Main site > Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Logbook not Arrived (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to

  • Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

    Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

  • No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Logbook not Arrived
Closed Thread
Views: 9,120
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
# 1
Old 11-07-2011, 9:29 AM
MoneySaving Convert
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 31
Default Logbook not Arrived


Just after a bit of advice, my other half bought a car on the roadside, checked history etc. All fine.

Problem is the Logbook has never arrived.

He filled in the change of keeper bit on the V5, and has that, he spoke to the chap he got the car from and he said he's sent off his paperwork a few weeks ago.

Will the DVLA talk to us because of Data Protection as technically its not in his name yet?

Any thoughts appreciated.
corrinney is offline
Report Post
# 2
Old 11-07-2011, 9:52 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Essex
Posts: 899

I had the same problem - Rang dvla to check why i had not received a new V5 and was told the they had not received one from seller. I was sure the seller sent one to dvla. A week later got V5 from DVLA. I suspect the issue here is DVLA very slow at processing documents.
I owe 3233 @ 0%
blacksta is offline
Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to blacksta For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
Old 11-07-2011, 12:14 PM
MoneySaving Convert
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 86

DVLA will discuss the matter and can inform whether or not your other half is currently shown as the registered keeper of a vehicle.

You can call DVLA on 0300 790 6802.

Keep hold of the V5C/2 new keeper supplement (green slip). You may need it to apply for a log-book and to save on the 25 replacement log-book fee.
Happytohelp is offline
Report Post
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 Forum Jump  

Contact Us - - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All times are GMT. The time now is 6:10 AM.

 Forum Jump  

Free MoneySaving Email

Top deals: Week of 25 March 2015

Get all this & more in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email full of guides, vouchers and Deals

GET THIS FREE WEEKLY EMAIL Full of deals, guides & it's spam free

Latest News & Blogs

Martin's Twitter Feed

  • RT @wickwar: @MartinSLewis I had the dilemma of what time do I set the timer for the automatic doors on the chicken coop....
  • Ok so who's having "will my phone automatically do the time change? What time do I set the alarm for" dilemma. #TimeChangeDilemma
  • Don't forget we time travel into the future tonight. At 1am it instantly becomes 2am. Lighter evenings. Hurrah.

Cheap Travel Money

Find the best online rate for holiday cash with MSE's TravelMoneyMax.

Find the best online rate for your holiday cash with MoneySavingExpert's TravelMoneyMax.

MSE's Twitter Feed