IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Hollister Store - clearance
Closed Thread
Views: 8,758
# 21
Gillyx
Old 09-12-2011, 9:43 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

There is always a queue outside the one in Belfast, it was actually roped off the other day with people waiting to go in It's essentially shopping in the dark, why would you queue for that?
The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
# 22
Gemini Jes
Old 09-12-2011, 9:57 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

At the Cardiff store on Thursday there were 2 young men/boys handing out leaflets wearing only swimming shorts.....their bodies were great...
# 23
borderlakland
Old 09-12-2011, 9:57 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellhouse View Post
The smell is so strong in there because they go round with spray bottles of fragrance and literally spray all the clothes with the sickly "Hollister" smell.

dd has got one of the body sprays and it is so sickly, went in the bathroom yesterday after she had sprayed it and had to open the window..
i feel very sorry for the teachers at her school imagine being in a class room with half a dozen teenage girls stinking of this
Lead us not into temptation...

just tell us where it is and we'll find it....
# 24
bigmuffins
Old 09-12-2011, 11:00 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Angry

Its the same with 'Gilly Hicks' too dark, overpoweringly perfumed and strange sized clothes that you can't see anyway!
Yes my DD1 is obsessed with these 'cool' stores too and finds it embarrassing that I keep asking what the price is and size as I can't see a thing!
I refuse to go into shops that I have to queue for! And only went in with her, after much pestering, as there wasn't a queue this time. I didn't last long, as you can imagine! DD1 got mega embarrassed because I asked where the reduced section was!

That said, she did come back from her last trip with a small bag and showed me her 'bargain'! A reduced price bra - which was actually cheaper than the similar one in JL! She is listening to me then!

But now she wants a bottle of the perfume for xmas - so I have to find a way of buying it without going myself!

# 25
borderlakland
Old 09-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

when hollister opened in norwich chapplefields there was a queue for over a week and they had doormen letting people in and out..
Lead us not into temptation...

just tell us where it is and we'll find it....
# 26
dayday
Old 10-12-2011, 6:41 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Jes View Post
At the Cardiff store on Thursday there were 2 young men/boys handing out leaflets wearing only swimming shorts.....their bodies were great...
Ahhhh I saw them... I had a sneaky look and walked on past... haha

# 27
mummytofour
Old 12-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

If you have a teen or two who are into this crud I really would save up and go to the USA.....We saved such a packet getting the stuff over there. DD has more hoodies than she has space for and all a fraction of the price.
Debt free and plan on staying that way!!!!
# 28
lizziebell*80
Old 12-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Since being introduced to outlets of A&F in new jersey I will not pay full American price for anything let alone full UK prices. Even the normal USA prices have gone up and where there used to be really good reductions, these have diminished on recent trips to NYC compared to previous years. I haven't been to UK hollister shops but didn't like the US versions, wasn't as dark as A&F and didn't notice a smell (I actually like the A&F smell as it's the mens Fierce aftershave which is dispersed from large airfreshner type vapourisors on the ceiling and I saw them physically pouring a bottle of the stuff on the doormat at the front of the shop!). And yes shipping from the states when therehas been shops here for good few years now seems mad.
# 29
MorrisonsEmployee
Old 12-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Love this brand although the shipping is a joke but i still pay itBut im thankful im in the UK and not Romania or Latvia where shipping is 25
Quidco Payments In 2011 - 724.21

June: 43.15/July: 51.22/August: 90.60/September: 29.75/October: 284.07/November: 171.08/December: 29.22
# 30
parky0607
Old 13-12-2011, 9:39 AM
MoneySaving Convert

haha my boyfriend is an addict to Hollister and he paid 40 for a tiny bottle of their aftershave - which is basically pretty much what they spray round the shop, it smells awful.
# 31
kwl51
Old 13-12-2011, 9:53 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

The Reading store never has a queue. Its fairly new and no clearance rail unfortunatley.

I have to agree that if you know anyone going to the states then get them to buy items as so much cheaper. However i still buy in the UK stores as I only get to go on holiday once a year and its not always the US.

Abercrombie and a&f kids just recently changed thier sites to the 10 shipping and prices in , but the prices have gone up as before it was cheaper to buy in $ and ship even including the shipping fee, whihc was usually around $25 but spread out over a number of items worked out quite well.
# 32
eherway
Old 28-12-2011, 8:29 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Wink Postage is now only 6.99

If you're after cheap(er!) Hollister clothing they have a UK discount outlet here:
http://www.hollistersale.uk.com/

I've just been on to order an item and the postage is now 6.99 for a 5-7 day delivery and they're now accepting PayPal.

The only thing I'm skeptical about is the RRP's they quote on the site as they do not correspond on the items I was looking at on the labels in store! However, the discounted prices on the website are in line with their sale items in store, but I'd take the percentage of discount they claim it is with a pinch of salt!
# 33
Elliebabe
Old 28-12-2011, 8:37 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by eherway View Post
If you're after cheap(er!) Hollister clothing they have a UK discount outlet here:
http://www.hollistersale.uk.com/

I've just been on to order an item and the postage is now 6.99 for a 5-7 day delivery and they're now accepting PayPal.

The only thing I'm skeptical about is the RRP's they quote on the site as they do not correspond on the items I was looking at on the labels in store! However, the discounted prices on the website are in line with their sale items in store, but I'd take the percentage of discount they claim it is with a pinch of salt!
Is this a genuine site? It doesn't,t look like it"......
# 34
kwl51
Old 28-12-2011, 8:40 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

i am pretty certain that the sale site is not genuine im afraid.

update on the reading store right at the back of menswear they had one of the shelving units full of chinos in smaller sizes all reduced to 18.80 a pair so one happy 14 yr old son for me
Closed Thread