Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Ally74
    How much Energy should a Fridge/Freezer use?
    • 28th Jul 11, 11:06 AM
    How much Energy should a Fridge/Freezer use? 28th Jul 11 at 11:06 AM
    I bought a new Fridge Freezer a few months ago and i have a slight concern it's using more electricity than it should.

I keep track of my Kwh units used quite regularly and before i got this fridge freezer the units used would stay the exact same at bedtime until i got up the next morning. Now it rises by 1 unit through the night.

We recently went away for 3 days and 5 units were used and more recently for 10 days and 15 units were used.

I'm fairly sure there is nothing else using up the units other than a digital clock i have in my room.

The thermostat is set at 1 (anyone else use lower than this?)

Booklet for Fridge Freezer states:-
    Energy Efficiency A
    Kwh/year 281
    Total net storage 195 litres
    Frozen compartment 4 star
    Climate class N
    Operating noise level dB (A) 39

It might not sound like a lot of Kwh used but over a year they all add up, especially if it's not running as efficiently as it should.

Any info appreciated.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

356Posts Today

1,282Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Apologies for the vulgarity but did the #Wimbledon bbc2 commentator just say "he doesn't beat himself off?"

• Eeek did we forget to pay the meter? No power in MSE Towers - no phones - (appartently power down in whole central london)

• Warning! Did you start Uni in or after 2012? If so govt mooting making your loans more costly. See http://t.co/oF99EWBpIZ RT to spread word

• Follow Martin