Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Praise, Vent & Warnings > RevitaDerm, Revitol, Perfect Radiance? (Page 7)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
RevitaDerm, Revitol, Perfect Radiance?
Views: 140,761
# 121
juliulio
Old 06-12-2011, 6:22 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Halleluja, Just checked my bank account and have been refunded for the two amounts (160 ish) taken previously. I had rung on 0808 168 3685 and mentioned the 'magic' words Federal Trading Standards (that I would be contacting them asap). Within 24 hours I had two cancellation emails. I wondered if I would receive any actual refunds as I had cancelled my debit card already. But hey, its all back. Just a word of warning here, obviously cancellation of cards doesn't mean this company can't still take out or put back funds as they wish. Good Luck All.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to juliulio For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 122
overdone
Old 07-12-2011, 5:01 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Angry Revitaderm Scam

I saw the advert for Rvitaderm and perfect Radiance serfum on Facebook nd ordered the "free Samples" on Oct 28th 2011. I have tried the no's to cancel but the phone cuts of so no luck. So today have been to the HSBC bank to report them .I can only say it is a disputed fraud as initially I gave them my visa details. However since the 28th Oct they have taken 280.89 from my account in just month on 5 occassions. And I discovered another payment for 79.99 . They are taking money every few days . Oh and no I hae not been sent any products. The bank have refunded my money and I have had to cancel my visa card . The bank could still take the money away from me if the company could prove that I signed up for this. However they have breached their own terms and coditions by stealing money from my account . That is what it is, theft . I have back up if the bank decide I'm not entitled to a refund an claw the money back . I have cardguard and have been told tey would help. I have been trying to contact Facebook to inform them and try to get these scammers stopped from advertising on their site . But can see how so advice woud be good . PS instead of knocking 20years off my age this company has added 20years with the worry and sending my account into the red.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to overdone For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 123
ttdonline
Old 07-12-2011, 5:08 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Perfect radiance scam

If this helps good, I had to canel the credit card and close account with bank, stopping the card I got through on 08081683685 and received a confirmation of account closure. Felt an idiot falling for this scam, 80 per month when it is supposed to be a free trial.
The Following User Says Thank You to ttdonline For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 124
tanmich
Old 07-12-2011, 6:46 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdonline View Post
If this helps good, I had to canel the credit card and close account with bank, stopping the card I got through on 08081683685 and received a confirmation of account closure. Felt an idiot falling for this scam, 80 per month when it is supposed to be a free trial.
Is this the same scam as the Anti-Aging Store, owned by COATIONMEDIA address 22100E 26th Ave, 100 Aurora, CO 80019. Billing on credit cards by CCBILL.
Certainly sounds the same, free trial followed by unauthorized theft from accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to tanmich For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 125
kezcatz
Old 08-12-2011, 1:18 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Revita derm/perfect radiance

A week later, I have had confirmation from the Halifax that all my money has gone back into my account. Thank god! The company have offered me future 50% discount - how kind,and I get to keep any creams that should find their way to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to kezcatz For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 126
competitionscafe
Old 09-12-2011, 2:47 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

ASA Adjudication on Perfect Radiance
http://www.asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adj...DJ_171089.aspx
"The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
best of everything; they just make the best
of everything that comes along their way."
-- Author Unknown --
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to competitionscafe For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 127
Puflet
Old 09-12-2011, 5:24 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I signed up for the free trial on 29th November; I HAD read the terms and conditions, but didn't see a problem as long as I cancelled within the 12/14 days cancellation period. I made a note in my diary to this effect. I'd never have given it a second thought until my bank contacted me about potential fraud within a few hours - they were actually referring to the 2.95-ish amounts which had been deducted; I wasn't worried about these, especially not as I'd received the products a couple of days later. But the bank was obviously alert to the payees!

I nipped along to the branch, and the guy on reception said that it's not unusual for scammers to request small sums initially, which enables them to check that the account's working properly, before deducting the much larger sums described by other posters here.

In the event I cancelled within the trial period by phone, received confirmation emails and also confirmation that no more money would be deducted, that my accounts with them were now closed. I was so alarmed by the experiences of others on here that, as an additional precaution, I reported my debit card to the 'Lost or stolen' helpline so it will now be blocked. I'm keeping fingers crossed.

So thank you very much to all on here for sharing your experiences. In future I don't think I'll be subscribing to anything online that doesn't take Paypal!

As an aside, though, I did check out these products on eBay. They are selling for quite large amounts of money - one of the completed listings for both Perfect Radiance and Revitaderm together showed that they had sold for 93! (Bargain, nevertheless, compared to what their 'parent' company would have charged!)

