Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    JJBargain
    0 WOW
    Lego deals thread......Please post finds here
    • 24th Aug 11, 1:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Lego deals thread......Please post finds here 24th Aug 11 at 1:23 PM
    UPDATED 3RD NOVEMBER

The thread has been up and running for a while now and hopefully has helped out a lot of people with some great deals. A big thankyou to everyone who has contributed and great to see this becoming one of the most popular threads on MSE.
    For newcomers to the thread looking for deals there is a mass of pages to look at so hopefully I can bring you up to date. Amazon continues to be a great starting point for most Lego sets but also as suggested by Lugh_Chronain check the megashopbot for cheaper prices elsewhere.

What's been HOT; (best current prices with available stock)

LEGO CITY POLICE STATION £53.99 @ Amazon
    LEGO CITY FIRE STATION £45.99 @ The Hut
    LEGO CITY AIRPORT £59.99 @ The HUT (recently been as low as £53 on amazon)

Lego PIrates of The Caribbean Queen Annes Revenge £101.97 @ Tesco
    Lego Pirates Black Pearl £84.99 @ FIrebox

Harry Potter Hogwarts £92.99 @ base.com

PLEASE NOTE: Prices do tend to change quickly across all sites such as amazon. Play etc so keep your eyes peeled and keep posting up latest prices on the thread.

LEGO IDEAS BOOK available from The Book People @ £4.99, spotted by simplestuff
    Also Lugh_Chronain spotted the Lego Star Wars encyclopedia on book people
    Some book people delivery codes to try here

Thanks to horse76 #473 for some great pre-order spots on Play.com inc. storage boxes, lunch boxes and lights.

Another spot from Lugh_Chronain the first ever Lego DVD - The adventures of CLutch powers for £6.49 @ PLAY : see post #537

Other items that have gone down well are the brickmaster books, lego hero factory sets and of course the advent calendars.

Remember icheckstock to find any elusive Argos lego deals.

****TESCO CLUBCARD EXCHANGE IS NOW ON*** Double up your vouchers to spend on toys and games. This can also be done online to give you much better choice if your Tesco doesn't carry much stock. Exchange by Dec 1st and redeem by Dec 6th.

One for the Future -- Amazon Black Friday 21-25 November, could be worth keeping your eyes peeled for some mega bargains in this, just be prepared to be sat ready at the keyboard things go in seconds.

Once again thanks to everyone for all their input into this thread and remember to say a big thankyou to those people hunting down the bargains.

Other useful links
    Lego Shop products page - A great place to see whats available inc exclusive kits and hard to find items.
    bricklink - Unofficial Lego marketplace - great for missing parts etc.
    Brickset - Online resource for Lego collectors worldwide

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by JJBargain; 03-11-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    It only takes a second to say thanks!
    Remember: Amazon prices change quickly!!!
Page 117
    • bylromarha
    • By bylromarha 14th Oct 12, 12:31 PM
    • 9,934 Posts
    • 13,231 Thanks
    bylromarha
    Anyone else spotted this thread?

20% off @Toys R Us ends today.

Lego at TRU mostly RRP, but the voucher linked to on the thread can get you 20% off. Online and instore.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • shrewdmum
    excellent find , should be in more stores as there is a new version - the tree house club

E2A - for anyone like me who has a small ocd about friends - there are 2 watches out now also - saw them online at john lewis, not reduced as yet, but 1st time ive seen them
    Originally posted by fizzyfish
    I too have slight ocd about friends - I don't know anything about the "tree house club" though have seen some leaked info on the 2013 sets where have you seen it?

I've seen the watches and tesco also do a sandwich box and water bottle but I'm trying not to deviate too much from the actual Lego. I have seen a rather good friends lego storage box system at aplaceforeverything.co.uk but not out until December and quite pricey. Might have to buy it as we have so much friends lego now.
  • shrewdmum
    LEGO® Friends Brickmaster (Lego Brickmaster)-
    Now down to £9.46 on Amazon, apologies to everyone who bought it at £10.51, perhaps you may have time to cancel your previous order.
    Unfortunately I can't as its been despatched. Grrrrrr....
    • bekkki1
    • By bekkki1 15th Oct 12, 11:51 AM
    • 316 Posts
    • 635 Thanks
    bekkki1
    The book people have a few different brickmasters in stock from £9.99 inc city, pirate, atlantis, Ninjago, castle

http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_searchResult_tbp?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051& langId=100&searchTerm=lego+brickmaster

Plus there is a code for free delivery

I bought my son the delux box (5508) for £20 from Very as posted previously. These are still £30+ in Argos and Amazon
    Last edited by bekkki1; 15-10-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    • doncastercity
    • By doncastercity 15th Oct 12, 12:55 PM
    • 243 Posts
    • 349 Thanks
    doncastercity
    best lego deal ive seen for a long time!

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_61167+ENT0011964_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7ESale%7EGifts+%26amp%3B+toys%7E Toys+%26amp%3B+games rofl
    If ive helped in any way please feel free to hit the "thanks" button!
    It only takes a second and means so much
    • building with lego
    • By building with lego 15th Oct 12, 1:01 PM
    • 2,307 Posts
    • 5,661 Thanks
    building with lego
    POTC Whitecap Bay also available at the same amazing discount!
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm.
  • vickynleon
    wow debenhams really are getting generous with their offers :P
    • azana
    • By azana 15th Oct 12, 7:18 PM
    • 162 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    azana
    after a brief spell at rrp back down to £67.25 again
    • jemmahowells
    • By jemmahowells 15th Oct 12, 8:00 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    jemmahowells
    Lego Friends Brickmaster is £9.00 at Asda with free delivery to store:
    http://direct.asda.com/LEGO-Friends-Brickmaster/008219958,default,pd.html

Its £9.46 at Tesco too with free delivery to store:
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/lego-friends-brickmaster/ZM7-D6QX.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=ZM7-D6QX

Tesco also have Emmas Design Fashion Studio for £6.99 with free delivery to store. Seems to be around the £10-£11 mark everywhere else. http://www.tesco.com/direct/lego-friends-emmas-fashion-design-studio-3936/215-0868.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=215-0868

Noticed the Lego Friends lunchbox and drinking bottle on the tesco website too. Out of stock at the moment but maybe one to keep an eye on:
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/lego-friends-storage-lunch-box/281-1905.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=281-1905

Don't forget quidco too!!
    • chickywiggle
    • By chickywiggle 15th Oct 12, 11:02 PM
    • 5,139 Posts
    • 26,910 Thanks
    chickywiggle
    Apparently the lego/ wh smith/ toyrus/ Sun promotion WILL be going ahead again from 27th October.

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=4459
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-lego-promo-starts-27th-october-with-sun-newspaper-1336611

30163: Thor and the Cosmic cube
    30165: Hawkeye with equipment
    30162: Quinjet
    30017: City Police Boat
    30200: Zombie chauffeur coffin car
    30152: City Mining Quad
    30085: Ninjago Jumping Snakes
    30210: Lord of the Rings Frodo with cooking corner
    30211: Lord of the Rings Uruk Hai with ballista
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas.
    • andipandi72
    • By andipandi72 16th Oct 12, 10:42 AM
    • 266 Posts
    • 518 Thanks
    andipandi72
    Anybody seen any Lego Technic deals lately? Thanks
    Every sixty seconds you spend angry, upset or mad, is a full minute of happiness you'll never get back..
    • Morgy9
    • By Morgy9 16th Oct 12, 11:48 AM
    • 1,423 Posts
    • 24,786 Thanks
    Morgy9
    Lego spacejuump
    Borrowed the link from something posted on HDUK (deal already on here) but liked this post in comments - the little lego admirers will love this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yFU774q6eVM

HTH
  • JJBargain
    LEGO City Forest Police Station 4440
    LEGO City Forest Police Station 4440 £39.99 @ Smyths Toys

Also available @ Mothercare for £59.99 using their price match promise (details here) this should make it £35.99

EDIT : Just noticed that item not in stock for home delivery available for on shelf promise at store, not sure if Mothercare will match this or not. Sorry.
    Last edited by JJBargain; 16-10-2012 at 1:40 PM.
    It only takes a second to say thanks!
    Remember: Amazon prices change quickly!!!
  • cath000
    ninjago encyclopedia
    http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langI d=100&productId=309891&searchTerm=LEGO+Ninjago+Cha racter+Encyclopedia

only £4.99 on book people, this is £10+ on amazon
    • princessmoneysaver
    • By princessmoneysaver 16th Oct 12, 9:31 PM
    • 15,581 Posts
    • 321,098 Thanks
    princessmoneysaver
    Apparently the lego/ wh smith/ toyrus/ Sun promotion WILL be going ahead again from 27th October.

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=4459
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-lego-promo-starts-27th-october-with-sun-newspaper-1336611
    Originally posted by chickywiggle
    What happened to the FRIENDS figure I wonder?

My little miracle 02/12/16
    RIP Dad 13/06/17

• AcroCake
    Christmas tree?
    Only just found out about The Sun's giveaways. Did last week's go as planned?
    I think the Chistmas Tree should have been last Thursday - I'm so upset I didn't know about it. I was actually in the Lego shop in Manchester that day!

Might just have to head to eBay then
    • Morgy9
    • By Morgy9 17th Oct 12, 4:18 AM
    • 1,423 Posts
    • 24,786 Thanks
    Morgy9
    Only just found out about The Sun's giveaways. Did last week's go as planned?
    I think the Chistmas Tree should have been last Thursday - I'm so upset I didn't know about it. I was actually in the Lego shop in Manchester that day!

Might just have to head to eBay then
    Originally posted by AcroCake
    AcroCake - the Sun giveaways don't start until 27th October so you still have another week and a bit.........

The previous one looked like a false alarm but this has appeared on brickset so looks like this will go ahead. (usually about half term). We just need to remmeber to bump it nearer the time! HTH
    • mew
    • By mew 17th Oct 12, 8:25 AM
    • 1,001 Posts
    • 1,224 Thanks
    mew
    Play.com Have the Lego Mine (4204) for £50.79.
    Unfortunately though Play.com doesn't have a good record of sending Lego items well packaged.

The Lego Star Wars Advent Calandar is now only £19.99 at Amazon.co.uk, The friends is £18.80 and City £17.99. Cheap if you only want one calendar.
    Last edited by mew; 17-10-2012 at 10:52 AM.
  • AcroCake
    The previous one looked like a false alarm but this has appeared on brickset so looks like this will go ahead. (usually about half term). We just need to remmeber to bump it nearer the time! HTH
    Originally posted by Morgy9
    Oh, phew! But This giveaway doesn't include the christmas tree (30009) that the false report included.
    Do you think there will be another giveaway nearer xmas that includes it?
    • building with lego
    • By building with lego 17th Oct 12, 10:58 AM
    • 2,307 Posts
    • 5,661 Thanks
    building with lego
    It was in last year's promo, along with the snowman.

Edit: instructions available here.
    Last edited by building with lego; 17-10-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,270Posts Today

7,937Users online

Martin's Twitter