Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Grimbal
    • By Grimbal 5th Aug 11, 11:16 AM
    • 2,188Posts
    • 3,431Thanks
    Grimbal
    The "have a look at this!" thread II
    • 5th Aug 11, 11:16 AM
    The "have a look at this!" thread II 5th Aug 11 at 11:16 AM
    Official MSE Insert:

Thanks to Grimbal for starting this thread, where compulsive Rightmove browsers share their funniest finds. Scroll down for Playboy mansions, unusual extensions, toilets in wardrobes and mysterious presences under bedcovers.

Back to the original post...

Thought I'd start off a new thread as the other one was getting to be pretty long. The old thread can be found here.

How about starting up a thread dedicated to the interesting properties that we come across in our searches ?

I'm guessing these guys don't invite their granny over to watch TV

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 15-06-2016 at 2:02 PM.
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
Page 1167
    • Trazy
    • By Trazy 10th Feb 18, 9:25 AM
    • 2,694 Posts
    • 7,560 Thanks
    Trazy
    Originally posted by Lummoxley
    It looks like a dirty protest
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything. - Mark Twain

Nappies and government ministers need to be changed frequently and for the same reason
    • Cakeguts
    • By Cakeguts 11th Feb 18, 12:09 AM
    • 3,765 Posts
    • 5,207 Thanks
    Cakeguts
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66301796.html It is the corridor in the kitchen....
    • StumpyPumpy
    • By StumpyPumpy 11th Feb 18, 12:27 AM
    • 1,211 Posts
    • 3,230 Thanks
    StumpyPumpy
    Originally posted by Cakeguts
    It is probably all they could get away with under the terms of the grade II listing. I'd never want the hassle of owning a listed building myself, though it might be worth it in this case just to see the expression on the vicar's face when you told him that you were the owner of the local Haugh House.

SP
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 11th Feb 18, 8:15 AM
    • 14,881 Posts
    • 41,150 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    Originally posted by Cakeguts
    I can feel myself reaching for thermals to live in that house.

I've got visions of it being so cold (with all those high ceilings/single-glazed windows/etc) - and add that it's further north than I'm used to and .

Maybe it should be advertised as "Ideal buyer = one of those people left freezing half to death outside Scandinavian homes in the winter as a baby and their personal thermostat has never quite recovered since" (thinking of the fact I gather some Scandinavians leave their babies outside in the winter in their prams in all that cold - because somebody told them it's healthy and they believed them!!!!).
    Last edited by moneyistooshorttomention; 11-02-2018 at 8:21 AM.
    NOT dancing to anyone else's tune.

It's the 21st century now....
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 12th Feb 18, 10:30 AM
    • 2,055 Posts
    • 6,226 Thanks
    Penitent
    It looks like a dirty protest
    Originally posted by Trazy
    That's one of those phrases where I'm fairly certain I know what it means, but I feel it's safer not to google it to find out for sure.
    • LandyAndy
    • By LandyAndy 12th Feb 18, 12:07 PM
    • 24,140 Posts
    • 51,024 Thanks
    LandyAndy
    https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/46544997

I find the bathroom layout odd. All that space, but they chose a miniature bath and squeezed the loo at the end of it? I assume the loo had to go there for waste pipe-related reasons, but surely they could have laid the bath, shower and sink out in a way that would let them put a grown-up bath in?
    Originally posted by Penitent

Could, at least partly, be an optical illusion brought on by the extreme lens the EA has used.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 12th Feb 18, 12:13 PM
    • 24,294 Posts
    • 90,991 Thanks
    Davesnave
    Could, at least partly, be an optical illusion brought on by the extreme lens the EA has used.
    Originally posted by LandyAndy
    It could actually be a different house's bathroom for all the resemblance it bears to the layout on the plan.
    'A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they'll never sit in.'
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 12th Feb 18, 12:28 PM
    • 2,055 Posts
    • 6,226 Thanks
    Penitent
    It could actually be a different house's bathroom for all the resemblance it bears to the layout on the plan.
    Originally posted by Davesnave

