Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Praise, Vent & Warnings > Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone? (Page 8)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?
Views: 130,210
# 141
fattybumble85
Old 05-12-2011, 4:42 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I've had a shocking experience with Yodel and my 75 Amazon order that is now god knows where. Someone called Jones signed for it - funnily enough there is no-one of that name in this building, hmm! And plus I was in at the time they supposedly delivered.
I've emailed Amazon today and told them that if Yodel is their preferred courier I will not be ordering from them again.

After my email to them I got a dispatch notice for my bargainous Nigella Christmas today and sadly that is being sent by Yodel. I might as well start looking for a replacement now as that will be another order I'll never receive. Glad I have nothing else waiting to be dispatched.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 142
gwapenut
Old 05-12-2011, 6:56 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_s View Post
Can the Forum moderators PLEASE get a message to Martin? There needs to be a National campaign about ALL the "delivery services" (i.e. NO deliveries, No Service at all). I previously had no luck getting deliveries from DHL or City Link and Now YODEL are similalry failing.
As customers who have paid for a delivery WHY are we asked to COllect our items?
I have had three packages due and failed deliveries in the last month all via YODEL. One Amazon market seller business who is refusing to deal with the issue, one from Lego and 2 direct Amazon sales. yes that doesn't add up, one of these is a returns collection to Amazon.
Yodel's website arranged the collection automatically but then I get an email from the company saying they wont collect till 2 days later than thier OWN SYSTEM booked it.
I did raise my issues with Amazon and they have sent the other item out by Royal mail. I'm still down by two purchases and one return. A Yodel driver even bullied my son (14) into signing for an item I had told the company to return to sender after they had failed to deliver within the promised 5 days. The company (YDOEL) have not replied to any contact I have made to them about this.

I am actively asking each online retailer BEFORE purchase who they post with and will now only buy an item if they will use the Royal Mail. YODEL do not deliver.
Report the amazon marketplace seller to trading standards and cite yodel as the delivery agent.

Last edited by gwapenut; 05-12-2011 at 7:00 PM.
# 143
gwapenut
Old 05-12-2011, 6:59 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by custardy View Post
you seem to be forgetting a small matter
the millions of people who are happy with the service they receive
the majority of people who post on forums will those with problems
If you dont like the service then don't use the companies offering it
So are you forgetting something I'm afraid ... all companies, good and bad, do have, as you say, at least a minority of unhappy customers who complain.

The difference between yodel and a good company is that good companies do not either encourage, or pressurise (jury's out on this one) their drivers to fabricate fictitious delivery records.

This is not purely a matter of statistics - yodel's management style is resulting in some delivery driversat least feeling the need to lie about the work they've preformed that day.
# 144
custardy
Old 05-12-2011, 7:05 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwapenut View Post
So are you forgetting something I'm afraid ... all companies, good and bad, do have, as you say, at least a minority of unhappy customers who complain.

The difference between yodel and a good company is that good companies do not either encourage, or pressurise (jury's out on this one) their drivers to fabricate fictitious delivery records.

This is not purely a matter of statistics - yodel's management style is resulting in some delivery driversat least feeling the need to lie about the work they've preformed that day.
and you think yodel are the only delivery company doing the same?
the difference between a 'good' company and Yodel can be as simple as how far along the route you live
The Following User Says Thank You to custardy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 145
gwapenut
Old 05-12-2011, 7:45 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by custardy View Post
and you think yodel are the only delivery company doing the same?
the difference between a 'good' company and Yodel can be as simple as how far along the route you live
I can only speak in previous comments of the lies I have been told by Yodel, but in this case I was responding about your reply to Mike_S who had stated 'There needs to be a National campaign about ALL the "delivery services"'.

I deliberately didn't use the phrase "good *delivery* company". If this is, as you imply, industry standard, then Mike_S isn't "forgetting something", he's absolutely correct in stating that there needs to be a national campaign against ALL delivery services.

