Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 14
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 11th Jun 17, 5:30 PM
    • 6,910 Posts
    • 18,507 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    I coached my new manager to check & remind folk about the date on the driving licence card & promptly got caught three years out. Ahem.

My travel claim is now on hold til the lovely lady at the post office gets my new licence card sent through. (Blimey their cube is potent medicine - backdrop, camera, signature plate and biometrics scanner all in one place!) For the peace of mind thus granted? Absolutely worth the extra fee.
    • natskee1416
    • By natskee1416 20th Jul 17, 7:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    natskee1416
    Hi everyone!

I realise this thread is a bit old now but hoping it might get seen anyway!

My driving license has expired and needs a change of name and address. There is no one form which covers all of that and the Post Office are baffled and gave me the wrong info. I tried calling the DVL;A tonight but went round the houses pressing different options for so long it was shut before I could talk to anyone!

I wondered if anyone else has had this situation and what you had to do to renew?

Thanks so much in advance!
    Natalie
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 21st Jul 17, 2:19 AM
    • 11,119 Posts
    • 8,380 Thanks
    unholyangel
    Hi everyone!

I realise this thread is a bit old now but hoping it might get seen anyway!

My driving license has expired and needs a change of name and address. There is no one form which covers all of that and the Post Office are baffled and gave me the wrong info. I tried calling the DVL;A tonight but went round the houses pressing different options for so long it was shut before I could talk to anyone!

I wondered if anyone else has had this situation and what you had to do to renew?

Thanks so much in advance!
    Natalie
    Originally posted by natskee1416
    The form (D1 pack available from post office or from DVLA) should say up the top left (on the front page) "What are you applying for" and then "please put (image of a blacked out box) against all that apply".

The 3 you want are:
    To change the name on my license
    To change the address on my licence
    To renew the photo on my license

£17 doing it by post I believe (the name & address change are free, its the renewal you're paying for).

https://www.gov.uk/renew-driving-licence#other-ways-to-apply
    https://www.gov.uk/driving-licence-fees
    Last edited by unholyangel; 21-07-2017 at 2:23 AM.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

686Posts Today

6,305Users online

Martin's Twitter