Tesco misprices and discussion (Thread 12)

Comments

• Hi all
    My first post so am a bit nervous in case I make a faux pas! I picked up a great bargain in T's, Lydney today. Staedler Fineliners, pack of 10 for £1.00, Staedtler colour pens, pack of 10 for £1.00 and Staedtler Ergosoft pencils, pack of 12 for £1.50.
    They all usually sell for about £6.50 each. I haven't seen them for this price elsewhere but the SEL stated £1 or £1.50 for the pencils. Lovely stocking fillers! Hope this can benefit someone else!
  • artha
    artha Posts: 5,254 Forumite
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Dont know why csa wanted name and postcode, but I would have made one up. I know some shops ask for that or you to sign something when you get a refund, but I have never been asked in Tesco (to date), Maybe they may start to keep a record - either way, they wont get my real details.

They always used to do this. Needless to say in the days of rnr a certain Mr M.Mouse and friends used to do a lot of shopping at Tesco;)
    Awaiting a new sig
  • i picked up 2 disney princess aquadraw mini mats for 13p today in pboro, sel said 3.50
    Member #64 £2012 in 2012 challenge total so far: £714.54/£2012
  • Might be worth checking instore for the disney cars curtains seen a white SEL for £1.75 but shelf was empty hth xx
    On the countdown mortgage will be paid off this year if I keep paying bit extra fingers crossed fully paid out by July :j
  • ali_r_2
    ali_r_2 Posts: 211 Forumite
    Jojo1410 wrote: »
    Hi all
    My first post so am a bit nervous in case I make a faux pas! I picked up a great bargain in T's, Lydney today. Staedler Fineliners, pack of 10 for £1.00, Staedtler colour pens, pack of 10 for £1.00 and Staedtler Ergosoft pencils, pack of 12 for £1.50.
    They all usually sell for about £6.50 each. I haven't seen them for this price elsewhere but the SEL stated £1 or £1.50 for the pencils. Lovely stocking fillers! Hope this can benefit someone else!

what type of tescos was this in please? metro? express? home? extra? many thanks x
    Member of the HCSC
  • Hi All, took a visit to my local Haverhill standerd store last night, thought id managed to find some illoom ballons as there were two mixed packs hidden at the back of the box of pink ballons, but alas they scanned at full price. had the same problem with the mini fingers as i was told and shown by CS that they are in a different offer to the hobnobs :(

but a massive thanks you to whoever posted about the Head and shoulders scanning at £1.22 this is all my BF will use so i thought i would stock up, the old style classic clean 250ml packs had been moved to a different isle to the normal shampoo and were with other old packaged versions (itchy scalp etc) the SEL was £1.22 but for me they scanned at £2.44!!!!! yay free shampoo this was my first DTD and i was so nervous when he was only going to give JTD back and i had to say dont you give Double the Difference? wish i had picked up a few more, might go back tonight, there was loads left yesterday.
    Ok new year and a baby on the way I need to sort out my finances!
  • podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just been to Tesco's and bought a 1lt bottle of Baileys - posters were still up with it being on offer at £9.85 but apparently has gone back up to the normal price of £16 through the tills. Got double the difference back on it - so £12 off making it just £4 for a 1lt bottle :)
  • kimmy13
    kimmy13 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Found only one pack of balloons in Fulbourn, Cambridge.
  • screamer
    screamer Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    I just got 16 rolls of Classic White Andrex for £3.48 in a Tesco express. SEL said "any 4 for £3.50" but it actually should have said "any 2 for £3.50." The manager had to scan each pack but only charge me 87p per pack. 4 packs of 4 rolls, 87p per pack equals £3.48. Before getting to the till I asked another member of staff if there was any way there was a mistake on the SEL and she shrugged her shoulders and went back to doing what she was doing lol. Tesco just can't get the staff and in this instance I'm not complaining :-)
    Yaaay, I finally conned a man into making a honest woman of me. Even more shocking is that I can put the words "Happily" and "Married" into the same sentence and not have life insurance on my mind when I say it ;-)
  • kimmy13 wrote: »
    Found only one pack of balloons in Fulbourn, Cambridge.

ooo your local to me, do you use any other cambridge or surrounding tescos, we should keep each other informed of our finds :)
    Ok new year and a baby on the way I need to sort out my finances!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure