Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • InsideInsurance
    • By InsideInsurance 9th Sep 11, 9:22 AM
    • 22,217Posts
    • 11,386Thanks
    InsideInsurance
    Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?
    • 9th Sep 11, 9:22 AM
    Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone? 9th Sep 11 at 9:22 AM
    Bought from an online retailer purely because they do next day delivery and the next day is the only time someone will be available for delivery.

Call the retailer to place the order because I know delivery is difficult at my address due to security gates and a complex buzzer system. Retailer speaks to Yodel (ex-DHL part) for the order and instruct them to call me to gain access to the property.

I have to go out unexpectedly the next day so call the depot at 9am, they say they will send a message to the driver giving the wifes mobile as she will be in all day.

10:58 failed delivery message with online tracker, no calls made to either phone. 11:10 get through to the depot who try to call the driver but cant get through so say they left a message instructing the driver to redelivery and to call the depot to confirm instructions.

4pm still no call so call the depot again. They call the driver again. They say the driver has both the telephone numbers, is doing the last collections and will then redeliver. ETA for delivery 6pm ish

6:38pm Tracking updates to returned to depot. Call depot at 6:40 told that the driver probably didnt have telephone numbers. Then said about other messages and woman says her 3 colleagues had probably not done what they had said.

Offered before 11am delivery. Explain reason for paying for next day was to get it the next day not the day after because wife is going on holiday and I am out for long hours with work. I say that they can deliver before 8:30am or after 7:30pm as their website state 7-9 deliveries. She laughs, says their website lies too! 9:30 is the earliest to my area and 6pm the latest.

I tell them to return the item to the retailer as it will be 2 weeks before the next time someone can wait in all day. She says ok.

Next morning? 8:30 - parcel out for delivery.

Can a company get any more incompetent?

Does anyone know the email structure for their senior management team? firstname.lastname@yodel.co.uk bounces.
Page 32
    • Asghar
    • By Asghar 10th Apr 17, 4:23 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    Asghar
    not disputing that.. but on. regards to me not been able to make a complaint is utterly ridiculous.
    Originally posted by tania12
    Your complaint is with Virgin Mobile, tell them the parcel they sent you has not been received. It's their responsibility to deliver it to you via whatever means they choose.

With a tracking number so you can trace the parcel, you might think that you have a link with Yodel, but you do not.
    • tania12
    • By tania12 10th Apr 17, 4:47 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    tania12
    my whole point is that yodel have completely lied about it 3 times.. Virgin have already opened a case against yodel
    2015 wins - chocolates, mr pritt teddy, 4 x football tickets, ipad mini
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 10th Apr 17, 5:05 PM
    • 3,591 Posts
    • 3,634 Thanks
    DoaM
    We appreciate that Yodel are a bunch of clowns. But there's nothing you can do about it - Yodel can quite rightly ignore you as you are not their customer.

No point in blowing a gasket about it - it won't help in any way.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • tania12
    • By tania12 10th Apr 17, 5:09 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    tania12
    no maybe not.. but im only human and been peed off is natural.. wouldnt be so annoyed if they didn't lie about it
    • custardy
    • By custardy 10th Apr 17, 5:33 PM
    • 32,770 Posts
    • 27,502 Thanks
    custardy
    my whole point is that yodel have completely lied about it 3 times.. Virgin have already opened a case against yodel
    Not really. Yodel are cheap. As long as they work most of the time,VM will continue to use them.
    Standard customer service to tell you about a 'case' though.
    • tania12
    • By tania12 10th Apr 17, 6:22 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    tania12
    cheap or not cheap they still have a service to deliver..
    • custardy
    • By custardy 10th Apr 17, 9:08 PM
    • 32,770 Posts
    • 27,502 Thanks
    custardy
    cheap or not cheap they still have a service to deliver..
    Are you actually reading the words people post?
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 20th Apr 17, 11:07 AM
    • 24,212 Posts
    • 50,924 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Anyway, I came across this page and someone (apologies - can't remember the poster) further up in about 2011 offered an email address for Elaine Boyle as a contact. Her email address is...