So if I were being REALLY cynical, I'd say that if you were planning to move your bank account in the near future - thing to do is order these products on the 2.95 trial, cancel within their time limit - and then put them on eBay!
The Following User Says Thank You to Puflet For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 128
Ell2577
Old 10-12-2011, 4:38 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I just wanted to put some peoples minds at rest if possible ......after much perseverance got the money paid back into my bank account. I really didnt think it would be put back and is such a relief. If they have done the same thing to you do not give up!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ell2577 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 129
Elle29
Old 13-12-2011, 10:30 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Perfect Radiance Scam

I can't believe I fell for this scam but I did a couple of days ago. After reading the posts on here I've cancelled the subscription by e-mail and by telephone and cancelled my credit card on the advice of my bank. The bank have advised it is still possible for the scammers to withdraw funds from my account and I need to monitor it. Thanks to everyone on this site for their posts and advice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elle29 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 130
kathleenw
Old 14-12-2011, 3:35 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs down

I was taken in also, sent an email to both as shown below and got this reply. It was an expensive education. Hope this helps

Kathleen

Dear Customer,
We thank you for your email.
As requested, we have cancelled your account. You will receive an automatic cancellation confirmation e-mail within the next 12-24 hours.
We hope that you will continue to use the product you have received. We are confident you will see the results you desire. Please note that you will still receive any product that has already been sent to you. However there will be no further charges to your account
At any point in the future, should you change your mind, please contact us and we will gladly reinstate you into our program at a 50% recurring monthly discount.

Should you have any more questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department by phone (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) toll-free from Australia at 0011 1 (855) 843 3434 and from New Zealand at 00 1 (855) 843 3434 or by email at support@revitalizelabs.com.

Kind Regards,
RevitaDerm Support

__________________________________________________ _
Your initial message :

2011/12/06 22:16:22:

"Kathy & John"

I have tried using the phone numbers provided within Australia but kept getting cut off

I wish to cancel all future orders forJuveneu &Revitaderm forthwith from this day 07/12/2011.

Thank you

Kathleen
The Following User Says Thank You to kathleenw For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 131
dunwunce
Old 14-12-2011, 4:03 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile perfect radiance scam

HI, I too got done with a scam like this. It was diet pills from a Miami company. They turned out be a very very powerful laxative and a health supplement which required you to live on 300 calories a day! Again it was a free offer which cost a total of 80 pounds a month and it took me three months to cancel both and I never did get a refund for the stuff I sent back. The credit card people were very sympathetic but couldn't acutally do anything about it.. So be warned if it looks too good to be true it's because it is!! Good luck to all who are trying to get their money back.
The Following User Says Thank You to dunwunce For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 132
takethemon
Old 16-12-2011, 11:04 AM
MoneySaving Convert

oops. whilst searching on e bay for a salad storer,to prolong the fridge life of my prepared packaged lettuce etc.,i came across a link entitled " 53 year old mum looks 30? " and the link was " www.telegraph.co.uk " thinking this to be the newspaper i clicked on it and went directly to the order forms for perfect radiance and revitaderm. i read them carefully and ordered the trials. nowhere did i spot anything saying that i was signing a continuing authority payment. believe it or not i came on here to see if users were aware of this " bargain offer " and if not i was going to post details! this offer was shown as being available to 17.12.11.
will have to take steps to rectify problem.
whilst i am on,can anyone recommend a salad storer?!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to takethemon For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 133
vaddybrown
Old 16-12-2011, 11:58 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Question

please could someone help me i have fallen for this scam this morning and dont know what to do help
The Following User Says Thank You to vaddybrown For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 134
takethemon
Old 16-12-2011, 1:15 PM
MoneySaving Convert

have tried phoning this company and the first number given goes through to a supposedly private number who claim to have no knowledge of the company and the second number is not recognised.
i have odered the free trials and also accepted free sample of eye cream and purchased a bottle of rejuvenating juice. i have received four e mails from four different companies thanking me for my custom and informing me that my " first delivery " on each item will be 7 to 10 days.
i have spoken to my credit card issuer and they advised me to cancel via phone and e mail/letter and to keep copies of all correspondence. the credit card company are powerless to stop the payment requests at the time but if you can show them that you have tried to cancel then they will take the matter further.
i have been told it is no use changing my credit card with the same issuer as they would be obliged to pass on the charges requested.
all these companies have received cancelation e mails from myself and i have e mailed the daily telegraph asking how their web address is connected with this outfit.
The Following User Says Thank You to takethemon For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 135
competitionscafe
Old 16-12-2011, 7:34 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaddybrown View Post
please could someone help me i have fallen for this scam this morning and dont know what to do help
Contact them by phone and email and ask for your money back in full or you will report them to the FTC and inititiate a chargeback from your credit card company/bank.

