IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Noddle Credit Report
Views: 47,532
# 1
Angyles
Old 12-07-2011, 11:31 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Noddle Credit Report

Hi All

Spotted this on Hot UK Deals earlier today, seems this is a new Credit Report that is going to be available from September and will be free for life. Has anyone heard anything about it?

Thanks

https://www.noddle.co.uk/
Debt-Free Wannabe / Long Haul Supporter 238 - Proud to be Dealing with my Debts
LBM Moment June 2010 DMP with CCCS Started August 2010
Total Debt at LBM = 17,602.74 / Current Debt = 16,285.76 / Cleared = 1.316.98 (7.5%)
CWU Cashback Referral Link = http://www.cwucashback.co.uk/r/?l=1439965
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
Tixy
Old 12-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

There is a thread here about it with a bit of discussion - MSE News: Consumers to get free credit reports from Callcredit
and an article Consumers to get free credit reports from Callcredit
A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
or "It costs nowt to be nice"
The Following User Says Thank You to Tixy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
lee20010
Old 12-07-2011, 11:34 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Link not working for me...
# 4
fermi
Old 13-07-2011, 8:12 AM

Links work fine here.
I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards, Loans, and Benefits boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com | > New to Forum? Click for Guide <

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
# 5
Angyles
Old 13-07-2011, 4:53 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Thanks all, I've had an email today thanking me for my registration and saying "Our first trial customer group is now full so your details have been added to the priority list for phase 2 and we will contact you as soon as we can welcome you into Noddle"
Debt-Free Wannabe / Long Haul Supporter 238 - Proud to be Dealing with my Debts
LBM Moment June 2010 DMP with CCCS Started August 2010
Total Debt at LBM = 17,602.74 / Current Debt = 16,285.76 / Cleared = 1.316.98 (7.5%)
CWU Cashback Referral Link = http://www.cwucashback.co.uk/r/?l=1439965
# 6
andyt8
Old 21-11-2011, 6:24 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Just been invited to sign up

Hi,
I was also told the first phase was full but recently got an email from Noodle inviting me to join the next group. You appear to sign in via callcredit with noodle being an affiliate..
# 7
lulalolly
Old 21-11-2011, 6:57 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I've got one, seems ok :-)
x
Virgin - 0 , HSBC overdraft 630 - ??% AER, Barclays - 4,527 - 0% APR, DFS - 1500 - 0% APR
TOTAL - 6657
# 8
sLondonScott
Old 31-10-2012, 10:05 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

First time poster after finding this thread in Google.

I've signed up for Noddle and looking through my credit report I have had insurance companies search it this month (I was taking out content insurance for a flat I'm moving in to). Thing is, I've had comparison sites and companies that I only got quotes from look through my file, does anyone know if this is normal? Will the amount of searches they have put in affect my credit rating?

Also, Noddle searches seem to refresh monthly, will these searches affect my credit rating?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help
# 9
MoneyMousey
Old 01-11-2012, 11:05 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I have had a Noddle account for a while now and think it is excellent. I don't see why I should have to pay to see my credit file so the idea of a free one is exactly what I wanted. Some people may argue that it is not as comprehensive as an Experian one for example but for the everyday person, it delivers what I need.

Mine identified an issue that I wasn't aware of and they helped me resolve it and get corrected on my report. I can't recommend Noddle enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyMousey For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
TheLincsEffect
Old 01-11-2012, 11:17 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I joined Noddle today and I've already sent 12 errors to them. I can't believe I've been so slack in checking my report. Particularly as a debt from 2007 is still hovering around as being in default even though it was eaten up with my bankruptcy 5 years ago. So cross. At least I am more savvy now than I was then. Hopefully they can correct all of my errors.

I have a question though, if they do tidy up all the errors. Does this mean my rating will automatically improve? Or is it all more complicated than that?
Hi, my name's Katy and I'm a (former) spendaholic!

NSD - November Challenge - 7/10

5/11/12 - 7 Weeks to Christmas Weight Loss Challenge! 2/14
# 11
Diet1985
Old 01-11-2012, 11:33 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I have just signed up.. it was nice to see what defaults I need to pay off first as some have dropped off my credit report.
Sofa 294.75 Current 941.33 Credit Card 998.59 Loan 6434.69 Credit Card 3900 Total = 12569.36
Current
Sofa 294.75 Current 941.33 Credit Card 998.59 Loan 6434.69 Credit Card 3900 Total = 12569.36
Nov 10 Day - 50.16/300
# 12
MoneyMousey
Old 01-11-2012, 11:42 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I am by no means an expert, but from my own experience your credit rating will not automatically improve. Noddle will help to clear any errors but with a default on your account it will take time. You will need to have some sort of credit agreement that you are up to date with to prove that you are now managing your money and over time it will improve.

