Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    sunstarrr
    Kitchen fitting (B&Q)
    • 6th Jan 07, 12:07 AM
    Kitchen fitting (B&Q) 6th Jan 07 at 12:07 AM
    We are having our kitchen totally redone, it's a very small kitchen (2.4m x 1.4m). Quote from B&Q was £1500 for the units/appliances.. we thought this sounded ok - it includes integrated washing machine, electric oven, gas hob, hob chimney, new sink, taps, worktop, 8 units, and new flooring (we are keeping our existing fridge/freezer)

BUT......... for our tiny kitchen they quoted us £2700!!! for fitting. Ridiculous, no? Especially considering that this charge does not include extras that we will need e.g. swapping round the position of the washing machine & cooker. It also includes a £77 charge for moving our freestanding fridge/freezer out of the kitchen during fitting, and moving it back into the space in the kitchen afterwards! Think I can move the fridge myself actually!!!!

Suffice to say that we are NOT getting the kitchen fitted by B&Q, although we are ordering the units & appliances from them we are getting a local handyman to do the fitting....
Page 4
    • siliconbits
    • By siliconbits 17th Apr 16, 10:36 PM
    • 378 Posts
    • 7,174 Thanks
    siliconbits
    Hi, did you take them to court? They say their kitchen comes with 5 year warranty on workmanship.
    :rolleyes: Links are a man's best friends.com
    • PerkiTrev
    • By PerkiTrev 14th Jun 17, 3:55 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PerkiTrev
    PerkiTrev
    hi i've just been quoted £4000 by b & q to install a mid range kitchen (10' by 7') and no matter how professional and competent the installer the price cannot be justified. Wickes quoted £1300 to fit a higher spec kitchen and a local bespoke kitchen company the same. I never thought that buying a kitchen would be like going to the dentist !
    • mycar37
    • By mycar37 17th Jun 17, 8:10 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mycar37
    All these posts are over 10 years old. Isn't there any more up-to-date information than this?
    BB37
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,500Posts Today

7,534Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin