PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

House up for sale, no viewings after 2 weeks... is this normal???

Comments

• googler
    googler Posts: 16,103
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Other than that your house is nicely presented.

Are you being serious or sarcastic...?
  • madhouseof4
    madhouseof4 Posts: 848 Forumite
    I would be put off from even arranging a viewing by the photos of the garden.
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    My EA phoned me up yesterday and I got all excited it might be a viewer but she was just phoning to confirm there had been no interest - gutted! What a let down.
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • No, I am not being sarcastic at all. I thought it was nicely presented. What is wrong with the decor? I don't like the garden with astroturf.
  • cte1111
    cte1111 Posts: 7,390
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You need to get your estate agent to put the full details on the website. Currently it is only brief details in BLOCK CAPITALS follwed by PRELIMINARY SALES PARTICULARS - AWAITING VERIFICATION (subject to change) which make it seem like it is not properly on the market yet.

I thought the interior of your house looked fine. The garden does looks small and given that your neighbours just have a yard, is for me the downside of the property, e.g. not a proper garden. Can't comment on the price as don't know the area.
  • How much is the cost of your house which you are going to be sold please also mentioned about the cost of house and what are the features of house how many bedroom have.
  • Jazzie99
    Jazzie99 Posts: 289 Forumite
    googler wrote: »
    If others sold at £107k or so last year, why on earth are you priced at £115k..........???

£115k seems reasonable to me to start off with (you can always reduce price but cant increase it). If others have SOLD for £107k then people should be offering around that mark. If you put it on for £107k, you will get offers of around £100k or less ....

My house has been on for 5 weeks and we have our 15th viewer tomorrow... but then we do live in East London bordering Essex. 2 cheeky (and deluded) offers so far !!
    Friend Debt: 5,000/3,850
    2013 Start Mortgage: 306,585/306,585
    Overpayments: 0
    ISA Saver:
    £10
  • myhouse_2
    myhouse_2 Posts: 553
    First Post
    Forumite
    Jazzie99 wrote: »
    If others sold at £107k or so last year, why on earth are you priced at £115k..........???

£115k seems reasonable to me to start off with (you can always reduce price but cant increase it). If others have SOLD for £107k then people should be offering around that mark. If you put it on for £107k, you will get offers of around £100k or less ....

My house has been on for 5 weeks and we have our 15th viewer tomorrow... but then we do live in East London bordering Essex. 2 cheeky (and deluded) offers so far !!

SOLD, yes. But 1 year ago. Unlikely to get that now in most parts of the UK.
    As for your cheeky offers - don't know how cheeky they were, but often cheeky and deluded offers turn out to be the best you get.
    The OP is starting high, and therefore shouldn't be surprised at the lack of viewers.
  • DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    Mallotum_X wrote: »
    If the last one sold at 107k and you have yours up at 115 then most people will see that its overvalued.

Come off it the pair of you. Asking price is not selling price and asking price is not to be confused with value.

If it were any other house priced at £115, we would all say that it would probably not go for more than £105.

And if it were priced at £107, we would expect it to go for less than £100.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • neverdespairgirl
    neverdespairgirl Posts: 16,501 Forumite
    The_Haggis wrote: »
    Hi

2 properties on our street sold for 107000 late last year/early this year, all 3 houses up for sale at 114950 (im looking to achieve 110000 ideally, but could drop to 105000)

Where do you live? It's unlikely in most parts of the country that you'll get more than last year.
    ...much enquiry having been made concerning a gentleman, who had quitted a company where Johnson was, and no information being obtained; at last Johnson observed, that 'he did not care to speak ill of any man behind his back, but he believed the gentleman was an attorney'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure