Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Former MSE Rose
    What to do when someone dies - new guide feedback
    • 15th Jul 11, 5:01 PM
    What to do when someone dies - new guide feedback 15th Jul 11 at 5:01 PM
    Hi all,

We've written a new What to do when someone dies checklist to help those who are dealing with the death of a loved one, and it'd be great to get your feedback on the guide to help others through such a difficult time.

Please do share your experiences below, as well any tips to help others, or issues you've spotted. Are there any useful resources you've found along the way that have lightened the load, or anything you'd add to the guide? Just click 'reply' to post.

As a few of you have asked for a printable version, here's a quick way to print the guide:

1) Scroll to top of the guide.
    2) At the top left, just below the green sign-up box, there's a small grey 'Print' button.
    3) Click to print as normal (if you want the extra text inside the blue '+' dropdowns to print too, just scroll down the guide and click to open these before printing).

Thanks again for your help,

MSE Rose

Last edited by Former MSE Rose; 30-05-2013 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Adding print info
Page 4
    • Foxy Steph
    • By Foxy Steph 12th Oct 16, 2:15 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Foxy Steph
    I wish I'd known about this...
    What a great idea. I struggled with Mum's probate and probably paid over the odds. Please add my motoring club to your list for women who struggle with their motoring/cars/driving after a husband's death. We're called FOXY Lady Drivers Club and we provide support services, run on a not for profit basis. Lots of single ladies helping each other. Hope we can help others.
    • Blonde Bookworm
    • By Blonde Bookworm 13th Oct 16, 5:58 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Blonde Bookworm
    Guns/ Cars and other things
    Dad died years ago - had to do everything as Mum had had a stroke - guns (surrender to Police before arranging sale to gunsmith), car - tell DVLA, re register in my name; insurance ditto; sell possessions, move out of a tied (job related) house and I was 26yr old. there was no will either - I was a nervous wreck for nearly a year afterwards. my advice to family is GET A WILL DONE.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

22Posts Today

4,076Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Magwa61: @MartinSLewis thank you Sorry I thought it was you, conning sids ????????????????????????????????????

• No. It's NEVER the right way to switch energy. Please don't confused these 'moneyexpert' sales reps with my site mo?

• The MSE weekly email: Energy hike warning, No7 trick, £400 marriage bonus, £3 photo mug, railcard 15%off, 3.1% loan

• Follow Martin