Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    valk_scot
    That last half inch....?
    • 13th Sep 11, 9:03 AM
    That last half inch....? 13th Sep 11 at 9:03 AM
    Does anyone else get as compulsive as me about using up that last half inch in the bottom of a jar of jam or bottle of hair conditioner? My family think it's very funny that mum will spend time in the morning scraping out the inside of the mayo jar for a last two sandwiches rather than open another jar that day, or that conditioner/shampoo bottles get turned upside down to get another hairwash or two out of them. I even rinse tins of food out with a tablespoonful of water to get the dregs out to add to the pan of food and yup, I do that thing with a teaspoon of vinegar in the ketchup bottle to get the last drop out too.

Now as I said, my family think it's funny that mum is such a skinflint. I just laugh back at them and say it's moneysaving. But then I got to wondering...how many other folk do the same? Am I really that mean?????
    Val.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,319Posts Today

5,978Users online

Martin's Twitter