Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Treacle Toes
    • By Treacle Toes 16th Jul 11, 12:55 PM
    • 167Posts
    • 517Thanks
    Treacle Toes
    0 WOW
    Lidl / Auriol weather station manual
    • 16th Jul 11, 12:55 PM
    0 WOW
    Lidl / Auriol weather station manual 16th Jul 11 at 12:55 PM
    Hi

I wonder if anyone could help me.

I've just bought an Auriol radio-controlled weather station from Lidl in their Non Food Sale, but it hasnt got its user manual.

I'd prefer not to return it and I was wondering if anyone has this already and could email to me.

I've looked in google but cannot find it.

Thanks for reading.

TT
    X
Page 1
    • Owain Moneysaver
    • By Owain Moneysaver 16th Jul 11, 8:49 PM
    • 6,639 Posts
    • 6,769 Thanks
    Owain Moneysaver
    • 16th Jul 11, 8:49 PM
    • 16th Jul 11, 8:49 PM
    It looks like a Ventus W155.

Manual here

FAQ here

Forum here
  • CFC
    • 17th Jul 11, 12:44 AM
    • 17th Jul 11, 12:44 AM
    Is it the one with an outdoor sensor and an indoor receiver, with a little frog decal on it for the forecast?
  • Keith_L
    • 5th Aug 11, 11:05 AM
    Auriol Weather Station Remote Sensor
    • 5th Aug 11, 11:05 AM
    I discovered this morning that our remote sensor has disappeared. I can't imagine why anyone would take it, we live in the country. Nor is it the sort of thing a squirrel would take (is it?)

Anyway, the question is where to get a replacement. I've looked and not found one yet, only the complete ensemble.

Keith
  • austin44
    • 11th Aug 11, 1:08 AM
    • 11th Aug 11, 1:08 AM
    Hi

I wonder if anyone could help me.

I've just bought an Auriol radio-controlled weather station from Lidl in their Non Food Sale, but it hasnt got its user manual.

I'd prefer not to return it and I was wondering if anyone has this already and could email to me.

I've looked in google but cannot find it.

Thanks for reading.

TT
    X
    Originally posted by Treacle Toes
    Hi
    I had one of these bought for me as a Christmas present lat year. It is excellent. I have the instruction book (in about 57 languages) so let me know in what language you require the instructions; I will then post them on the net or send them to you.

Regards

Austin
    • harley1
    • By harley1 13th Aug 11, 9:04 AM
    • 1,346 Posts
    • 6,058 Thanks
    harley1
    • 13th Aug 11, 9:04 AM
    • 13th Aug 11, 9:04 AM
    Hi. I bought this yesterday and am slightly confused by the instructions.

It states that the outside sensor is to be kept away from water. Now given the wonderful british climate how are the rest of you achieving this? At present i have slipped mine into a ziplock bag until I can figure out where to put it, but this will affect the humidity reading so I don't think that is much of a long term solution.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Harley x
    Cross Stitch Challenge member 11 - May challenge well under way

Very proud mummy to Gorgeous baby girl - 29/09/09

Thanks to all who directed me to Quidco - 289.30 since Nov 09
  • Mynydd
    • 10th Jan 12, 12:42 PM
    Auriol Weather Stations and Parts
    • 10th Jan 12, 12:42 PM
    Distributor is inter-quartz.de.
    Simply go to their website. All manuals can be found there.
    Rob C
  • Mitramonday
    • 24th Jul 12, 1:00 AM
    • 24th Jul 12, 1:00 AM
    Hi Austin44- you said the one you were given "is excellent". I have just bought one (Model No. Z31130 - is that the same as yours?) and, having finally got it to recognise the sensor, it is not giving me any outdoor temp or humidity - PLUS it is forecasting rain when we are in the middle of 'clear skies and heatwave' type weather! In the instructions it says that if the weather station differs from local weather reports, you should go by the local reports......I am left wondering what is the point of having the weather station?! Can you help?
    • andyt8
    • By andyt8 2nd Oct 12, 10:07 AM
    • 102 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    andyt8
    • 2nd Oct 12, 10:07 AM
    Weather forcast
    • 2nd Oct 12, 10:07 AM
    Don't forget the weather forceast on ALL these types of weather stations works simply on the pressure trend over time and use it to predict the weather conditions - not now but arriving in the next few hours.

So your machine must be running and recording pressure for some while before the forecast has a chance of being correct.

Remember the old brass barometers with STORMY and FAIR on them for rising and falling pressure. Just an electronic version.
  • Jo Russell
    Hi Austin44- you said the one you were given "is excellent". I have just bought one (Model No. Z31130 - is that the same as yours?) and, having finally got it to recognise the sensor, it is not giving me any outdoor temp or humidity - PLUS it is forecasting rain when we are in the middle of 'clear skies and heatwave' type weather! In the instructions it says that if the weather station differs from local weather reports, you should go by the local reports......I am left wondering what is the point of having the weather station?! Can you help?
    Originally posted by Mitramonday
    How did you get it to recognise the outdoor sensor? Mine works - I get one flash when I put the battery in the sensor, but no reading - the reading for external just flashes - doesn't change.
    My model is Z29962
    Anyone got a link to customer support for this model?
    thanks
    • aderynmawr
    • By aderynmawr 2nd Dec 12, 7:33 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    aderynmawr
    My model is Z29962
    Anyone got a link to customer support for this model?
    thanks
    Originally posted by Jo Russell
    My model is Z29962 too - can't find a manual anywhere

PLEASE can someone help me?
    ~~~~~~~~~ Ride it like you stole it ~~~~~~~~~

• cinderfella
    • By cinderfella 2nd Dec 12, 8:26 PM
    • 403 Posts
    • 234 Thanks
    cinderfella
    Well I have been all over the place looking for this one. Found your plea for help on the Auriol forum too.
    Anyway I pressed on a find your Auriol manual 'here' so there should be some similarities hopefully. Its the Lidl model

http://www.ventusdesign.com/uploads/tx_hmrventus/manual_W155-english_01.pdf'

no sorry its the same as the posting above model
    Last edited by cinderfella; 02-12-2012 at 8:30 PM.
    • cinderfella
    • By cinderfella 3rd Dec 12, 4:10 PM
    • 403 Posts
    • 234 Thanks
    cinderfella
    could it possibly be ......
    http://www.inter-quartz.de/im/908_GB_neu.pdf
  • atroya
    I discovered this morning that our remote sensor has disappeared. I can't imagine why anyone would take it, we live in the country. Nor is it the sort of thing a squirrel would take (is it?)

Anyway, the question is where to get a replacement. I've looked and not found one yet, only the complete ensemble.

Keith
    Originally posted by Keith_L
    The Gypsies pinched my outside sensor and I need to purchase another one.
    Can I join your club. Have you found one yet? My model No is Z31092
    atroya
  • Gaztam
    Bought one of these today however can't seem to get the receiver to find the transmitter, it just says --C. Tried all channels and the mode where it scans all channels in turn.

The transmitter channel switch and reset hole doesn't line up with the actual switch and reset button on the Circuit board (German Engineering eh ? :-)), so had to remove the screws to find the channel it was set to. (Switch popped into position when reassembled)

Also noticed there is no 'O' seal to keep the inside dry, so even if it did work, I can't imagine it lasting beyond its first british winter. I'm tempted to put silicone around the join (If I get it working) otherwise it'll go back to Lidl.

You can download manuals from Lidls website (not allowed to post a link, but it's an option on their product menu)
    Last edited by Gaztam; 16-03-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    • withywood
    • By withywood 12th May 13, 11:55 AM
    • 296 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    withywood
    i have a auriol weather station ian 71479 and its a hour fast - cant find how to put it on uk time.
    if my house aint clean enough for you tough
    • withywood
    • By withywood 15th May 13, 5:53 PM
    • 296 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    withywood
    found it - read the instructions
    if my house aint clean enough for you tough
  • maciekr
    external sensor problem?
    I bought mentioned aobve weather station in LIDL a week ago. At first I enjoyed it very much. But on evenings I noticed that readings from external sensor stops on circa 24 C. I placed the station outside (side by side with external sensor) and it measures "inside" temperature correctly (which was far below 24 C) while "external" readings were constant. On the morning it appears that it is again working correctly. It seemed to be associated with the time of the day (during the day I have no time to constantly watch the station) but I think that is unlikely. Also the LED indicator on external sensor flashes red with very low frequency - no matter the readings are good or not (in the manual we read that indicator flashes after switch on and lids during reset, no repeated flashes during operation described). The situation repeats.
    I have also tried below to solve the problem but without improvement:
    • Read the attached manual - in troubleshooting case not described (I have tried to reset the external sensor, but without success - although it resets - the red indicator lids)
    • Replaced the batteries with new ones
    • Tried to change the frequency channel - it switch to another, read signal but stops readings.
    • Tested to switch off the external sensor (removed batteries) - the base station indicates that los signal - no aerial icon and last readings flashes - but it not appears when readings are "frozen".
    Maybe someone encountered similar problems with weather station and can help me. It is a little frustrating that it is working wrong. I know the station was not expensive but it looks solid and reliable. The malfunction is not constant. Please help me before I will smash the station along with the external sensor from 9th floor. Best regards,
  • Fograt
    The Gypsies pinched my outside sensor and I need to purchase another one.
    Can I join your club. Have you found one yet? My model No is Z31092
    atroya
    Originally posted by atroya
    Is there room for a third member here?
    At 2am my dog went crazy, thinking it was a fox, I let her out but I've subsequently found that my outdoor sensor is gone and so is my wireless bell push. Perhaps it wasn't a squirrel that took yours Keith but a gadget mad fox!
  • Fograt
    The malfunction is not constant. Please help me before I will smash the station along with the external sensor from 9th floor. Best regards,
    Originally posted by maciekr
    If you haven't smashed the sensor, maciekr, can I have first refusal?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,315Posts Today

7,213Users online

Martin's Twitter