Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

0 WOW
    amazon toy clearance - scooby doo shaker maker
    • 31st Dec 06, 5:07 PM
    0 WOW
    amazon toy clearance - scooby doo shaker maker 31st Dec 06 at 5:07 PM
    I had a message off another mse member the other day asking if I had any problems with the shaker maker, not being sticky. I hadn't used it yet at the time, so couldnt be of any help.

We have just been trying to use it, and like the member that messaged me, the picture sheets arent sticky, so the sand doesn't stick to it :confused:

I was just wondering if any other members who brought the same product have had the same trouble? I know a lot of people purchased stuff from the amazon toy clearance when it was posted on here, so did anyone else get the shaker maker?

I'm not to sure what to do about it? Do I contact amazon? or contact the manufacturer? Got one very disappointed son at the mo
Page 1
  • violetb
    • 31st Dec 06, 6:15 PM
    • 31st Dec 06, 6:15 PM
    Hi there, The same thing happened to me. I emailed the manufacturers who were really helpful and sent replacement cards immediately at no charge. They worked fine.

Good luck.
    • Loobysaver
    • By Loobysaver 31st Dec 06, 6:21 PM
    • 764 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    • 31st Dec 06, 6:21 PM
    • 31st Dec 06, 6:21 PM
    That's interesting. My dd got a dr who shaker maker for xmas that hasn't been opened yet. I might get it out tomorrow.
    • bobsa1
    • By bobsa1 31st Dec 06, 7:00 PM
    • 1,735 Posts
    • 1,336 Thanks
    • 31st Dec 06, 7:00 PM
    • 31st Dec 06, 7:00 PM
    No the shaker maker but I got the wobble board in the amazon sale. on xmas day it didn't work so I emailed amazon. Boxing day got a reply saying they were sending a replacement and for me to return original at their cost. Sure enough on Wed. new wobble board arrived. Drop amazon an email if you are having probs with their products.

Best of luck
  • jo_b
    • 31st Dec 06, 7:34 PM
    • 31st Dec 06, 7:34 PM
    Slightly off-topic but I brought a Star Wars light-sabre in the Amazon toy clearance for a Christmas present. When my son opened it we noticed that the screw to open the battery compartment was damaged so we can't put batteries in it!

I emailed Amazon the other day but haven't had a response back as yet.
    • Jammygal
    • By Jammygal 31st Dec 06, 8:03 PM
    • 1,110 Posts
    • 2,162 Thanks
    • 31st Dec 06, 8:03 PM
    • 31st Dec 06, 8:03 PM
    I bought a Leapster in the toy clearance and that stopped working after an hour!!!:confused: :confused:
  • mirandab
    • 31st Dec 06, 8:13 PM
    • 31st Dec 06, 8:13 PM
    I bought a sudouko challenger from Amazon toy clearance that didn't work, also a spray art set that started okay but then stopped.

Have emailed them.

• princessmoneysaver
    • By princessmoneysaver 31st Dec 06, 8:33 PM
    • 15,508 Posts
    • 319,863 Thanks
    • 31st Dec 06, 8:33 PM
    • 31st Dec 06, 8:33 PM
    I got the Spray art set for DD, will have to get her to test it tomorrow.
    If anyone knows where my mojo is please let me know
  • icecubequeen
    • 1st Jan 07, 10:51 AM
    • 1st Jan 07, 10:51 AM
    Thanks for all the replies, just emailed the manufacturer of the shaker maker, hopefully will hear somehting back. If I don't I will get onto amazon about it.
    • pulliptears
    • By pulliptears 1st Jan 07, 11:25 AM
    • 13,483 Posts
    • 22,946 Thanks
    I worked in a toy shop, and shaker makers not being sticky was possibly the number one complaint (Next to the Hot Wheels T Rex which was ledgendarily crap!).
    "Gggggrrrrrr Rrrraaaahhh Rrrrrrggghhhhnn" - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)

• BJWJ
    We've had exactly the same problem, and another disapointed boy. I will try emailing the manufacturer too.
    my daughter had a dora sand art shaker maker for xmas,have had problems with getting the sand to stick at the top of pics,but found that v.vigorous shaking by a grown up worked.
    she had the shaker maker moulding set last year,that didnt work at all.
  • wanna-b-rich
    I bought two of the scooby doo sand art sets, neither of which were sticky. I have emailed AMAZON who can only offer a refund as the item is out of stock. I will try contacting the manafacturer and see if I get any joy there.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

186Posts Today

1,912Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Starting to get pumped up about the Davis cup - go GB!!! Come on Murrays

• RT @StigAbell: Protestors today shouting "no more wars". It would be lovely if life were as simple as that.

• RT @Stressed_Eric72: @MartinSLewis Well on that basis you'll end the series on a high note.

• Follow Martin