For example, on my own account I had a bill from T-Mobile which was an account that I closed 18 months ago. They claim I owed them 14 as a final payment, so for 18 months they have put a default on my account which has screwed my credit rating, just when I thought it should be improving. Noddle supplied me with the number to contact them and I made the payment. My credit file now shows that the account is settled but my rating is still very poor. Now I have a mobile phone contract and a credit card with a small limit that I pay off in full every month. Over time my rating will now go up, but without checking Noddle, T-Mobile would still be wrecking my credit rating without my knowledge.
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyMousey For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
TheLincsEffect
Old 01-11-2012, 12:32 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMousey View Post
I am by no means an expert, but from my own experience your credit rating will not automatically improve. Noddle will help to clear any errors but with a default on your account it will take time. You will need to have some sort of credit agreement that you are up to date with to prove that you are now managing your money and over time it will improve.

For example, on my own account I had a bill from T-Mobile which was an account that I closed 18 months ago. They claim I owed them 14 as a final payment, so for 18 months they have put a default on my account which has screwed my credit rating, just when I thought it should be improving. Noddle supplied me with the number to contact them and I made the payment. My credit file now shows that the account is settled but my rating is still very poor. Now I have a mobile phone contract and a credit card with a small limit that I pay off in full every month. Over time my rating will now go up, but without checking Noddle, T-Mobile would still be wrecking my credit rating without my knowledge.
I see, thanks for that. Well, the first default was in 2007 so it should drop off next year. It's a rum do when you've made mistakes, done your best to sort things and people are still trying to screw you over. This time next year, there will be a lot of things dropping off my CF, will be interesting to see what happens then.
Hi, my name's Katy and I'm a (former) spendaholic!

NSD - November Challenge - 7/10

5/11/12 - 7 Weeks to Christmas Weight Loss Challenge! 2/14
# 14
Diet1985
Old 01-11-2012, 1:13 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

We have registered for both of us,
Mr has a 1/5 score which we expected as the defaults are in his name.
However
Mrs has a 2/5 score, with no defaults or late payments
she has 1 credit card which is 90% maxed but being paid off and has no ther credit arrangements,

How can we improve her credit score?
Current
Nov 10 Day - 50.16/300
# 15
Stewart_78
Old 02-11-2012, 2:27 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Possibly poor by association with you?
# 16
Stewart_78
Old 02-11-2012, 2:41 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Anyone know if the balances on Knoddle are accurate? Mine are all higher than Payplan say they should be.
# 17
Olliegami
Old 02-11-2012, 5:15 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Send a message via AIM to Olliegami Send a message via Skype™ to Olliegami

Their balances are often a month or so out - they collect the data on a day when they are given it by the companies you have credit with, and simply give you their most up to date numbers when ever your credit report is re-produced each month.
Current Debt: -6,531.90

Debt Free Day: February 2017 January 2017

Original Debt: -7,091.28
# 18
sky-falldown-allfalldown
Old 25-10-2013, 11:02 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Noddle not free?

urm am I missing something here - I signed up for a "FREE" account, and then the usual hidden fees introduce themselves for a proper breakdown of the credit file.

The free file is basically a list of addresses and accounts, and it is near impossible to cancel the account...

any advice?
# 19
fermi
Old 25-10-2013, 11:13 AM

Thanked 39,881 Times in 20,596 Posts

Yes, you are missing something. Your credit file is actually the factual account information, public records etc, that you see.

That is your credit file. That is what lenders check against. They base their judgement on the factual stuff, not the nonsense and worthless extras that the CRAs con customers into paying for.
I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards, Loans, and Benefits boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com | > New to Forum? Click for Guide <

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
The Following User Says Thank You to fermi For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
johncsadler
Old 01-11-2013, 10:51 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile Using Noddle

I had a query today from a peer to peer company saying a forwarding address appears on my equifax credit rating. I looked and the 'free' offer from equifax, then found out about Noddle. Having registered with Noddle and received my report I could see why the query was raised. Thanks Noddle, I am a believer!
The Following User Says Thank You to johncsadler For This Useful Post: Show me >>