Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • bingo bango
    • By bingo bango 29th Dec 06, 1:32 PM
    • 2,363 Posts
    • 1,384 Thanks
    bingo bango
    • 29th Dec 06, 1:32 PM
    • 29th Dec 06, 1:32 PM
    Depends on the phone as to where exactly it is., but there should be an option to see 'My Number' in the menus. Have a look at the phone book....it's likely in there.
    • Lady E
    • By Lady E 29th Dec 06, 1:33 PM
    • 1,025 Posts
    • 479 Thanks
    Lady E
    • 29th Dec 06, 1:33 PM
    • 29th Dec 06, 1:33 PM
    Only guessing here , but if it is a PAYG , have you tried calling 4444 , I am sure that half way through the free automated call you will get your tel no. repeated back to you .
  • Seagull
    • 29th Dec 06, 2:54 PM
    • 29th Dec 06, 2:54 PM
    The sim card should have been part of a credit card sized piece of plastic, was the number on that pice of plastic. Is it on the phone's box end ?
    • scousemanblue
    • By scousemanblue 29th Dec 06, 3:15 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    scousemanblue
    • 29th Dec 06, 3:15 PM
    • 29th Dec 06, 3:15 PM
    Cant he call someone and you will get the number that way?
    • buckrogers
    • By buckrogers 29th Dec 06, 3:39 PM
    • 785 Posts
    • 897 Thanks
    buckrogers
    • 29th Dec 06, 3:39 PM
    • 29th Dec 06, 3:39 PM
    If you've got a SIM card for a mobile, and don't know what the phone number is, the easiest way to check is to use the card to phone a landline phone number, and then from that landline phone, dial 1471. Caller identification should then repeat the number to you
    or
    Note that the telephone number itself isn't stored on the SIM card (this is how you're able to change phone number without getting a new SIM). The phone stores a unique number called a Subscriber Identity number (IMSI). Provided that you're able to connect your phone to a PC, you may be able to use PC software such as Oxygen to extract the IMSI from the SIM. Once you have the IMSI, you may be able to contact the SIM network operator & ask them to tell you which number maps to the IMSI.
    • veruccasalt
    • By veruccasalt 29th Dec 06, 6:00 PM
    • 1,409 Posts
    • 1,937 Thanks
    veruccasalt
    • 29th Dec 06, 6:00 PM
    • 29th Dec 06, 6:00 PM
    OP has stated that there is no credit on the SIM so he cant phone anyone. Wake up!! Are you all hung over!!
  • C_Ronaldo
    • 29th Dec 06, 6:18 PM
    • 29th Dec 06, 6:18 PM
    id put some credit on the phone then call your landline then hang up and do 1471 to find out the number

i have a k800i and if you press a button on the side it will tell you some other information along with the phones number
    No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • Trishh
    • 30th Dec 06, 12:28 AM
    • 30th Dec 06, 12:28 AM
    Thanks for the replies. Managed to get out and buy a top up voucher (it wouldn't let me top his fone up using my credit card??? works ok on mine )... Anyway, got it topped up and so he called my mobile & we got the number

Thanks again for your help.

Trish
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,431Posts Today

6,946Users online

Martin's Twitter