Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Grimbal
    • By Grimbal 5th Aug 11, 11:16 AM
    • 2,306Posts
    • 3,431Thanks
    Grimbal
    The "have a look at this!" thread II
    • 5th Aug 11, 11:16 AM
    The "have a look at this!" thread II 5th Aug 11 at 11:16 AM
    Official MSE Insert:

Thanks to Grimbal for starting this thread, where compulsive Rightmove browsers share their funniest finds. Scroll down for Playboy mansions, unusual extensions, toilets in wardrobes and mysterious presences under bedcovers.

Back to the original post...

Thought I'd start off a new thread as the other one was getting to be pretty long. The old thread can be found here.

How about starting up a thread dedicated to the interesting properties that we come across in our searches ?

I'm guessing these guys don't invite their granny over to watch TV

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 15-06-2016 at 2:02 PM.
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
Page 981
    • Dandie89
    • By Dandie89 22nd Sep 16, 10:39 AM
    • 61 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    Dandie89
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62059382.html

Not often you see a first floor garage is it?
    • cannyshopper
    • By cannyshopper 22nd Sep 16, 11:02 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    cannyshopper
    I knew someone who designed their own upside-down house (mid 1970's) coincidentally not too far out of Salford. It had great views which were maximised by being on the top floor. You can't say the same about the terraced houses though!
    • cannyshopper
    • By cannyshopper 22nd Sep 16, 11:07 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    cannyshopper
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62059382.html

Not often you see a first floor garage is it?
    Originally posted by Dandie89
    The concept isn't too bad when you are looking at a steeply sloping site, and doesn't seem particularly unusual on that road, but I've seen plenty that are more aesthetically pleasing.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 22nd Sep 16, 11:53 AM
    • 5,836 Posts
    • 18,549 Thanks
    fairy lights
    It's probably been posted here before but Salford had a development of converted terraced houses built on those principles
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43576165.html
    Originally posted by zagubov
    I don't understand why they would do that. From the look of the terrace area, they have built a communal first floor level platform over the top of the space where the gardens/back yards would be. But the ground floor doesn't look like it's been extended to fill that space underneath so there must just be an empty cavern under there which is odd.
    Maybe it looks better in reality but I can't quite get my head around it.

Edit: I also HATE the wetroom. The floor would get wet when you have a shower and after that you wouldn't be able to go to the loo without getting wet socks.
    Last edited by fairy lights; 22-09-2016 at 11:59 AM.
    • jayss
    • By jayss 22nd Sep 16, 12:33 PM
    • 533 Posts
    • 718 Thanks
    jayss
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41299731.html

Pics 7 and 8 anyone for a disco?
    • SingleSue
    • By SingleSue 22nd Sep 16, 1:13 PM
    • 9,478 Posts
    • 51,251 Thanks
    SingleSue
    I would love to have this....

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61923041.html
    Keep battling on, I will get there eventually..even if I don't know where there is! Now a degree student and a carer to 3 disabled sons! Eldests' diagnosis (4.5.10) is Ehlers Danlos Hypermobility type and now it looks like I have it too (13.1.11) eekk!
    Tilly Tidy #10 92.24/180
    • Mallotum X
    • By Mallotum X 22nd Sep 16, 2:35 PM
    • 2,461 Posts
    • 10,897 Thanks
    Mallotum X
    Someone liked patterns, and mirrors...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44482098.html
    • Cakeguts
    • By Cakeguts 22nd Sep 16, 2:56 PM
    • 645 Posts
    • 804 Thanks
    Cakeguts
    Originally posted by Mallotum X
    I wonder if that extension has planning permission? It is behind the garage have people been renting it?
    • zagubov
    • By zagubov 22nd Sep 16, 3:42 PM
    • 12,991 Posts
    • 115,943 Thanks
    zagubov
    I don't understand why they would do that. From the look of the terrace area, they have built a communal first floor level platform over the top of the space where the gardens/back yards would be. But the ground floor doesn't look like it's been extended to fill that space underneath so there must just be an empty cavern under there which is odd.
    Maybe it looks better in reality but I can't quite get my head around it.

