Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    smj43
    Fleas in rented flat
    • 4th Sep 11, 2:14 AM
    Fleas in rented flat 4th Sep 11 at 2:14 AM
    Just wondering if anybody could give me some advise. I just moved into a privately rented flat 2 days ago. The past 2 nights I have been bitten so many times I've lost count. I thought it was just a mosquito at first but then I remembered when we first viewed the flat, the tenant that lived here had a cat. I checked and sure enough there are tiny little fleas everywhere. I'm really angry because the previous tenant has left no end of trouble for us. Nothing was clean when we moved in and she had left massive debts on the electricity meter.

Where do I stand? I know it's not my landlords fault but he shouldn't have let her keep a cat here. Surely this is the landlords liability? Please help, these bites are driving us insane!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,563Posts Today

7,006Users online

Martin's Twitter