Despite deliberately not using the phrase 'good delivery company', I later confused matters - I agree in hindsight it was badly worded in terms of using "drivers" as an example, but the analogy runs to all kinds of staff.

Last edited by gwapenut; 05-12-2011 at 7:48 PM.
# 146
custardy
Old 05-12-2011, 8:17 PM

Quote:
I can only speak in previous comments of the lies I have been told by Yodel, but in this case I was responding about your reply to Mike_S who had stated 'There needs to be a National campaign about ALL the "delivery services"'.

I deliberately didn't use the phrase "good *delivery* company". If this is, as you imply, industry standard, then Mike_S isn't "forgetting something", he's absolutely correct in stating that there needs to be a national campaign against ALL delivery services.

Despite deliberately not using the phrase 'good delivery company', I later confused matters - I agree in hindsight it was badly worded in terms of using "drivers" as an example, but the analogy runs to all kinds of staff.

and what do you think a national campaign would end in?
where do you think the likes of HDNL,yodel etc get their custom?
its price driven
customers dont want to pay(just look at the uproar on stamp prices) and businesses need the cheapest services to get custom.
the couriers need the lowest prices to get the contracts
# 147
gwapenut
Old 05-12-2011, 8:21 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

You're right, we should abolish all trading standards / office of fair trading activity and let all companies get away with everything. Because otherwise, companies like GroupOn wouldn't be able to advertise really cheap prices. Never mind the fact that not all price drops are realistic or all vouchers available, so long as customers get to buy not-as-advertised services at rock bottom prices, that's all that matters.
# 148
custardy
Old 05-12-2011, 8:25 PM

Quote:
You're right, we should abolish all trading standards / office of fair trading activity and let all companies get away with everything. Because otherwise, companies like GroupOn wouldn't be able to advertise really cheap prices. Never mind the fact that not all price drops are realistic or all vouchers available, so long as customers get to buy not-as-advertised services at rock bottom prices, that's all that matters.
I'm telling you where its at.
people are pushing to the lowest service levels through cost.
RM is going the same ways. cut,cut,cut and that's with a regulated service
boxes are ticked but the service drops
raising the standards is fine but it will come at a real cost.
Royal Mail SD has a high success rate (probably sitting 99%) but its far more expensive than a courier through a reseller
# 149
chris_griffiths_uk
Old 06-12-2011, 9:48 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile DX as an alternative.

Hi all

Unfortunately it is getting far to common for complaints to start piling up against Yodel and their customer services (or lack of).

Have you considered DX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelabel View Post
ive had shocking service via yodel too.

After waiting in all day I called them and they called the driver to be told was told that the driver couldnt get access.
I have cctv and was at the property all the time so knew that was a lie. I called them and told them so and strangly 10 minutes later the driver turned up and denied saying he couldnt get access. I called the retailer who checked their tracking system and it stated unable to get access too. I escalated it and the retailer (eurocarparts) was taking it up with yodel as they were not happy at all.

avoid them at all costs (yodel that is)
# 150
chris_griffiths_uk
Old 06-12-2011, 10:09 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Amazon

Unfortunately Yodel appear to currently be the preferred courier for Amazon. Hopefully that will change soon.

Try DX maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattybumble85 View Post
I've had a shocking experience with Yodel and my 75 Amazon order that is now god knows where. Someone called Jones signed for it - funnily enough there is no-one of that name in this building, hmm! And plus I was in at the time they supposedly delivered.
I've emailed Amazon today and told them that if Yodel is their preferred courier I will not be ordering from them again.

After my email to them I got a dispatch notice for my bargainous Nigella Christmas today and sadly that is being sent by Yodel. I might as well start looking for a replacement now as that will be another order I'll never receive. Glad I have nothing else waiting to be dispatched.
# 151
cwobbles
Old 06-12-2011, 12:25 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Has anyone got a list of service codes for the depots which get put on the back of missed delivery cards? It's really hard to do anything without it and without a delivery card on a returned to depot package (no comments to say delivery attempted or card left, house was occupied the whole time etc etc) the nightmare that is the Yodel "customer service" line really starts to wind me up! :P

I'm specifically after the Brighton depot code so I can at least try for redelivery..... where it went for 5 days I have no idea...

