Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    JJBargain
    0 WOW
    Lego deals thread......Please post finds here
    • 24th Aug 11, 1:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Lego deals thread......Please post finds here 24th Aug 11 at 1:23 PM
    UPDATED 3RD NOVEMBER

The thread has been up and running for a while now and hopefully has helped out a lot of people with some great deals. A big thankyou to everyone who has contributed and great to see this becoming one of the most popular threads on MSE.
    For newcomers to the thread looking for deals there is a mass of pages to look at so hopefully I can bring you up to date. Amazon continues to be a great starting point for most Lego sets but also as suggested by Lugh_Chronain check the megashopbot for cheaper prices elsewhere.

What's been HOT; (best current prices with available stock)

LEGO CITY POLICE STATION £53.99 @ Amazon
    LEGO CITY FIRE STATION £45.99 @ The Hut
    LEGO CITY AIRPORT £59.99 @ The HUT (recently been as low as £53 on amazon)

Lego PIrates of The Caribbean Queen Annes Revenge £101.97 @ Tesco
    Lego Pirates Black Pearl £84.99 @ FIrebox

Harry Potter Hogwarts £92.99 @ base.com

PLEASE NOTE: Prices do tend to change quickly across all sites such as amazon. Play etc so keep your eyes peeled and keep posting up latest prices on the thread.

LEGO IDEAS BOOK available from The Book People @ £4.99, spotted by simplestuff
    Also Lugh_Chronain spotted the Lego Star Wars encyclopedia on book people
    Some book people delivery codes to try here

Thanks to horse76 #473 for some great pre-order spots on Play.com inc. storage boxes, lunch boxes and lights.

Another spot from Lugh_Chronain the first ever Lego DVD - The adventures of CLutch powers for £6.49 @ PLAY : see post #537

Other items that have gone down well are the brickmaster books, lego hero factory sets and of course the advent calendars.

Remember icheckstock to find any elusive Argos lego deals.

****TESCO CLUBCARD EXCHANGE IS NOW ON*** Double up your vouchers to spend on toys and games. This can also be done online to give you much better choice if your Tesco doesn't carry much stock. Exchange by Dec 1st and redeem by Dec 6th.

One for the Future -- Amazon Black Friday 21-25 November, could be worth keeping your eyes peeled for some mega bargains in this, just be prepared to be sat ready at the keyboard things go in seconds.

Once again thanks to everyone for all their input into this thread and remember to say a big thankyou to those people hunting down the bargains.

Other useful links
    Lego Shop products page - A great place to see whats available inc exclusive kits and hard to find items.
    bricklink - Unofficial Lego marketplace - great for missing parts etc.
    Brickset - Online resource for Lego collectors worldwide

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by JJBargain; 03-11-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    It only takes a second to say thanks!
    Remember: Amazon prices change quickly!!!
Page 90
  • Andyblizz
    LOTR sets are still listed on toysrus but, currently showing as out of stock (until tomorrow i guess).

Battle of Helms Deep showing as £99.99
    Originally posted by flowmeter

yeah all back up now.

Even the expensive sets from other ranges
    • By 3010 21st Jul 12, 8:58 AM
    • 5,206 Posts
    • 66,770 Thanks
    Tower Bridge online at Argos.£153.80

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4621667.htm
    • Lugh_Chronain
    • By Lugh_Chronain 21st Jul 12, 10:54 AM
    • 6,743 Posts
    • 15,043 Thanks
    Lugh_Chronain
    Battle of Helms Deep is on TRU's website though is showing £99.99. Some deal!
    • anna_24
    • By anna_24 21st Jul 12, 11:21 AM
    • 83 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    anna_24
    [QUOTE=3010;54640719]Tower Bridge online at Argos.£153.80
    /QUOTE]

It is 152 euros on the italian amazon site, and 7 euros shipping (regardless of amount), ordered late monday night, arrived in perfect condition yesterday morning, so was rather impressed! So if you can afford to wait a couple of days it is well worth it - site is the same, so you can stumble through it without knowing a word of italian! The spanish site also has some good prices too - but not on this item
    • maryjane01
    • By maryjane01 21st Jul 12, 9:47 PM
    • 450 Posts
    • 383 Thanks
    maryjane01
    Sorry if this has already been posted, Lego City super pack 3 in 1 at Home Bargains:

http://www.homebargains.co.uk/products/113-lego-city-superpack-3-in-1.aspx
    • bargainhuntergill
    • By bargainhuntergill 21st Jul 12, 10:38 PM
    • 1,928 Posts
    • 21,388 Thanks
    bargainhuntergill
    Not big on lego prices but got email as iwoot got 15% off all lego 48 hrs only
    http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/offers/lego.list?utm_source=ENH-_Cross-Sell-20120721&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ENH-_2091759595&affil=thgemail
    hth
    and free delivery

The one above in the pics is £99.99 so would get £15 off
    The art of being happy is to be satisfied with what you have
    • Ms-Money-Penny
    • By Ms-Money-Penny 22nd Jul 12, 7:38 PM
    • 1,593 Posts
    • 12,812 Thanks
    Ms-Money-Penny
    From a friend at News International (The Sun). They are even going to be doing some of the Friends range for girls!

The Sun Free Lego Promotion 6th-13th October 2012.

