Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • InsideInsurance
    • By InsideInsurance 9th Sep 11, 9:22 AM
    • 22,222Posts
    • 11,386Thanks
    InsideInsurance
    Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?
    • 9th Sep 11, 9:22 AM
    Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone? 9th Sep 11 at 9:22 AM
    Bought from an online retailer purely because they do next day delivery and the next day is the only time someone will be available for delivery.

Call the retailer to place the order because I know delivery is difficult at my address due to security gates and a complex buzzer system. Retailer speaks to Yodel (ex-DHL part) for the order and instruct them to call me to gain access to the property.

I have to go out unexpectedly the next day so call the depot at 9am, they say they will send a message to the driver giving the wifes mobile as she will be in all day.

10:58 failed delivery message with online tracker, no calls made to either phone. 11:10 get through to the depot who try to call the driver but cant get through so say they left a message instructing the driver to redelivery and to call the depot to confirm instructions.

4pm still no call so call the depot again. They call the driver again. They say the driver has both the telephone numbers, is doing the last collections and will then redeliver. ETA for delivery 6pm ish

6:38pm Tracking updates to returned to depot. Call depot at 6:40 told that the driver probably didnt have telephone numbers. Then said about other messages and woman says her 3 colleagues had probably not done what they had said.

Offered before 11am delivery. Explain reason for paying for next day was to get it the next day not the day after because wife is going on holiday and I am out for long hours with work. I say that they can deliver before 8:30am or after 7:30pm as their website state 7-9 deliveries. She laughs, says their website lies too! 9:30 is the earliest to my area and 6pm the latest.

I tell them to return the item to the retailer as it will be 2 weeks before the next time someone can wait in all day. She says ok.

Next morning? 8:30 - parcel out for delivery.

Can a company get any more incompetent?

Does anyone know the email structure for their senior management team? firstname.lastname@yodel.co.uk bounces.
Page 32
    • Asghar
    • By Asghar 10th Apr 17, 4:23 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Asghar
    not disputing that.. but on. regards to me not been able to make a complaint is utterly ridiculous.
    Originally posted by tania12
    Your complaint is with Virgin Mobile, tell them the parcel they sent you has not been received. It's their responsibility to deliver it to you via whatever means they choose.

With a tracking number so you can trace the parcel, you might think that you have a link with Yodel, but you do not.
    • tania12
    • By tania12 10th Apr 17, 4:47 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    tania12
    my whole point is that yodel have completely lied about it 3 times.. Virgin have already opened a case against yodel
    2015 wins - chocolates, mr pritt teddy, 4 x football tickets, ipad mini
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 10th Apr 17, 5:05 PM
    • 2,474 Posts
    • 2,480 Thanks
    DoaM
    We appreciate that Yodel are a bunch of clowns. But there's nothing you can do about it - Yodel can quite rightly ignore you as you are not their customer.

No point in blowing a gasket about it - it won't help in any way.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • tania12
    • By tania12 10th Apr 17, 5:09 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    tania12
    no maybe not.. but im only human and been peed off is natural.. wouldnt be so annoyed if they didn't lie about it
    • custardy
    • By custardy 10th Apr 17, 5:33 PM
    • 32,211 Posts
    • 26,963 Thanks
    custardy
    my whole point is that yodel have completely lied about it 3 times.. Virgin have already opened a case against yodel
    Not really. Yodel are cheap. As long as they work most of the time,VM will continue to use them.
    Standard customer service to tell you about a 'case' though.
    • tania12
    • By tania12 10th Apr 17, 6:22 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    tania12
    cheap or not cheap they still have a service to deliver..
    • custardy
    • By custardy 10th Apr 17, 9:08 PM
    • 32,211 Posts
    • 26,963 Thanks
    custardy
    cheap or not cheap they still have a service to deliver..
    Are you actually reading the words people post?
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 20th Apr 17, 11:07 AM
    • 22,643 Posts
    • 46,914 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Anyway, I came across this page and someone (apologies - can't remember the poster) further up in about 2011 offered an email address for Elaine Boyle as a contact. Her email address is...

Elaine.Boyle@yodel.co.uk

I thought I'd try and see if it was still valid and guess what! It is! Better still, she was in meetings for the day so helpfully left an automatic response with the email address below if anyone needs an urgent response!!

customercare@yodel.gnatta.com

Originally posted by Gitch69
    Bumping this helpful post - a 9 minute call to CS cost me a staggering £2.50. The webchat was helpfully terminated by the handler.

Yes, I have been well and truly Yodel'd.

Eta: both email addresses are alive and well, but Elaine Boyle has her OoO reply on atm.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

314Posts Today

2,116Users online

Martin's Twitter