Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    Signing off electrical work
    • #1
    • 18th Sep 11, 9:24 PM
    Signing off electrical work 18th Sep 11 at 9:24 PM
    If I were to have electrical work completed in my house, including fuse box and re-wiring the kitchen by someone who wasn't able to sign it off......, what would my options be if and when we sold the house?
    Could I:
    1. Take out an indemnity policy on the work?
    2. Ask another electrician to sign it off?
    3. Deeply regret not getting the work done 'properly' in the first place?

    I am sure I remember reading something about paying the council to sign it off. However, I phoned them re the subject and they didn't have a clue about doing this for privately owned homes.

    Any constructive suggestions?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,738Posts Today

8,626Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Eeek did we forget to pay the meter? No power in MSE Towers - no phones - (appartently power down in whole central london)

  • Warning! Did you start Uni in or after 2012? If so govt mooting making your loans more costly. See RT to spread word

  • Solar panels are they worth it? Full analysis

  • Follow Martin