30211 Lord Of The Rings
    30201 Monster Fighters: Ghost
    30008 Seasonal: Snowman
    30151 City: Mining Dozer
    30190 Racers: Ferrari 150 Italia
    30009 Seasonal: Christmas Tree
    30132 Pirates Of The Caribbean
    30100 Friends: Beach
    Originally posted by A.Jones
    Only two and half months to wait
  • ChrisPhilpot
    Does anyone know of any forthcoming Lego sales? Quite a lot seem to be on sale at Argos, Amazon, etc., but I'm looking for a particular set that is not: Dirt Bike Transporter (4433). [I can't link to it because I am a newbie. ] It's for my nephew's birthday which is nearly a month away, so I'm happy to wait a week or three if it saves some money.

The most I can find off the RRP at the moment is 50p or so! For that little a discount I may as well go to the high street and save waiting for delivery. Thanks for your help.
    Chris Philpot
    • Ms-Money-Penny
    • By Ms-Money-Penny 22nd Jul 12, 10:10 PM
    • 1,593 Posts
    • 12,812 Thanks
    Ms-Money-Penny
    Does anyone know of any forthcoming Lego sales? Quite a lot seem to be on sale at Argos, Amazon, etc., but I'm looking for a particular set that is not: Dirt Bike Transporter (4433). [I can't link to it because I am a newbie. ] It's for my nephew's birthday which is nearly a month away, so I'm happy to wait a week or three if it saves some money.

The most I can find off the RRP at the moment is 50p or so! For that little a discount I may as well go to the high street and save waiting for delivery. Thanks for your help.
    Originally posted by ChrisPhilpot
    Toys R us, IWOOT and Sainsburys have got up to 25% of lego at the moment
    • fgreen79
    • By fgreen79 23rd Jul 12, 10:43 AM
    • 105 Posts
    • 507 Thanks
    fgreen79
    John Lewis online will Price Match the Tower Bridge that Argos have for £153.80. Just fill in a price mach request and they should email you back in a couple of days. Just ordered mine.
    • twinklyeys
    • By twinklyeys 23rd Jul 12, 1:32 PM
    • 2,519 Posts
    • 4,589 Thanks
    twinklyeys

My son just bought this at Waterstones with a gift card he was given, was £14.99. Not sure what RRP is?
    • mandco
    • By mandco 23rd Jul 12, 5:15 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 7,572 Thanks
    mandco
    Only City and Star Wars this year:

"3316 Friends Advent Calendar is a Friends set that would have been released in September 2012. It would have come with Olivia, Christina, a dog called Coco, 24 individual gifts including: a Christmas tree and presents. Despite being shown at the Toy Fair, it was later cancelled in the production stage for an unknown reason."

Originally posted by building with lego
    all 3 advent calenders are listed in the new argos book @ £19.99 each available from sept
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
    • building with lego
    • By building with lego 23rd Jul 12, 5:33 PM
    • 2,308 Posts
    • 5,549 Thanks
    building with lego
    There's hope yet then!
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm.
    • chickywiggle
    • By chickywiggle 23rd Jul 12, 5:38 PM
    • 5,139 Posts
    • 26,910 Thanks
    chickywiggle
    all 3 advent calenders are listed in the new argos book @ £19.99 each available from sept
    Originally posted by mandco
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerms/ADVENT+CALANDER.htm

tho the city they are showing is last years (police)
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas.
  • mattysmum

If you're quick, there is a seller on play.com selling one (new) for £11.99 delivered.
    • Ms-Money-Penny
    • By Ms-Money-Penny 24th Jul 12, 8:36 AM
    • 1,593 Posts
    • 12,812 Thanks
    Ms-Money-Penny
    does anyone know the best time to book Legoland hotel/ park stays (for October 2013?).
    do they have specific sale periods to look for?
    I know they've not yet opened 2013 bookings.

do you suggest any website to book thro rather then direct??

I know its a long way away but it's always best to think ahead incase (like train tickets) it's best to book xx months in advance to get best prices. £240 for October 2012 it has GOT to be cheaper somehow for next year (2 adult, 1 x 4yr old, 1 x 2yr old)

Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by chickywiggle
    You'd have a better answer on the UK Holidays thread
    • chickywiggle
    • By chickywiggle 24th Jul 12, 1:20 PM
    • 5,139 Posts
    • 26,910 Thanks
    chickywiggle
    thanks Mrs MP I tend to only 'live' on the boards where I have had friendly responses - don't stray far from my 'usual' threads and there may have been people on here who may know the answer. Didn't have the time to search MSE for a thread but will do tonight.

sorry for any offence.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas.
  • youcangoogleit
    AVAILABLE AT TESCO- SAME PRICE

http://www.tesco.com/direct/lego-atlantis-deep-sea-striker-876/208-5481.prd

OUT OFSTOCK NOW-Lego Atlantis 8076 deep sea diver @Amazon RRP £20.99 now £5.24 (-75%)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Atlantis-8076-Deep-Striker/dp/B003A2JBQE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343208765&sr=8-1
    Last edited by youcangoogleit; 25-07-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: OOS
  • andy.m
    superb find thank you, for those that missed it is same price at tesco.com with free store collection.
    Last edited by andy.m; 25-07-2012 at 12:12 PM.
  • Disco Diva
    Thanks, got the Atlantis Deep Sea Diver for an upcoming birthday party!
    Wins since July 2009 - Ipod Touch £100 of Barbie products 2 night break in Cornwall for 4 with breakfast hamper and lunch at Fifteen! Postman Pat DVD & stickers Ipod Nano
    Thanks to all posters!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,961Posts Today

5,499Users online

Martin's Twitter