Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Shop but don't drop > Lidl / Auriol weather station manual (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Lidl / Auriol weather station manual
Views: 50,042
# 1
WOW Factor 0
Treacle Toes
Old 16-07-2011, 12:55 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Lidl / Auriol weather station manual

Hi

I wonder if anyone could help me.

I've just bought an Auriol radio-controlled weather station from Lidl in their Non Food Sale, but it hasnt got its user manual.

I'd prefer not to return it and I was wondering if anyone has this already and could email to me.

I've looked in google but cannot find it.

Thanks for reading.

TT
X
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
Owain Moneysaver
Old 16-07-2011, 8:49 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

It looks like a Ventus W155.

Manual here

FAQ here

Forum here
# 3
CFC
Old 17-07-2011, 12:44 AM
PPR
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Is it the one with an outdoor sensor and an indoor receiver, with a little frog decal on it for the forecast?
# 4
Keith_L
Old 05-08-2011, 11:05 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Auriol Weather Station Remote Sensor

I discovered this morning that our remote sensor has disappeared. I can't imagine why anyone would take it, we live in the country. Nor is it the sort of thing a squirrel would take (is it?)

Anyway, the question is where to get a replacement. I've looked and not found one yet, only the complete ensemble.

Keith
# 5
austin44
Old 11-08-2011, 1:08 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treacle Toes View Post
Hi

I wonder if anyone could help me.

I've just bought an Auriol radio-controlled weather station from Lidl in their Non Food Sale, but it hasnt got its user manual.

I'd prefer not to return it and I was wondering if anyone has this already and could email to me.

I've looked in google but cannot find it.

Thanks for reading.

TT
X
Hi
I had one of these bought for me as a Christmas present lat year. It is excellent. I have the instruction book (in about 57 languages) so let me know in what language you require the instructions; I will then post them on the net or send them to you.

Regards

Austin
# 6
harley1
Old 13-08-2011, 9:04 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hi. I bought this yesterday and am slightly confused by the instructions.

It states that the outside sensor is to be kept away from water. Now given the wonderful british climate how are the rest of you achieving this? At present i have slipped mine into a ziplock bag until I can figure out where to put it, but this will affect the humidity reading so I don't think that is much of a long term solution.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Harley x
Cross Stitch Challenge member 11 - May challenge well under way

Very proud mummy to Gorgeous baby girl - 29/09/09

Thanks to all who directed me to Quidco - 289.30 since Nov 09
# 7
Mynydd
Old 10-01-2012, 12:42 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Auriol Weather Stations and Parts

Distributor is inter-quartz.de.
Simply go to their website. All manuals can be found there.
Rob C
# 8
Mitramonday
Old 24-07-2012, 1:00 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi Austin44- you said the one you were given "is excellent". I have just bought one (Model No. Z31130 - is that the same as yours?) and, having finally got it to recognise the sensor, it is not giving me any outdoor temp or humidity - PLUS it is forecasting rain when we are in the middle of 'clear skies and heatwave' type weather! In the instructions it says that if the weather station differs from local weather reports, you should go by the local reports......I am left wondering what is the point of having the weather station?! Can you help?
# 9
andyt8
Old 02-10-2012, 10:07 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Weather forcast

Don't forget the weather forceast on ALL these types of weather stations works simply on the pressure trend over time and use it to predict the weather conditions - not now but arriving in the next few hours.

So your machine must be running and recording pressure for some while before the forecast has a chance of being correct.

Remember the old brass barometers with STORMY and FAIR on them for rising and falling pressure. Just an electronic version.
# 10
Jo Russell
Old 02-10-2012, 6:10 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitramonday View Post
Hi Austin44- you said the one you were given "is excellent". I have just bought one (Model No. Z31130 - is that the same as yours?) and, having finally got it to recognise the sensor, it is not giving me any outdoor temp or humidity - PLUS it is forecasting rain when we are in the middle of 'clear skies and heatwave' type weather! In the instructions it says that if the weather station differs from local weather reports, you should go by the local reports......I am left wondering what is the point of having the weather station?! Can you help?
How did you get it to recognise the outdoor sensor? Mine works - I get one flash when I put the battery in the sensor, but no reading - the reading for external just flashes - doesn't change.
My model is Z29962
Anyone got a link to customer support for this model?
thanks
# 11
aderynmawr
Old 02-12-2012, 7:33 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Russell View Post
My model is Z29962
Anyone got a link to customer support for this model?
thanks
My model is Z29962 too - can't find a manual anywhere

PLEASE can someone help me?
~~~~~~~~~ Ride it like you stole it ~~~~~~~~~

# 12
cinderfella
Old 02-12-2012, 8:26 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Well I have been all over the place looking for this one. Found your plea for help on the Auriol forum too.
Anyway I pressed on a find your Auriol manual 'here' so there should be some similarities hopefully. Its the Lidl model

http://www.ventusdesign.com/uploads/...english_01.pdf'

no sorry its the same as the posting above model

Last edited by cinderfella; 02-12-2012 at 8:30 PM.
# 13
cinderfella
Old 03-12-2012, 4:10 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

could it possibly be ......
http://www.inter-quartz.de/im/908_GB_neu.pdf
# 14
atroya
Old 06-02-2013, 2:41 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_L View Post
I discovered this morning that our remote sensor has disappeared. I can't imagine why anyone would take it, we live in the country. Nor is it the sort of thing a squirrel would take (is it?)

Anyway, the question is where to get a replacement. I've looked and not found one yet, only the complete ensemble.

Keith
The Gypsies pinched my outside sensor and I need to purchase another one.
Can I join your club. Have you found one yet? My model No is Z31092
atroya
# 15
Gaztam
Old 16-03-2013, 10:59 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Bought one of these today however can't seem to get the receiver to find the transmitter, it just says --C. Tried all channels and the mode where it scans all channels in turn.

The transmitter channel switch and reset hole doesn't line up with the actual switch and reset button on the Circuit board (German Engineering eh ? :-)), so had to remove the screws to find the channel it was set to. (Switch popped into position when reassembled)

Also noticed there is no 'O' seal to keep the inside dry, so even if it did work, I can't imagine it lasting beyond its first british winter. I'm tempted to put silicone around the join (If I get it working) otherwise it'll go back to Lidl.

You can download manuals from Lidls website (not allowed to post a link, but it's an option on their product menu)

Last edited by Gaztam; 16-03-2013 at 11:03 PM.
# 16
withywood
Old 12-05-2013, 11:55 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Send a message via Yahoo to withywood

i have a auriol weather station ian 71479 and its a hour fast - cant find how to put it on uk time.
if my house aint clean enough for you tough
# 17
withywood
Old 15-05-2013, 5:53 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Send a message via Yahoo to withywood

found it - read the instructions
if my house aint clean enough for you tough
# 18
maciekr
Old 07-07-2013, 9:43 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default external sensor problem?

I bought mentioned aobve weather station in LIDL a week ago. At first I enjoyed it very much. But on evenings I noticed that readings from external sensor stops on circa 24 C. I placed the station outside (side by side with external sensor) and it measures "inside" temperature correctly (which was far below 24 C) while "external" readings were constant. On the morning it appears that it is again working correctly. It seemed to be associated with the time of the day (during the day I have no time to constantly watch the station) but I think that is unlikely. Also the LED indicator on external sensor flashes red with very low frequency - no matter the readings are good or not (in the manual we read that indicator flashes after switch on and lids during reset, no repeated flashes during operation described). The situation repeats.
I have also tried below to solve the problem but without improvement:
  • Read the attached manual - in troubleshooting case not described (I have tried to reset the external sensor, but without success - although it resets - the red indicator lids)
  • Replaced the batteries with new ones
  • Tried to change the frequency channel - it switch to another, read signal but stops readings.
  • Tested to switch off the external sensor (removed batteries) - the base station indicates that los signal - no aerial icon and last readings flashes - but it not appears when readings are "frozen".
Maybe someone encountered similar problems with weather station and can help me. It is a little frustrating that it is working wrong. I know the station was not expensive but it looks solid and reliable. The malfunction is not constant. Please help me before I will smash the station along with the external sensor from 9th floor. Best regards,
# 19
Fograt
Old 13-08-2013, 6:39 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atroya View Post
The Gypsies pinched my outside sensor and I need to purchase another one.
Can I join your club. Have you found one yet? My model No is Z31092
atroya
Is there room for a third member here?
At 2am my dog went crazy, thinking it was a fox, I let her out but I've subsequently found that my outdoor sensor is gone and so is my wireless bell push. Perhaps it wasn't a squirrel that took yours Keith but a gadget mad fox!
# 20
Fograt
Old 13-08-2013, 6:41 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciekr View Post
The malfunction is not constant. Please help me before I will smash the station along with the external sensor from 9th floor. Best regards,
If you haven't smashed the sensor, maciekr, can I have first refusal?