Status Date Time Signatory Branch Comments
Parcel returned to delivery depot 03/12/11 09:41 BRIGHTON SERVICE CENTRE
Out for delivery 28/11/11 08:45 BRIGHTON HOME DELIVERY
Passed to delivery courier 28/11/11 07:48 BRIGHTON SERVICE CENTRE
Arrived At Depot 28/11/11 07:09 BRIGHTON SERVICE CENTRE
Departed Depot 27/11/11 11:03 WEDNESBURY HUB
Arrived At Depot 27/11/11 11:00 WEDNESBURY HUB
Parcel data received awaiting coll. 27/11/11 SHEFFIELD SERVICE CENTRE

Last edited by cwobbles; 06-12-2011 at 12:29 PM.
# 152
howcanitbe
Old 06-12-2011, 12:36 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Having just read the comments about Yodel, I think I could have written many of them myself. Having ordered some items on a shop's website in the store itself, I was delighted to find that the same evening I had an email from them notifying me that the goods had been dispatched and were in one of Yodel's warehouses. Great service!
Yodel delivered unannounced on a Sunday morning whilst we were out but left a card explaining how to reschedule the delivery. I did this on their automated phone service for the day after, Monday. I was informed that the delivery would be between 7am and 7pm! They also asked for permission to save my phone number to which I agreed. I waited on the Monday- no show.
The next day, I rang the particular warehouse and was met with a frosty comment saying I should have used the automated service. When I asked about the delivery, I was told that it was in the van and en route. Asked if the driver would give me a call, I was told that the company did not issue company mobile phones and that the driver in question always had his own switched off thus rendering him incommunicado. It seems strange that they asked for my number and then never used it to contact me.
I am still waiting for our goods. It's only a day and a half late but we'll see! If my very brief encounter with Yodel is representative of their overall performance......well! I have made my feelings clear about them to the shop who is using them to deliver its goods. What they do about it is up to them of course. I know what I would do.
# 153
gwapenut
Old 07-12-2011, 8:30 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Here's your chance to feedback elsewhere and perhaps raise the profile ....

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...ery-chaos.html

Bear in mind Yodel's broken promises were evident well before the Xmas rush.
# 154
pinkteapot
Old 07-12-2011, 9:26 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

City Link now top my list of cr*p couriers.

Missed a delivery yesterday. Went online to reschedule. I am off work on Tuesday so wanted to rearrange for then. It only offered me Thursday, Friday or Monday. I phoned them up and asked if they could rearrange for Tuesday. "No, because after five days it will be returned to sender." Can you leave it in a safe place then? "No". Can you leave it with my neighbour? "No."

They told me to collect. Depot is 75 mins away - a two and a half hour round trip.

City Link then tell me that I should speak to the shop I ordered from as the shop can authorize them to redeliver on Tuesday.

How does that make sense? At least Parcel Force, Royal Mail and Yodel give you more than just three days as options when it comes to redelivery.

Ho hum, will speak to the shop today.

EDIT: Shop has sorted it - redelivery on Tuesday.

Last edited by pinkteapot; 07-12-2011 at 3:14 PM.
# 155
custardy
Old 07-12-2011, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkteapot View Post
City Link now top my list of cr*p couriers.

Missed a delivery yesterday. Went online to reschedule. I am off work on Tuesday so wanted to rearrange for then. It only offered me Thursday, Friday or Monday. I phoned them up and asked if they could rearrange for Tuesday. "No, because after five days it will be returned to sender." Can you leave it in a safe place then? "No". Can you leave it with my neighbour? "No."

They told me to collect. Depot is 75 mins away - a two and a half hour round trip.

City Link then tell me that I should speak to the shop I ordered from as the shop can authorize them to redeliver on Tuesday.