I didn't even notice that.
    • Cressie
    • By Cressie 12th Feb 18, 12:54 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Cressie
    Originally posted by Davesnave
    I hadn't noticed that either, but looking again, the whole floorplan bears little resemblance to the pictures. The windows definitely don't match, and the plan shows a fireplace in the living room.
    Last edited by Cressie; 12-02-2018 at 12:54 PM. Reason: misplaced comma
    • tom9980
    • By tom9980 12th Feb 18, 6:04 PM
    • 1,242 Posts
    • 3,728 Thanks
    tom9980
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-71237513.html

The pictures do not do it justice.
    “In order to change, we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.”
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 12th Feb 18, 6:58 PM
    • 2,055 Posts
    • 6,226 Thanks
    Penitent
    Originally posted by tom9980
    "inviting updating throughout"- It's not so much inviting as begging for it.
    • bouicca21
    • By bouicca21 12th Feb 18, 7:11 PM
    • 3,466 Posts
    • 4,898 Thanks
    bouicca21
    Definitely begging for it, but streetview suggests the whole street might be in need of a makeover.
    • Deep In Debt
    • By Deep In Debt 12th Feb 18, 8:37 PM
    • 8,103 Posts
    • 12,621 Thanks
    Deep In Debt
    Originally posted by tom9980
    What's in the garden in the last picture? Looks too high to be a washing line.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 12th Feb 18, 9:10 PM
    • 2,055 Posts
    • 6,226 Thanks
    Penitent
    What's in the garden in the last picture? Looks too high to be a washing line.
    Originally posted by Deep In Debt
    I think it is a washing line, but it's got tangled up inthe Evil Shrub of Death.
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 13th Feb 18, 7:04 AM
    • 14,881 Posts
    • 41,150 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    Definitely begging for it, but streetview suggests the whole street might be in need of a makeover.
    Originally posted by bouicca21
    Well it tells the tale that you'd be in the same position as the family 2 doors along - trying to sit out in your front garden and look at gardens to the side of you, as well as your own front garden

....followed by your eye instantly landing on a car parked in the garden to the side of yours = cue for thinking "Damn - I've got to put up some trees/fencing/something on that side of my garden to block out sight of neighbours car from myself".

I guess that's the first Rule of Gardening for late 20th/early 21st century gardening = Check out how many neighbouring eyesores you're going to have to block out of sight in your garden - you could land up with a garden that has to have "something to block eyesores on all 3 sides and start feeling pretty hemmed-in".

• badger09
    • By badger09 13th Feb 18, 3:12 PM
    • 5,896 Posts
    • 5,233 Thanks
    badger09
    "inviting updating throughout"- It's not so much inviting as begging for it.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    Gagging for it

Interesting combinations of wallpaper & lino/carpet though. More is definitely more
    • SuperMoose
    • By SuperMoose 13th Feb 18, 10:17 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 177 Thanks
    SuperMoose
    When "World of Nets" has a closing down sale

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-70004495.html

More photos here
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 14th Feb 18, 6:52 AM
    • 14,881 Posts
    • 41,150 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    When "World of Nets" has a closing down sale

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-70004495.html

More photos here
    Originally posted by SuperMoose
    ...and, apparently, "completely refurbished and immaculately kept"

Translation = I spent all of a couple of hundred £s on it and didn't even bother to mend the loo handle.

Though I suppose one can't expect much - as my reaction to that price was "HOW little? Cor....".

• ohhellosailor
    • By ohhellosailor 14th Feb 18, 8:53 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 3,203 Thanks
    ohhellosailor
    Though I suppose one can't expect much - as my reaction to that price was "HOW little? Cor....".
    Originally posted by moneyistooshorttomention
    I'd live amongst the nets, re-home rescue nets, cloak myself in nets around the house and become the Net Queen for that price. That's not even enough for a deposit in London. Waaa.
    SSDGM!

House deposit: £5,250/£20,000 (my half)
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 14th Feb 18, 9:59 AM
    • 14,881 Posts
    • 41,150 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    I'd live amongst the nets, re-home rescue nets, cloak myself in nets around the house and become the Net Queen for that price. That's not even enough for a deposit in London. Waaa.
    Originally posted by ohhellosailor
    So would I have in the event back when I was still "climbing the walls" wondering how a single person was supposed to buy a starter home in my home area and that was decades ago

Latest check of my home area revealed it would be possible to buy literally one fixed caravan home in a holiday park for that sort of money.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

197Posts Today

2,017Users online

Martin's Twitter