Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    nixta
    Anyone had dealings with Birchall Blackburn sollicitors?
    • 7th Jul 11, 1:37 PM
    Anyone had dealings with Birchall Blackburn sollicitors? 7th Jul 11 at 1:37 PM
    This company quoted me conveyancing through one of these comparison websites and they're much cheaper than a lot of the quotes we've seen. Does anyone know what they're like, whether they're any good? I've already been put off one solicitors that quoted from reviews on this site, but I can't find any reviews of these people. Part of my issue is that they're in no way local to us, (currently London/Essex borders) so there's no way of having face-to-face contact.
    Any thoughts welcome, as moving house is expensive enough so if i can save, i really need to!
    thanks
Page 3
    • maggiesu
    • By maggiesu 6th Oct 16, 1:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    maggiesu
    Birchall Blackburn
    This is the most frustrating law company I have ever dealt with.. I am a retired mortgage adviser and have never known legals to take so long to complete on a property. I am helping my son to buy his first property. Before we appointed them, he had his finance in place, no property to sell, not part of a chain so we never thought that 4 months on we are still nowhere near completion.!
    I can't imagine how they acquired the good reviews we read before we appointed them. I would never use them again..
    • Maggie51
    • By Maggie51 31st Oct 16, 12:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Maggie51
    Ms
    am buying a house from some people who are using this company, house purchase Dorset, Southport office of B & B & it has been a nightmare. These solicitors are tied up with Lloyds mortgages & come cheap, my solicitor say that's what you get when you pay peanuts. I would agree with all the negative comments ref; house purchase, we were ready to exchange last week bu couldn't because the solicitor was away no one to cover their comment there is not one who has the time or is willing to do this.. Told would happen today when the solicitor is back but my solicitor has been told she is not ready to exchange, I will lose my arranged moving date if I don't pay today they are full up for the rest of the week, my solicitor can never speak to the person concerned & I think they just don't care. I would never get involved with a buyer/seller using this firm. DON'T USEI am buying a house from some people who are using this company, house purchase Dorset, Southport office of B & B & it has been a nightmare. These solicitors are tied up with Lloyds mortgages & come cheap, my solicitor say that's what you get when you pay peanuts. I would agree with all the negative comments ref; house purchase, we were ready to exchange last week bu couldn't because the solicitor was away no one to cover their comment there is not one who has the time or is willing to do this.. Told would happen today when the solicitor is back but my solicitor has been told she is not ready to exchange, I will lose my arranged moving date if I don't pay today they are full up for the rest of the week, my solicitor can never speak to the person concerned & I think they just don't care. I would never get involved with a buyer/seller using this firm. DON'T USEI
    • RosesInTheHospital
    • By RosesInTheHospital 31st Oct 16, 1:15 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    RosesInTheHospital
    Ok....but
    I used this company at the beginning of the year for my conveyancing needs. The were OK, I had to chase a few times and thought it was all going smoothly until completion day..... Their Accounts dept had made a balls up on the statements for selling/buying and in order for me to complete they insisted I had to pay another £30,000 as there was a shortfall. Now, I'm no Accountant but even I know if an amount is in the credit and debit side on the statement, it cancels the amount out and I spend a good hour trying to get them to see their error.
    So, in order not to be homeless, I had to pay and low and behold 3 days later, it is back in my account as the they realized their error.
    Make of that what you will
    • FBaby
    • By FBaby 31st Oct 16, 6:19 PM
    • 16,148 Posts
    • 40,063 Thanks
    FBaby
    I've dealt with them recently and it's been a good experience. Completion was on time within the timescales we requested and progress was steady. There were a few minor issues in the way that were a bit frustrating and I certainly chased them through each stage to make sure they were progressing as required, but they always got back to me immediately and in the end, they delivered as expected, so very pleased considering the cost.
    • Suzanne Wilson
    • By Suzanne Wilson 22nd Nov 16, 11:16 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Suzanne Wilson
    Terrible
    ]We have been trying to deal with this firm since September we regret ever appointing them to deal with the sale/purchase

They consistently fail in all aspects of the process from the simple things of returning calls with update to the more complex items of reading emails ...... It's all just too much for them

My advice Do Not Use This Firm
    • DarkAngelEyes
    • By DarkAngelEyes 26th Nov 16, 1:14 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DarkAngelEyes
    Bad solicitors service
    Yes and don't use them. see the bad reviews that I have found about them and its alarming go to solicitor.ifo and it will alarm you
    • FBaby
    • By FBaby 26th Nov 16, 5:54 PM
    • 16,148 Posts
    • 40,063 Thanks
    FBaby
    Wonder why some are having such bad experience when mine has been so positive. I did build a rapport with the conveyancer from the beginning, introducing myself and going over the deadlines and then regularly chasing very politely. Always got a response within the day and it was always to reassure me that they were on track.
    Last edited by FBaby; 27-11-2016 at 6:21 AM.
    • Kegsclan
    • By Kegsclan 26th Nov 16, 11:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kegsclan
    Appalling service. They are representing the buyers of our house and delaying everybody with their incompetence, lack of communication and total lack of any professional integrity.
    • easilydistracted
    • By easilydistracted 28th Nov 16, 6:00 PM
    • 461 Posts
    • 503 Thanks
    easilydistracted
    -Used one branch and at the time I was quite pleased with them for the price although they needed a lot of chasing.
    -Used a different branch to buy the ex out when the property was transferred. They literally could not manage the fact that I wasn't giving him the money all at once but through a contract so told me to lie about the amount I was paying, creating more problems and meaning ex and I had to do the whole thing on trust rather than by their dodgy plan. Never got the completion paperwork or financial statement until it was posted to me by a stranger who they'd sent it to. When I complained the investigation led to them realising they still had some of my money on account and hadn't completed a couple of other important admin tasks.
    -Became not so pleased with the first branch when I used a proper local firm to sell and buy a new place and realised I was short of a lot of important certificates and missing essential enquiries that they'd not bothered gathering which meant I had to go to a lot of trouble to get replaced, significantly delaying my exchange.
    Wouldn't ever use again. I thought the feedback on here was quite OTT at the time. I was wrong!
    • DarkAngelEyes
    • By DarkAngelEyes 23rd Jan 17, 1:10 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DarkAngelEyes
    I wish I never used them
    Please don't use them and stay away. Look up solicitor.info website it will make you cancel asap any relations with them. Stay away from reallymoving website as their reviews are not accurate
    • Ougat
    • By Ougat 30th Nov 17, 8:27 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    Ougat
    They were great with our purchase..
    We used them recently (The Morecambe branch) and to be honest from the very first minute until completion they were superb. From the day we made the offer to completion was 2 months and a day and this included the ten days the seller was on holiday so could not be contacted for anything regarding queries.

When I could not speak to the actual solicitor dealing with our process whoever was on the phone was able to answer our queries and endless questions.

I would have no problem recommending them after our experience with them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,971Posts Today

7,199Users online

Martin's Twitter