How does that make sense? At least Parcel Force, Royal Mail and Yodel give you more than just three days as options when it comes to redelivery.

Ho hum, will speak to the shop today.
because thats the contract terms the sender has set
The Following User Says Thank You to custardy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 156
Jo_Mc
Old 07-12-2011, 4:36 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Well I have two parcels which have been out for delivery with Yodel since 3.51am on Monday morning and there's no sign of them yet....
# 157
Delivery Driver
Old 07-12-2011, 7:14 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by howcanitbe View Post
Having just read the comments about Yodel, I think I could have written many of them myself. Having ordered some items on a shop's website in the store itself, I was delighted to find that the same evening I had an email from them notifying me that the goods had been dispatched and were in one of Yodel's warehouses. Great service!
Yodel delivered unannounced on a Sunday morning whilst we were out but left a card explaining how to reschedule the delivery. I did this on their automated phone service for the day after, Monday. I was informed that the delivery would be between 7am and 7pm! They also asked for permission to save my phone number to which I agreed. I waited on the Monday- no show.
The next day, I rang the particular warehouse and was met with a frosty comment saying I should have used the automated service. When I asked about the delivery, I was told that it was in the van and en route. Asked if the driver would give me a call, I was told that the company did not issue company mobile phones and that the driver in question always had his own switched off thus rendering him incommunicado. It seems strange that they asked for my number and then never used it to contact me.
I am still waiting for our goods. It's only a day and a half late but we'll see! If my very brief encounter with Yodel is representative of their overall performance......well! I have made my feelings clear about them to the shop who is using them to deliver its goods. What they do about it is up to them of course. I know what I would do.
We are not issued with a company phone and the idea that I would have to preadvise the people I am delivering to is totally impractical.I have been delivering 200+ parcels a day and to call even half of those would take at least an hour-time in which I should be delivering parcels.To pay clerical staff to do it would require an extra member of staff for every 4-5 drivers.This is never going to happen as it would be hugely expensive.
Unless you have paid for a timed delivery slot(3 hour windows eg 7-10,8-11 etc) then 7am-7pm is as good a guess as the person on the phone will be able to give you.
Your goods were attempted on sunday, so technicly not late through any fault of Yodel.
# 158
Doc N
Old 07-12-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delivery Driver View Post
We are not issued with a company phone and the idea that I would have to preadvise the people I am delivering to is totally impractical.I have been delivering 200+ parcels a day and to call even half of those would take at least an hour-time in which I should be delivering parcels.To pay clerical staff to do it would require an extra member of staff for every 4-5 drivers.This is never going to happen as it would be hugely expensive.
Unless you have paid for a timed delivery slot(3 hour windows eg 7-10,8-11 etc) then 7am-7pm is as good a guess as the person on the phone will be able to give you.
And yet DPD manage to do it - you get a 2 hour slot as part of the standard service. And it can't be that difficult (or expensive) to achieve, or Amazon wouldn't be using DPD.

Feedback to Amazon has, I gather, been excellent for DPD, reasonable for CityLink - but awful for Yodel. It won't take Amazon too long to decide what to do - they really do NOT like hacking off their customers.
# 159
Pipeorgandude
Old 08-12-2011, 12:16 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default YODELay

I've been waiting for a parcel from Dabs.com, since Friday 2nd December. Delivery time 2 to 3 days.
There was no delivery. There parcel tracking system says "No one to receive, card left".
We were home all day and the letter box was empty. I conclude that there was no attempt at all to make the delivery. A phone call to Yodelay raised a pleasant lady who re-booked the delivery for Tuesday 6th. Apparently it was not possible to deliver on Monday. Well, it's 8th December now, still nothing.
Dabs said they would chase it up, but I've had no feedback.
Dabs sent a satisfaction survey by email so I started to complete it. It must have a negativity detector in the software, as when I got to the final page, the "Close Window" button wouldn't work.
# 160
KxMx
Old 08-12-2011, 12:17 AM

Well I had some books sent via Yodel 36 hours ago and still waiting for tracking to kick in!