Edit: I also HATE the wetroom. The floor would get wet when you have a shower and after that you wouldn't be able to go to the loo without getting wet socks.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    There is a communal driveway and carports under the first floor platform so you can drive to your house. So, parking's secure and off-road and overlooked by houses. The gardens are like roof gardens and are raised so you can overlook them while you're in the kitchen etc. I think.
    Last edited by zagubov; 23-09-2016 at 9:27 AM.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • phoebe1989seb
    • By phoebe1989seb 22nd Sep 16, 3:59 PM
    • 2,843 Posts
    • 5,974 Thanks
    phoebe1989seb
    Truly hideous
    Paid off mortgage early - mortgage-free since age 40 (2007)

Over 40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
    • SingleMaltWhisky
    • By SingleMaltWhisky 22nd Sep 16, 5:36 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    SingleMaltWhisky

Oh my word! Every room is so different from the next you'd get whiplash going through each doorway. Those mirrors though, they're vile. *shudder*
    • StumpyPumpy
    • By StumpyPumpy 22nd Sep 16, 7:19 PM
    • 1,072 Posts
    • 2,841 Thanks
    StumpyPumpy
    I wonder if that extension has planning permission? It is behind the garage have people been renting it?
    Originally posted by Cakeguts
    Yes it has: 79/00924/FUL granted by Luton Council. What made you think it might not have been?

SP
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 22nd Sep 16, 7:27 PM
    • 20,140 Posts
    • 82,571 Thanks
    Davesnave
    Originally posted by Cakeguts
    No, it's mostly a playroom:
    Side Extension - Play Room

33' 11'' x 8' 9'' (10.35m x 2.69m)

Luton is famous for it's outhouses and playrooms.
    'Opportunity is missed by most people, because it's usually dressed in overalls and looks like work.' Thomas Edison.
    • 9ja4life
    • By 9ja4life 22nd Sep 16, 8:47 PM
    • 159 Posts
    • 297 Thanks
    9ja4life
    If you've ever wanted to go up to the kitchen and down to bed or to feel like you're sleeping in a garage with a window:

'UNUSUAL TOPSY TURVY HOUSE! ** With a light and airy first floor providing open plan living room and modern kitchen and two bedrooms and a LUXURY bathroom to the ground floor! HAS TO BE SEEN!'

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42102033.html
    Originally posted by SingleMaltWhisky
    Pic 5 really hurts my eyes!
    • Leven
    • By Leven 22nd Sep 16, 9:42 PM
    • 87 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    Leven
    Pic 3 - what the piggin' hell is that supposed to mean and what is the point of it?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61122671.html
    • chickenmama
    • By chickenmama 22nd Sep 16, 10:23 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    chickenmama
    Leven, my phone won't let me quote but your post had me crying with laughter, not sure if it was the tone of your post or the offending item itself but after feeling ill all day today I really needed that!
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 22nd Sep 16, 10:31 PM
    • 3,379 Posts
    • 68,562 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Pic 3 - what the piggin' hell is that supposed to mean and what is the point of it?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61122671.html
    Originally posted by Leven
    Hamatreya

Leven, my phone won't let me quote but your post had me crying with laughter, not sure if it was the tone of your post or the offending item itself but after feeling ill all day today I really needed that!
    Originally posted by chickenmama

Last edited by Chrisv; 22-09-2016 at 10:44 PM.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • Cakeguts
    • By Cakeguts 22nd Sep 16, 11:38 PM
    • 645 Posts
    • 804 Thanks
    Cakeguts
    I must make sure I get one of those when I sell a house. Putting it in one of the photos obviously helps the buyers to decide.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 22nd Sep 16, 11:46 PM
    • 5,836 Posts
    • 18,549 Thanks
    fairy lights
    So in spring when all the daffodils come up, that's just the earth taking the !!!!?
    • mozza78
    • By mozza78 23rd Sep 16, 2:09 AM
    • 73 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    mozza78
    Spot the minion

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-44094600.html
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

788Posts Today

5,743Users online

Martin's Twitter