Elaine.Boyle@yodel.co.uk

I thought I'd try and see if it was still valid and guess what! It is! Better still, she was in meetings for the day so helpfully left an automatic response with the email address below if anyone needs an urgent response!!

customercare@yodel.gnatta.com

Originally posted by Gitch69
    Bumping this helpful post - a 9 minute call to CS cost me a staggering £2.50. The webchat was helpfully terminated by the handler.

Yes, I have been well and truly Yodel'd.

Eta: both email addresses are alive and well, but Elaine Boyle has her OoO reply on atm.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • trevor2522
    • By trevor2522 22nd Jul 17, 10:56 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    trevor2522
    Virgin Media -- new router.

Goods left by Yodel with Remote Neighbour; No Card Left at my home to notify me.

Only found out by SMS. Found neighbour's address from Yodel's website.

Should have dropped me a card with location of dropped goods.

Did their online survey but no place to leave any comments.
    • issytm
    • By issytm 29th Jul 17, 11:35 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    issytm
    Mr Mike Cooper CEO

Email mike.cooper@yodel.co.uk
    • percymon
    • By percymon 4th Dec 17, 2:54 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    percymon
    Another Yodel disaster
    Booked Yodel to collect a parcel Wednesday evening, confirmed on the following morning that it would be collected Friday before 7pm. Text message confirming Friday am. All good so far !

Stayed in all day, but no update from Yodel and at 7pm I'm sat looking at the parcel in the living room, still waiting for collection. Checked website, only to find the driver collected it at 17:37 - oh yeah, really ?
    Tried help online, waste of time, Tried looking for a helpline number which i found and spent 5 minutes talking to an automated robot that could only tell me the same as the website tracking and no other options. Sent several message to @yodelonline via Twitter, all of which went unanswered. To add insult, they decided to turn off their helplines for the weekend ! More twitter messages sent over weekend, same disregard for customer service

So called them at 9am today, actually spoke to a human who said they needed to contact depot (Nant Garw Cardiff for reference), and would call back with recollection details (the original driver supposedly couldn't find the property - its a 10 year old small housing estate , thats been on google maps for 8 years - why driver couldn;t log as unable to collect, rather than lie is beyond me).

By 12 noon, no update so called helpline again - spoke to another person, put me on hold while they tried to call 8 different direct numbers they have for Nant Garw; yep, they couldn't get through. So 2 hours later i'm here looking for advice, but after seeing the length of this thread i think i know I'm probably better driving the parcel 150 miles myself than think Yodel will provide the service i've paid for.

Still no update, so email will go to Mike Cooper and Elaine Boyle this afternoon, maybe they are hiding un-contactable in Nant Garw ?

Thankfully MY customer is understanding that I'm trying to do what I can.
    • percymon
    • By percymon 5th Dec 17, 12:17 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    percymon
    Update, several calls yesterday with service complaints team trying to contact the collection depot yielded no response. Email to Mike Cooper and Elaine Boyle ( now Client Development ) yielded no response.
    Called again this morning, got nowhere other than asking to speak to service manager which resulted in being transferred to the yodeldirect robotic tracking line which still insists it’s been collected.

Email resent to Elaine / Mike which did get a response that she’d asked local depot manager to contact me. I just hope her email message finds a more positive response than the service team attempts.

6 days since service booked, 4 days since false collection and still looking at the parcel in my hallway.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 5th Dec 17, 1:04 PM
    • 32,770 Posts
    • 27,502 Thanks
    custardy
    book a cheap courier at their busiest time of the year.
    Most likely time to have problems.
    • percymon
    • By percymon 6th Dec 17, 8:50 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    percymon
    Originally posted by custardy
    A rather nieve statement since you have no idea what i paid, what item i was shipping at what value and what options i had available. Plus the courier companies know its peak time, if they can't deliver their service promise perhaps they shouldn't offer it in the first place.

Anyway on a positive note it appears that repeated emails to the senior board members eventually has some impact, so by 11am yesterday i'd had email responses and a call (from personal mobile with number) and email from the Sector Manager. Collection arranged for 2pm, driver was spot on time and the item is now at the delivery depot.

