Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saverjules
    • By saverjules 6th Aug 11, 10:32 AM
    • 44Posts
    • 23Thanks
    saverjules
    Southern Pacific Mortgate Ltd SPML PPI Reclaim
    • 6th Aug 11, 10:32 AM
    Southern Pacific Mortgate Ltd SPML PPI Reclaim 6th Aug 11 at 10:32 AM
    I know that SPML went in 2008 and I believe that Acenden (?) have taken over the accounts.

My partner settled his mortgate with them in September 2006 and we have just found the paperwork with front loaded PPI (for only a 36 month term?) on a 30 year mortgage. There is paperwork from both Capstone and SPML but I believe they are all the same organisation anyway. He remembers it was over the phone.

He again was not told that he could shop around or that it was front loaded- just given a montly figure to pay for the mortgage.
    My question is - how to go about claiming from Acenden (if that is the correct route) when we have never dealt with them.

Has anyone any experience of claims in this situation, did they settle, who is best to write to etc, etc

Thanks!
Page 1
    • roonaldo
    • By roonaldo 6th Aug 11, 11:00 AM
    • 3,363 Posts
    • 1,597 Thanks
    roonaldo
    • 6th Aug 11, 11:00 AM
    • 6th Aug 11, 11:00 AM
    Do you apply for this through a broker? its just that most of SPML mortgages were sold by brokers.
    • saverjules
    • By saverjules 6th Aug 11, 11:34 AM
    • 44 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    saverjules
    • 6th Aug 11, 11:34 AM
    • 6th Aug 11, 11:34 AM
    Do you apply for this through a broker? its just that most of SPML mortgages were sold by brokers.
    Originally posted by roonaldo
    Sadly we don't have any details of a broker in all the paperwork- how can we find that out?
    • roonaldo
    • By roonaldo 6th Aug 11, 11:44 AM
    • 3,363 Posts
    • 1,597 Thanks
    roonaldo
    • 6th Aug 11, 11:44 AM
    • 6th Aug 11, 11:44 AM
    your memory! did you apply for the mortgage direct or through an intermediary?
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 6th Aug 11, 11:46 AM
    • 49,914 Posts
    • 41,595 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 6th Aug 11, 11:46 AM
    • 6th Aug 11, 11:46 AM
    SPML was a subsidiary company of Lehmans. So the chances of recovering any monies are zero.
    A man is rich who lives upon what he has. A man is poor who lives upon what is coming. A prudent man lives within his income, and saves against a rainy day.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Aug 11, 12:39 PM
    • 84,044 Posts
    • 49,061 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Aug 11, 12:39 PM
    • 6th Aug 11, 12:39 PM
    Sadly we don't have any details of a broker in all the paperwork- how can we find that out?
    You cant remember who you used to buy the mortgage?

Has anyone any experience of claims in this situation, did they settle, who is best to write to etc, etc
    I believe the lender was broker only which means you have to complain to the broker.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Liz..
    • 30th Sep 12, 10:33 AM
    • 30th Sep 12, 10:33 AM
    SPML was a subsidiary company of Lehmans. So the chances of recovering any monies are zero.
    Originally posted by Thrugelmir
    You can still claim
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 30th Sep 12, 12:31 PM
    • 84,044 Posts
    • 49,061 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 30th Sep 12, 12:31 PM
    • 30th Sep 12, 12:31 PM
    You can still claim
    Originally posted by Liz..

against whom? The OP cannot remember the broker.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • roonaldo
    • By roonaldo 30th Sep 12, 9:34 PM
    • 3,363 Posts
    • 1,597 Thanks
    roonaldo
    • 30th Sep 12, 9:34 PM
    • 30th Sep 12, 9:34 PM
    You can still claim
    Originally posted by Liz..
    1. This post is over a year old.
    2. No you cant, if you cant remember the broker and also this is likely to be a pre regulation sale, they are probably unlikely to be trading. It wont come under FOS or FSCS jurisdiction.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

120Posts Today

2,089Users online

Martin's Twitter