Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    hollie.weimeraner
    How do I Calculate Volume of Water in my Central Heating System?
    • 1st Jan 07, 11:54 AM
    How do I Calculate Volume of Water in my Central Heating System? 1st Jan 07 at 11:54 AM
    I have just had a radiator spring a leak and will be replacing it with a new one. Unfortunately the feed and return are both contained in the same valve which has a copper feed tube inserted into the Rad. In order to replace the radiator I am now having to drain the system and fit standard valves to it. While I'm doing this I may as well clean and flush the system (which isn't badly sludged) but need to calculate how much cleanser is needed (1% solution).

Anyone know how to calculate the volume of water please? System has 10mm pipework and 11 radiators and is installed in a detached 4 bedroomed house.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,735Posts Today

7,790Users online

Martin's Twitter