So not the best experience, but hopefully my customer gets their item today.

At this time of year there is a peak demand, I appreciate that, and no doubt all the big courier/transport companies hire additional agency drivers (who may differ in their professionalism). I wasn't too impressed by the original drivers lies but I was more disappointed by the horrid loop that I entered in trying to get a recollection.

Yodel have no idea whether next year i might send a thousand items, but on this basis I won;t risk my reputation with my customers by using them again.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 6th Dec 17, 4:35 PM
    • 32,770 Posts
    • 27,502 Thanks
    custardy
    A rather nieve statement since you have no idea what i paid, what item i was shipping at what value and what options i had available. Plus the courier companies know its peak time, if they can't deliver their service promise perhaps they shouldn't offer it in the first place.

Anyway on a positive note it appears that repeated emails to the senior board members eventually has some impact, so by 11am yesterday i'd had email responses and a call (from personal mobile with number) and email from the Sector Manager. Collection arranged for 2pm, driver was spot on time and the item is now at the delivery depot.

So not the best experience, but hopefully my customer gets their item today.

At this time of year there is a peak demand, I appreciate that, and no doubt all the big courier/transport companies hire additional agency drivers (who may differ in their professionalism). I wasn't too impressed by the original drivers lies but I was more disappointed by the horrid loop that I entered in trying to get a recollection.

Yodel have no idea whether next year i might send a thousand items, but on this basis I won;t risk my reputation with my customers by using them again.
    Originally posted by percymon
    Yes naive. What you paid is irrelevant.
    If you paid a lot,you also overpaid.
    • gwapenut
    • By gwapenut 11th Dec 17, 4:05 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 378 Thanks
    gwapenut
    You might expect schedule problems, but not for the courier to lie or mistakenly state that the parcel had been collected.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 11th Dec 17, 4:44 PM
    • 32,770 Posts
    • 27,502 Thanks
    custardy
    You might expect schedule problems, but not for the courier to lie or mistakenly state that the parcel had been collected.
    Originally posted by gwapenut
    I would expect like most parcel scanning systems they have limited selections.
    Eg they wont have not enough time/too much work as an option (likely the reality though) so will close off the track.
    • grayme-m
    • By grayme-m 11th Dec 17, 5:14 PM
    • 1,362 Posts
    • 824 Thanks
    grayme-m
    I would expect like most parcel scanning systems they have limited selections.
    Eg they wont have not enough time/too much work as an option (likely the reality though) so will close off the track.
    Am I missing something?

We've come to expect the courier to update the case as 'called, no answer', but to say it has been collected when it hasn't leaves them open to a claim of 'where's me parcel, pay me compo'?
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 11th Dec 17, 5:29 PM
    • 32,770 Posts
    • 27,502 Thanks
    custardy
    Am I missing something?

We've come to expect the courier to update the case as 'called, no answer', but to say it has been collected when it hasn't leaves them open to a claim of 'where's me parcel, pay me compo'?
    Originally posted by grayme-m
    I would doubt it given there would be no scan against the parcel.
    I'll say it again as folks seem to struggle.

Its the busiest time
    Its a budget courier
    Its more likely you will have an issue now, than other times.
    • sillyvixen
    • By sillyvixen 11th Dec 17, 8:45 PM
    • 3,029 Posts
    • 4,629 Thanks
    sillyvixen
    I was expecting a delivary through the royal mail in the next few days and recieved a text on Sunday to say Yodel had delivered it. I was panicked as we were 200 miles away and I had not paid for next day delivary. Coupled with the fact my dad then phoned to say they had had heavy snow at home and look a local news for travel info before coming home. I had images of my parcel hidden in some random part of the garden as is usual for Yodel and an e-mail telling me it was in the shed or greenhouse (we have niether) under a load of snow .. not this time, for once Yodel had the sense to ask my nieghbour to take it in due to the weather conditions. Why can't they do this in heavy rain is beyond me.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

128Posts Today

2,905Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin