Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    csnann
    HMRC Identity Check
    • 16th Jul 11, 8:26 AM
    HMRC Identity Check 16th Jul 11 at 8:26 AM
    I just phoned the Tax Credit office to see how my renewal was going as I hadn't heard from them since I sent back the form in mid May. The man asked me some questions, such as NI number, full name and address, date of birth, then told me I had failed the security check because I wasn't listed on Experian. He said I will have to go for an interview at the HMRC Enquiry Centre and take my idintification documents, which should include a photo ID such passpassport, driving license or similar. I told him I don't have anything like that and he said that the office would let me know what they require.
    Does any one know what happens at one of these identity interviews? And why didn't I pass the check, none of my details has changed since the last time I phoned them?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,636Posts Today

8,334Users online

Martin's Twitter