
    • flashg67
    • By flashg67 26th Sep 11, 9:39 PM
    • 1,738 Posts
    • 1,144 Thanks
    flashg67
    • 26th Sep 11, 9:39 PM
    • 26th Sep 11, 9:39 PM
    Yep,me too!
  • SimBall
    • 27th Sep 11, 6:59 AM
    Same here
    • 27th Sep 11, 6:59 AM
    It's been off since yesterday. Is it affecting all parts of the UK? I'm in Soith Wales? On the service status page it says there's been multiple alarms in the Southern region and that's it.
  • scheming_gypsy
    • 27th Sep 11, 7:33 AM
    • 27th Sep 11, 7:33 AM
    I've still had nothing through on my BlackBerry - not had chance to check Outlook and can't get webmail at work... So it does seem to be affecting all regions as I'm up North. Although as it's mail servers it shouldn't be regional
  • tranmererovers
    • 27th Sep 11, 8:26 AM
    • 27th Sep 11, 8:26 AM
    Still not working for me today
    It's easier to get forgiveness than to ask permission
    • iltisman
    • By iltisman 27th Sep 11, 8:43 AM
    • 1,894 Posts
    • 1,949 Thanks
    iltisman
    • 27th Sep 11, 8:43 AM
    • 27th Sep 11, 8:43 AM
    I am fed up with this is, are there any downsides to having multiple GMAIL acounts.
  • scheming_gypsy
    • 27th Sep 11, 8:49 AM
    • 27th Sep 11, 8:49 AM
    it doesn't matter who provides your email, they've all got the same chance of having issues.
  • TalkTalk Company Representative
    Hi All,

We were aware of an outage affecting @tiscali.co.uk addresses on the TalkTalk platform.

This is in the process of being resolved and customer shave reported restoration of emails.

If customers are still experiencing issues I welcome you to join the TalkTalk members Forum and we can investigate into these for you.

Regards

Mark
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 28th Sep 11, 3:55 PM
    • 7,607 Posts
    • 5,788 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    Oh dear , I am just about to sign up for TT , still isp mail really is not my thing, GMX/Google/Yahoo/Live and my own Domain
    The faceless forum team said
    I'm afraid we had to remove your signature. It was felt that it could be upsetting to other users who had a stroke.
    But removing said signature upsets someone who has had one, ergo yours truly, and has still never received an explanation as to who felt it could be upsetting and why...Let alone the terrible grammar
    Hi Debitcard,

Just to clarify the mail server affected is only for @tiscali.co.uk email addresses. These are no longer issued to customers singing up to TalkTalk as it is only relevant to customers who have migrated from tiscali as part of the Tiscali integration, but were able to retain the @tiscali.co.uk address.

We are looking at migrating the @tiscali.co.uk email addresses to the same platform as the @talktalk.net addresses but new connections would be automatically on the @talktalk.net mail servers therefore unaffected by the below issues.

Regards

Mark
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Hi All,

As requested if affected customers wish to join the Members Forum we have more information, in a notification, on the Members Site.

We are aware that the current mail issues are still ongoing intermittently when accessing via mail clients. In the meantime you can access your emails via the Webmail platform on the TT site.

Regards

Mark
  • scheming_gypsy

We are looking at migrating the @tiscali.co.uk email addresses to the same platform as the @talktalk.net addresses but new connections would be automatically on the @talktalk.net mail servers therefore unaffected by the below issues.

Regards

Mark
    Originally posted by TalkTalk Company Representative

does that mean you're just migrating server or we'd end up with @talktalk.net email addresses rather than @tiscali.co.uk?
    I'd prefer to keep a .co.uk email address rather than a .net address, .net and other crappy extensions just sound like they're being ran by a crazy man in his shed.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 30th Sep 11, 9:00 PM
    • 12,440 Posts
    • 29,479 Thanks
    elsien
    I'm having a problem with accessing the tiscali webmail - it's crashing internet explorer every time I go into it on my laptop. Anyone else having a problem?
    Hi Screaming Gypsy,

We do not have specific confirmation at present if the intention is to retain the @tiscali.co.uk suffix. However it is likely that this will be the case as I anticipate not all current @tiscali email address can be migrated to an exact match @talktalk.net (for example common names such as Dave will likely already be taken on @talktalk.net addresses, as such retaing the @tiscali.co.uk address would be easier).

I will look to obtain some confirmation on this to advise.

Elsien - If you join the TalkTalk Members Forum we can assist you further with any issues your having. We are aware of issues accessing @tiscali mail via Mail Clients but accessing via Webmail should be ok so this warrents further investigation.

Regards

Mark
  • Ivalore
    I have a tiscali mail address, but luckily and currently I'm not effected.

Talk Talk are great broadband provider and the service is great.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,183Posts Today

6,896Users online

Martin's Twitter