If they do not refund you in full then file a complaint with the FTC and ask your bank for a chargeback. Tell your bank that you have emailed and phoned the company and also send them a link to this thread.
"The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
best of everything; they just make the best
of everything that comes along their way."
-- Author Unknown --
The Following User Says Thank You to competitionscafe For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 136
satwin
Old 18-12-2011, 6:33 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Revitaderm and perfect radiance

I've just been taken in by this scam too! I only order yesterday, and found out soon after what I'd done.
I immediately replied to the confirmation emails asking to cancel the orders, but of course will have to wait for a reply....it's weekend!!
I phoned my credit card company who say they cannot stop the payment. I'm not concerned about the small amounts but worried about getting more taken from my card!
I have tried phoning the numbers and one took me to a local pub! The other wasn't recognised.
After doing some googling I found people saying the numbers were 0808 178 7320 and 0808 168 3685 which meant adding a 0 to the dialling code advertised,but these don't work either!
I'm hoping as I've emailed immediately that I will have caught them in time, but really worried that I can't PHONE them!!
Why aren't these phone numbers working for me?? others seem to have got through ok!
The Following User Says Thank You to satwin For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 137
satwin
Old 18-12-2011, 2:48 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satwin View Post
I've just been taken in by this scam too! I only order yesterday, and found out soon after what I'd done.
I immediately replied to the confirmation emails asking to cancel the orders, but of course will have to wait for a reply....it's weekend!!
I phoned my credit card company who say they cannot stop the payment. I'm not concerned about the small amounts but worried about getting more taken from my card!
I have tried phoning the numbers and one took me to a local pub! The other wasn't recognised.
After doing some googling I found people saying the numbers were 0808 178 7320 and 0808 168 3685 which meant adding a 0 to the dialling code advertised,but these don't work either!
I'm hoping as I've emailed immediately that I will have caught them in time, but really worried that I can't PHONE them!!
Why aren't these phone numbers working for me?? others seem to have got through ok!
I tried phoning again early this morning and managed to get through on one number. Chinese sounding lady, very hard to understand. She asked when I placed the order, and when I said last night she said to leave it 24hrs before phoning!
I hope I get someone easier to understand next time....that's if I get through next time!
# 138
satwin
Old 18-12-2011, 6:36 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default further update

Quote:
I tried phoning again early this morning and managed to get through on one number. Chinese sounding lady, very hard to understand. She asked when I placed the order, and when I said last night she said to leave it 24hrs before phoning!
I hope I get someone easier to understand next time....that's if I get through next time!
ok. A further update. phoned again, using the other phone number, but am sure I got the same chinese woman. She tried to talk me into still receiving the trial offer, but I was adamant I didn't want anything to do with it. She gave me 3 cancellation numbers for the 3 items I ordered, which confirms that revitaderm and perfectradiance are connected. She said I will receive a confirmation email. Nothing has come through yet, but only made the call just minutes ago.
I mentioned about the stories I had read....about people cancelling and still getting sums of money taken, and she assured me that no more would be taken. So, we wait and see what happens now!
If the items come I will post them back unopened, with a letter attached. I will also be checking my credit card balance every day for quite a while till I feel that nothing more will happen!
Hopefully as I have acted quick I will be safe!
# 139
satwin
Old 19-12-2011, 8:28 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default another update

Quote:
ok. A further update. phoned again, using the other phone number, but am sure I got the same chinese woman. She tried to talk me into still receiving the trial offer, but I was adamant I didn't want anything to do with it. She gave me 3 cancellation numbers for the 3 items I ordered, which confirms that revitaderm and perfectradiance are connected. She said I will receive a confirmation email. Nothing has come through yet, but only made the call just minutes ago.
I mentioned about the stories I had read....about people cancelling and still getting sums of money taken, and she assured me that no more would be taken. So, we wait and see what happens now!
If the items come I will post them back unopened, with a letter attached. I will also be checking my credit card balance every day for quite a while till I feel that nothing more will happen!
Hopefully as I have acted quick I will be safe!

3 emails received this morning confirming orders cancelled and that I will not receive any furthers charges from them)
# 140
trf1960
Old 19-12-2011, 10:43 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Oh my, it makes you wonder just how many people around the world are being 'taken' with this scam. I did exactly the same as all of you about about a week ago. I was so taken in by the adverts that were in the Daily Mail online website that I didn't give it a second thought and signed up for the trial period thinking oh well I will just cancel if I don't like. Now usually I am a bit smarter than that and will normally surf the net for reviews but my brain must have stopped working for five minutes as on this occasion I didn't.

Anyway, after finally reading the horror stories I rang the telephone number from the email acknowledging my order and got straight through to an 'american' lady and told her to cancel the orders immediately. After repeatedly telling her that I did not want the products she said the 'account' would be cancelled and that no further products or money would be taken from my credit card although it was too late to cancel the 2.95 for each trial product as they would have already have been put into action!! I received all three products about 3 days later.

Like others, I received emails about 24 hrs later confirming cancellation of the products AND I did cancel the credit card but I will have to wait until I get my statement to see if anything else has been debited.

What I would like to know though is, after all this, has anyone actually used these products and did you find them any good ?
The Following User Says Thank You to trf1960 For This Useful Post: Show me >>